Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: KRoll background check [#permalink]
Hi, would request the admission experts to throw some light on MappleSyrups query. I'm in a similar situation - I have a stellar professional background and 100% perfect app except that I didn't put 1 course that I enrolled into but eventually didn't complete the course as I realized that it would not add any value to my career goal.
I would be grateful if someone could share how would this go down with the adcom if a red flag is raised during the background check? Do all of the top50 b-schools undertake background checks?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.8
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
EBM wrote:
TVG wrote:
hey, can someone share the questions asked by the Kroll?
Thanks a lot!

They ask different stuff based on what each particular school wants them to verify.

As I've said about 6 times on this thread, unless you were deliberately misleading on your application, you have nothing to worry about.

Since you seem pretty informed and I think you have some sort of military background, I would like to ask something specific. But no moralist or rethoric questions such as "why do do you ask? If you were honest.." bla bla bla.

Whatever I reported is 110% true, double checked everything and I am sure that the most thorough check would go smoothly. Still, as a current member of an European armed force I am concerned because of our regulation. It doesn't matter if I authorize Kroll o similar firms to check everything, anyone will never ever be authorized to release information about my employment. Neither time nor function/location. Calling the HR hq all they would get is "due to privacy laws and security reasons, we cannot provide you those information". That's the law, as simple as that. So, how could I indeed make it safe for me to let kroll do its job?

Furthermore, how long usually does it take?

Thank you for any help!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
schedir wrote:
EBM wrote:
TVG wrote:
hey, can someone share the questions asked by the Kroll?
Thanks a lot!

They ask different stuff based on what each particular school wants them to verify.

As I've said about 6 times on this thread, unless you were deliberately misleading on your application, you have nothing to worry about.

Since you seem pretty informed and I think you have some sort of military background, I would like to ask something specific. But no moralist or rethoric questions such as "why do do you ask? If you were honest.." bla bla bla.

Whatever I reported is 110% true, double checked everything and I am sure that the most thorough check would go smoothly. Still, as a current member of an European armed force I am concerned because of our regulation. It doesn't matter if I authorize Kroll o similar firms to check everything, anyone will never ever be authorized to release information about my employment. Neither time nor function/location. Calling the HR hq all they would get is "due to privacy laws and security reasons, we cannot provide you those information". That's the law, as simple as that. So, how could I indeed make it safe for me to let kroll do its job?

Furthermore, how long usually does it take?

Thank you for any help!

My guess is you aren't the first international military applicant to fit that description, and I'd also guess that American applicants with FBI/CIA/NSA-type backgrounds would encounter the same issues. I can't imagine that a school would punish you due to your government/military refusing to release information for opsec reasons, and I don't remember off the top of my head how long it took them to verify what they needed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Every one!

I've just been accepted to a top MBA program at the USA and I'm facing the background check process for some time now (about 2 months). I'm getting kind of anxious and worried about it since I noticed some minor mistakes on my application:

Total Salary submitted: 40.000-45.000$ VS 38,6K$ reported by company
Starting job date submitted: 1st April VS 25 April reported by company

Do you think these mistakes are enough to be concerned?!

Best regargs,
Seb
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys,

A quick question, when it comes to background check does KRoll asks you to list all the job titles within the company you are in and specifics about start/end of each title as you have put in your resume? or it just asks for the current role in a company. In other words if you were promoted three times in a company, would you have to list all of them and their specific start/end times?

Thanks,
Director
Director
Send PM
Kroll only verifies what the school asks them to verify based off information pulled from your application and recommendations--you don't actually submit anything to Kroll.

I apologize if I sound harsh, but as I've posted about a half-dozen times in this thread you have nothing to worry about on the Kroll check unless you were deliberately untruthful or misleading in your application. They're not out to play "Gotcha!" and find a slight inconsistency just so they can get your admission letter rescinded. If there's any questions about something they need to verify they will contact you to clear it up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools: Yale '17
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey guy,

What details they will check on the Education ?
One of my friends apply earlier has problems about his school scholarship he received in the 2nd and 3rd year. He put it on resume but school didn't record any of this. And he got problems.
Now I faced the same situation. I have some school scholarships too but luckier than him, I still keep some document as evidence. Does it do any help in this cases?
Otherwise, my employment has problems too. I have rotated to another country for 6 months several times. During which, my supervisor and salary payer was the company branch at that country. I did not know how HR will record that.
Someone please elaborate this issue for me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
KRoll background check [#permalink]
Asking salary from supervisors? :roll:

Originally posted by generalist on 30 Dec 2014, 06:56.
Last edited by generalist on 27 Jul 2015, 08:31, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V43
GPA: 3.61
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
I am getting ready for business school. Super excited. Last thing is the background check – then I finally have the official ticket to play.

Today my boss resigned! Now what?! He was my recommender. When they do the background check will I will have to give them his cell number?

Any suggestions? I am sure this will look fishy to them. I mean I guess they can confirm his dates of employment with HR as well to verify that he is no longer with the firm but still – this is annoying and worrisome.
Director
Director
Send PM
There is zero chance that you'll get punished for having a recommender who resigned from his job. If adcom needs to contact him to ensure he actually wrote a recommendation for you, then they will find a way to do so.

As I've posted at least a half-dozen times on this thread, there is NOTHING to worry about on the Kroll check unless you were intentionally deceitful or misleading on your application. Schools do not use the checks as a way to play "Gotcha!" and ding people for technicalities--if anything is at all unclear, they will contact you to confirm.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V43
GPA: 3.61
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
EBM wrote:
There is zero chance that you'll get punished for having a recommender who resigned from his job. If adcom needs to contact him to ensure he actually wrote a recommendation for you, then they will find a way to do so.

As I've posted at least a half-dozen times on this thread, there is NOTHING to worry about on the Kroll check unless you were intentionally deceitful or misleading on your application. Schools do not use the checks as a way to play "Gotcha!" and ding people for technicalities--if anything is at all unclear, they will contact you to confirm.

haha! Thank you for calming my nerves! I just started freaking out that day. I know there inst anything to worry about - I just am annoyed that I may have to go through some more 'proof checking' than normal.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi guys, quick question. Say you are working as an associate at an investment bank. The official title is Associate, however, you just became eligible for promotion. So, if you say Senior Associate in your resume, would that cause a problem in background check?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hibye wrote:
Hi guys, quick question. Say you are working as an associate at an investment bank. The official title is Associate, however, you just became eligible for promotion. So, if you say Senior Associate in your resume, would that cause a problem in background check?

I have similar concerns:

1) I was officially announced to be promoted to Title A from Title B in my current department in Jun 2015. So I put Title A as my ending title in my resume and app. Yet it turn out to be officially effective after my submission date but before my interview date.

2) I omitted Title B in my resume. It should be like Title A (2015-present), Title B (2014-2015). But since the two titles's roles are very similar and are within the same department, and I also have 2 other titles before Title B within the same company, just to save some space, I wrote like Title A (2014-present) and did not mentioned Title B and this promotion.

I've already submitted my package, but found this mistake later. I'm a bit freaked out if this will be a deal breaker? Will the background check dig into such details?

Thanks a million!
Director
Director
Send PM
morningsideheight wrote:
hibye wrote:

I have similar concerns:

1) I was officially announced to be promoted to Title A from Title B in my current department in Jun 2015. So I put Title A as my ending title in my resume and app. Yet it turn out to be officially effective after my submission date but before my interview date.

2) I omitted Title B in my resume. It should be like Title A (2015-present), Title B (2014-2015). But since the two titles's roles are very similar and are within the same department, and I also have 2 other titles before Title B within the same company, just to save some space, I wrote like Title A (2014-present) and did not mentioned Title B and this promotion.

I've already submitted my package, but found this mistake later. I'm a bit freaked out if this will be a deal breaker? Will the background check dig into such details?

Thanks a million!

I should probably ask one of the admins to pin this post to the top of every page of this thread seeing how I've posted some variant of it about a dozen times, but since they haven't...

Unless you've made a deliberate attempt to be misleading or outright deceitful in your resume, essays, or elsewhere in your application, then the Kroll background check is simply a formality and is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Schools are not looking to ding people on technicalities--if they have ANY questions about what you've submitted, they will contact you to clarify.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
KRoll background check [#permalink]
Hey Guys - happy new year! Sorry, but I'm reviving this old thread. I caught a mistake in my community volunteer section after reviewing my application proof in greater detail. I applied to a top 10 business school program. Dates and hours are wrong (I put five months of involvement whereas I was only involved for two months). This is something that is back in 2009, and involves picking up trash / cleaning.

Is this something that background check firms will need to verify? The exact dates of my involvement? Been worrying about it and just wanted to ask someone who knew better. Apart from this, I have several other more material community service activities that I'm in presently.

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
activesurf95 wrote:
Hey Guys - happy new year! Sorry, but I'm reviving this old thread. I caught a mistake in my community volunteer section after reviewing my application proof in greater detail. I applied to a top 10 business school program. Dates and hours are wrong (I put five months of involvement whereas I was only involved for two months). This is something that is back in 2009, and involves picking up trash / cleaning.

Is this something that background check firms will need to verify? The exact dates of my involvement? Been worrying about it and just wanted to ask someone who knew better. Apart from this, I have several other more material community service activities that I'm in presently.

Thanks!

Don't worry about this much. If Kroll or any other background check company has questions, they will reach out to you directly.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
aerien wrote:
activesurf95 wrote:

Thanks!

Don't worry about this much. If Kroll or any other background check company has questions, they will reach out to you directly.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Aerien. Appreciate the response. Do you know if they typically review stuff like this that happened that long ago? Sorry if I'm jumping the gun here.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16