Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: last 50-60 questions [#permalink]
Similar to the Orange OG, The Green OG presents its questions in an ascending order of difficulty. Hence the latter half is what you should concentrate on. However since I dont have my GMAT books with me anymore (I gave my test last month), I cant give you any more specific information :(

gablaze23 wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
Hi Fawreel,

You are right. These are the type of questions you need to get correct consistently to score heavy on the quant section. In fact Most of the OG initial questions are not really representative, as they are far too easy. Get the green maths OG as well.

Also look into the challenges on this site to gain confidence on quant.

fawreel902 wrote:
Hi guys,

Kinda hitting a wall on the last 50-60 questions in the OG. Some I get right, some not. Are these the questions I need to be anwersing to get a good quant score or are the ones in the middle sufficient to break a 40 in quant. Thanks!

How about in the OG Math (green book, which numbers would you need to break Q40?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just want to break a 45. Those last 60 questions are so hard! Why would the OG give us question types that they would never ask?.................
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
i had trouble with the last 60 or so as well last summer. I probably hit at a 70% rate. Learn the concepts in those questions. Learn why something is the right answer. Don't focus as much on right and wrong unless you are a week from the test. Always be learning.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
faweel,

Its not that the real test never 'asks' these questions. The adaptive nature of the test means that when you get on a roll and get a few questions correct continuously, the difficulty level of the questions increases. So the top maths guys do indeed face questions of that level. If you manage to see questions of that sort in your live GMAT test, you should be pleased, since it indicates that you are doing something correctly.

cheers.

fawreel902 wrote:
I just want to break a 45. Those last 60 questions are so hard! Why would the OG give us question types that they would never ask?.................

Originally posted by bsd_lover on 29 Jul 2007, 17:22.
Last edited by bsd_lover on 31 Jul 2007, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: last 50-60 questions [#permalink]
fawreel902 wrote:
Hi guys,

Kinda hitting a wall on the last 50-60 questions in the OG. Some I get right, some not. Are these the questions I need to be anwersing to get a good quant score or are the ones in the middle sufficient to break a 40 in quant. Thanks!

they are definetly harder... i didn't hit a wall; but my hit rate dropped on the last 30 questions or so to like 75% and they took me like over 3, 3 1/2 minutes each to solve... oh well!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm just wondering.
Would a person scoring at Q45 commit any mistakes in the last few numbers?

In the green book, I especially had a hard time finishing 160 onwards.
I just want a Q45 :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
honestly a 45 would be great for me as well. Does one need to be a math whiz to get a 45 in quant? If I am getting about 70-75% of the math questions in the OG right, does that mean I have enough knowledge of the content to get a 45? Help! :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts