GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 09:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Last Few Days Study Plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Last Few Days Study Plan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 23:38
Hello!

I have been studying for around two months for the GMAT. My GMAT online exam is schedule for 10th June 2020. During my preparation, I took four Mocks and scored as below

Sr No Date Total Score Total Q Correct Q Incorrect Q Q Score Total V Correct V Incorrect V V Score
1 8-May-20 620 31 22 9 48 36 20 16 27
2 17-May-20 680 31 19 12 48 36 23 13 35
3 27-May-20 700 31 23 8 49 36 26 10 35
4 31-May-20 690 31 21 10 46 36 28 8 38

Also. while doing some more official practice question even now from GMAT Official Practice Question 2, I am making mistakes in SC, CR and DS (Difficulty Level : Medium) which sometimes put me in doubt.

Since I am a week away for my exam, any last minute tips to reach 700+ score.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Last Few Days Study Plan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 23:54
Hi Apoorv, quick question about your mock exams - what platform did you take the mock exams on? did you take them with the online whiteboard?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 00:45
I took GMAT Official Practice Set 3,4,5 and 6.

Yes, I took three test, using online whiteboard. However for the first test, I used Pad,
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 00:53
Apoorv07 wrote:
I took GMAT Official Practice Set 3,4,5 and 6.

Yes, I took three test, using online whiteboard. However for the first test, I used Pad,

Hi,

An approach that has helped me is to really sit down and analyze my weaker areas.

Based on the mock exams you took, I would say make a list of all your wrong answers (silly mistakes and otherwise) and a list of the answers you got right but were not sure of. Take the next 2-3 days to analyze each question and their options in detail, understanding why you made your choices and what was wrong with them. You should be able to find answers to most questions on GMAT Club.

Once you do this, spend a day or 2 analyzing other areas - are you good with timing? is your concentration getting affected towards the end of the exam and thus affecting your score? Is there a particular section - SC/ CR/ RC where your fundamentals need strengthening? And focus on these areas.

Once done, go over all the concepts again for a day or 2 and then attempt your next mock.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 01:05
Thanks for the input.

Did you suggest to take one more mock before exam?
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 01:13
Apoorv07 wrote:
Thanks for the input.

Did you suggest to take one more mock before exam?

Sorry, I didn't see that your date was scheduled for 10th June -in that case, I would say spend today and tomorrow analyzing all your mistakes and then attempt a mock again. Scoring well in a mock goes a long way in boosting your morale on the exam day
e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 03:19
Hey Apoorv07

Looking at your sectional scores I can say that you have improved a whole lot in Verbal but your Quant score is inconsistent.

You should revise your Quant concepts, quizzes and error logs and see where you are making repeated mistakes. Make sure that you are not repeating these mistakes.

Tips to score a Q50+ in the GMAT Quant Section

Hope the above strategy get you to your target score

e-GMAT strategy Expert
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 11:50
Hi Apoorv07,

Since you're now less than a week from your Official Test Date, you have to be careful about trying to do too much studying. When you reviewed your recent CATs, how many questions were you getting wrong because of silly/little mistakes? I ask because those are issues that you could potentially 'fix' in a short period of time.

During the last few days before your Exam, you should limit your studies to general practice and light review (NO CATs and NO 'cramming') - you would be better served by getting some extra rest so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 17:25
Hi Apoorv07,

Since you have only about a week until your GMAT and you are pretty close to your score goal you may find it helpful to engage in focused practice of each individual quant and verbal topic. For example, let’s say that you want to practice Number Properties. You can do so by answering 50 or more questions just from Number Properties: LCM, GCF, units digit patterns, divisibility, remainders, etc. As you do such practice, do a thorough analysis of each question that you don't get right. If you got a remainder question wrong, ask yourself why. Did you make a careless mistake? Did you not properly apply the remainder formula? Was there a concept you did not understand in the question? By carefully analyzing your mistakes, you will be able to efficiently fix your weaknesses and in turn improve your GMAT quant skills. Number Properties is just one example; follow this process for all quant and verbal topics. Also, make sure you start to wind things down in the days leading up to your GMAT. You want to make sure that you are fresh and ready to go for test day.

You also may find it helpful to read this article that provides some advice on how to treat the final week leading up to your exam as well as some test day tips.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
225 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Last Few Days Study Plan   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2020, 17:25

Last Few Days Study Plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep