GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 18:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

November 18, 2018

November 18, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score. November 18th, 7 AM PST
  • How to QUICKLY Solve GMAT Questions - GMAT Club Chat

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

The reward for signing up with the registration form and attending the chat is: 6 free examPAL quizzes to practice your new skills after the chat.

Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
D
Premium Member CAT Tests
Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 09:59
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

35% (medium)

Question Stats:

62% (01:22) correct 38% (01:23) wrong based on 29 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it sold red wine for r dollars per case and white wine for w dollars per case. What was the ratio of the revenue from red wine to the revenue from white wine?

1) Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold each case of red wine for 3 times as much as each case of white wine.

2) Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold 2 times as many cases of white wine as it sold of red wine.

"Please hit :thumbup: +1 Kudos if you like this post" :student_man:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"

Director
Director
P
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member
Re: Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 17:09
CAMANISHPARMAR wrote:
Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it sold red wine for r dollars per case and white wine for w dollars per case. What was the ratio of the revenue from red wine to the revenue from white wine?

1) Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold each case of red wine for 3 times as much as each case of white wine.

2) Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold 2 times as many cases of white wine as it sold of red wine.

Given, \(SP_{r}=$r\) , \(SP_{w}=$w\)

Question stem:- Ratio of revenues or, \(\frac{r*n_{r}}{w*n_{w}}\)=? where \(n_{r}\) & \(n_{w}\) are the no of cases of red and white wine respectively.

St1:- Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold each case of red wine for 3 times as much as each case of white wine.
Or, r=3*w
We require the value of selling price of red wines and white wines per case or a relationship between their selling prices.
Insufficient.

St2:-Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard sold 2 times as many cases of white wine as it sold of red wine.
Or, \(n_{w}=2*n_{r}\)
We require the no of red wines and white wines per case or a relationship between their unit cases.
Insufficient.

Combined, we have,
\(\frac{r*n_{r}}{w*n_{w}}\)=\(\frac{3w*n_{r}}{w*2n_{r}}\)=\(\frac{3}{2}\)
Ans. (C)

Regards,

PKN

Rise above the storm, you will find the sunshine

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
Re: Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 19:04
We need to know that:

Total Revenue = (Selling price per case) * (Number of cases sold)

To get the ratio of red wine revenue to white wine revenue, we need both the statements as both the statements fill a neccessary void in my equation. Hence, answer should be (C).

CAMANISHPARMAR wrote:

Stuck in the 600-700 score bracket? I welcome you to read my four-step course of action to a modest score.
I also invite you to critique and help me find flaws in my modus operandi. Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it... &nbs [#permalink] 03 Sep 2018, 19:04

Last Sunday, the Stewart Vineyard ran a price promotion in which it...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap