GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 21:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

LBS Mim(today) vs LBS MBA vs Duke MBA vs STERN (tomorrow)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: LBS
LBS Mim(today) vs LBS MBA vs Duke MBA vs STERN (tomorrow)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2015, 11:35
Hello!

I am facing great difficulty in choosing the correct path for me. Whether to take up MSc Management at LBS now, or try for an MBA (in US Preferably)
after another year of working . I have recently received an offer for the LBS Masters in Management degree.

- 22 yrs female , India
- currently working at EY (have one year experience)
- GMAT 740
- financing the degree through a loan
- wish to work in abroad
- Bachelor of Commerce from Delhi University, good GPA
-have good amount of volunteer experience at college level

Option 1 : MSc Management LBS
The root cause of my dilemma is the employment situation in the UK. I have seen the employment reports of 2014 which claimed 98% students
received employment within 3 months of completing the course. However, I have been in touch with the current students and they told me that the
employment situation is rough and even though they are studying at "London Business School", employers are not willing to sponsor them(as required by
the UK laws). Since I am financing it through a loan, getting a good job after the degree is very crucial for me. If after the degree I have to come back to
India, then it will be difficult for me to repay. Hence, my confusion.

Pros:1. I am really attracted by the whole experience LBS has to offer (international networking, London factor etc.)
2.LBS has a stellar reputation worldwide
3. LBS is my dream school

Cons: 1. Rough Employment situation in the UK.
2. MIght not be able to repay the loan
3. MSc is not an MBA

Option 2 : MBA Later in the US
Most B-schools in US require minimum 2 years work-experience. I already have one year work-ex and so after working for another year at EY I can go for an MBA
probably in one of the top b-schools (not talking about Wharton, Stanford, Harvard bdw!) in the US.
Additionally I can apply for an MBA at LBS (MBA >MSc ,but yes I won't be sure about the employment situation then also).

Pros: 1. Though there will be competition, but getting a job will not be next to impossible in the US.
2.Loan will be repaid.
3. MBA > MSc

Cons: 1. I will be competing against a larger sample set (for MBA).
2. Not sure about my chances of getting in.

Please suggest the best and suitable option for me!
GMAT Club Bot
LBS Mim(today) vs LBS MBA vs Duke MBA vs STERN (tomorrow)   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2015, 11:35

LBS Mim(today) vs LBS MBA vs Duke MBA vs STERN (tomorrow)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate