GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2019, 01:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

LBS R1 roll call

new topic post reply Update application status  
CEO
CEO
LBS R1 roll call  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2007, 09:35
Ok fellows,

R1 is due tomorrow (19th October). Who's applying there with me ?

Was it just me who found the word limits somewhat tough ?
Intern
Intern
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2007, 05:18
Mi interview was initially scheduled for 1hr but over-ran by about 20mins. I got the chance to ask questions at the end so in the end the whole interview lasted 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm still not entirely sure if that was good or bad.

I think there was a few pages of A4 full of potential presentation questions and she circled the one she wanted me to work on and left the room. Because I only had about 5mins to preare, I didn't look at any of the other questions on my page at all. My question was not behavioural and had absolutely nothing to do with my application though I suspect she took my background, aplication and answers to her previous questions into account when she picked that particuar question. It appears the questions are quite random but they always require you to take and stand and argue for your position. When I was preparing I visited a lot of sites and some people in previous interviews got questions like:
1) What are you thoughts on tattoos and body piercings?
2) What three things would you put into a time capsule?
3) Fish stock are going down in oceans, do you think we should stop eating fish? Would this impact in fisherman economy?

I'll post the sites I used to prepare as soon as this forum allows it. Apparently until I've posted 5 legitimate posts, I can't include links to sites in my message. Spammers and all that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Re: LBS R1 roll call  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2008, 15:38
Dear Catgmat,

I am happy to inform you that you will stay on the waitlist! Eventually I will reconsider your application on April 16th to keep you waitlisted until the next 2 months or ding you then. This year's applications have been very bla bla bla bla bla....

I think that I understand now why some people prefer a ding over a waitlist. I fear that the waitlist turns out to be a soft, long version of a ding.

By the way, this reminds me of falling in love with my teacher when I was a kid. I saw her every day in class, but never dated her :)

..and yes, I am bitter!

cheers,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2008, 12:50
Hey BSD,

LBS actually dings people from its waitlist according to a BW post that I have just read :shock: :

"... Just to update you ...I was a R2 Waitlist and I was dinged last night after the ADCOM met to review the candidates....Indian/US/UK, Male, 30, 780, 10 years (IT+Investment Banking)...."

...well, maybe he could improve his GMAT or WE? Just kidding, I am shocked, since this chap seems to have an amazing profile and got dinged R2 after only one month on the waitlist...

...there definitely is something happening in London (if this post is true)...

cheers,
Retired Moderator
Schools: Wharton Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 16:04
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 16:34
:( I had my hopes up for you both too. I was hoping to have another GMATclubber on campus!

With luck, I'll perhaps see some of you in next year's class. :)
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 18:04
In a way I'm glad. I've just started a new role and had they admitted me now, the move would have been too much to handle in just 20 days.

They said that they'll give me a decision for next year by September 10th. I'd just have to submit an updated resume. I was going to reapply to LBS anyway, but I don't have to create a full application now.

Also, If I get an admit by September 10th, then that gives me peace of mind for a whole year. Heck I'll have time study for the CFA. If I decide to apply to other schools, they would be better than LBS (and not many of those around)...

Cat - which school will you attend now ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2008, 01:17
catgmat wrote:
Fortunately, I am privileged to decide between Cranfield SOM and HEC Paris until end of this week due to installment dead lines. Although I want to work in UK, I think it will be HEC...What do you think?

I really hope that you make it into LBS next year's class!

cheers,

Hi,
I visited HEC Paris last year. They provide exchange programs with many top MBAs from other countries. And you could apply to spend the last term (I believe 4 months) at LBS. An HEC student who was going to to so told me that 10 of them applied to the LBS exchange and 4 were accepted.

Do you have an EU passport? If you don't, you may prefer an UK MBA if you want to work there: you will get work permit if you graduate from certain MBAs (HEC is not part of that list, but Cranfield is).

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp/mba_provision
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2008, 01:57
HEC is a great school and I would probably favor it over Cranfield as it would sure give you better recognition both in France and internationally. It all depends what you want to do and where you want to work afterwards.

FYI, automatic HSMP provision for MBA is abolished since April 08. Thus, you do NOT have a work permit after school but however, you will apply under the "post-study work" provision of tier 1 application. If you apply within 12 months of graduation from a recognized UK institution/program, this should allow you to stay 2 years following graduation and give you enough points to apply for general tier 1 hsmp application thereafter.
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigra ... y-work.htm

Although the process is now more complicated, it is still better than trying to find a visa under US policies.

Sorry to hear about LBS but things sure happen for a reason. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

Paul
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2007, 11:24
I'm in. Would love to spend 2 years in London going to B-school.

Quick question though - My transcripts aren't going to arrive at LBS until Monday - I'm applying from the US. I thought I could overnight my transcripts, but not so much. I got slammed at work for the past week and couldn't make it to the FedEx place until today. With the 1st round application due Friday (tomorrow), does this mean I will now be considered in the Second round? If yes, any advide on how to mediate this would great.
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2007, 11:54
[quote="gnr646"]I'm in. Would love to spend 2 years in London going to B-school.

Quick question though - My transcripts aren't going to arrive at LBS until Monday - I'm applying from the US. I thought I could overnight my transcripts, but not so much. I got slammed at work for the past week and couldn't make it to the FedEx place until today. With the 1st round application due Friday (tomorrow), does this mean I will now be considered in the Second round? If yes, any advide on how to mediate this would great.[/quote]

Hi gnr646, I am in the same situation as you are. There has been a strike by the Royal Mail for the past I dont know how many weeks. As such there would be delays. I spoke to the adcom and they said "Normally we wait for a week for the supplementary documents to arrive". In my case, I had sent LBS my transcripts but they are apparently stuck up somewhere in London. I hope to send the same again tomorrow, which I guess they would receive by Monday!. Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2007, 13:02
Awesome!! Thanks for the quick post, that's a huge weight off my mind. Now I'm definately making sure this app gets sent online by tonight!
CEO
CEO
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2007, 18:30
I am in your boat, I am applying from Australia. Here is an excerpt of an email conversation I had yesterday.

Dear bsd,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in London Business School .
As long as you submit your application by the application deadline of October 19, we will allow up to two weeks after the deadline to receive supporting documentation such as transcripts.

I hoe that this clarifies the issue.

Wishing you all the best,

Of course she used my real name :). But this puts to rest any issues we have with regards to transcripts not reaching the school by 19th.

gnr646 wrote:

Quick question though - My transcripts aren't going to arrive at LBS until Monday - I'm applying from the US. I thought I could overnight my transcripts, but not so much. I got slammed at work for the past week and couldn't make it to the FedEx place until today. With the 1st round application due Friday (tomorrow), does this mean I will now be considered in the Second round? If yes, any advide on how to mediate this would great.
Director
Director
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2007, 14:37
Good luck BSD!

LBS is a huge hit with Ozziesssss!!!!!!!!

All the best for your app...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2007, 02:16
I also applied to LBS for R1, sorry for the late post. Yea I freaked out about the transcripts as well, had to beg my uni to overnight it on the 17th.
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2007, 07:29
gnr646 wrote:

I thought all the UK MBA programs are 1 year programs.
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2007, 10:51
it's a flexible program from 15-21 months
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2007, 11:09
here are some details. LBS is the pretty much the only euro schoo that mirrors the us MBA programs. most others (INSEAD, IMD) tend to be in the 1 year range.

http://www.london.edu/mba/programme/choice.html
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 07:36
anybody hearing anything in terms of invites?
Manager
Manager
  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 08:13
gnr646 wrote:
anybody hearing anything in terms of invites?

As far as I know, they will be out only on 16th....till then breathe easy :)
GMAT Club Bot
  [#permalink] 05 Nov 2007, 08:13

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 174 posts ] 

LBS R1 roll call

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi