Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
im surprised no one here suggested this.. but i improved the MOST with the LSAT logical reasoning bible!!! it is very very dense.. but after 3 months of studying i improved drastically for the LSAT and i currently get 85-95% of the CR questions right on the gmat!!!!

i suggest investing in this!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
natuago91 wrote:
I did that and one day it just hit me, and I finally saw the patterns behind the question/answers.

Agree 100%... you will go nowhere unless you start to recognize patterns in the questions/answers.

My hit rate on CR went from 88%-95% once I realized this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have been lurking on this site since Feb. to help me prep for my test on July 28th; so needless to say, this is my first post. Anyhow, in response to your question, one book that I have found useful to determine CR patterns is the Kaplan GMAT 800, (2007-2008 Edition). Initially I was reluctant buying anything Kaplan for my studies because of a bad experience that I had four years ago with their GMAT class, (and also due to all the negative posts on this site about Kaplan), but I have actually found this book to be very helpful. It breaks down the types of CR questions, and helps to identify how to answer each question type. Before I bought this book I was scoring all over the board from a 60-88% hit rate. After studying with the book I have now been consistently scoring 90-100% of all the questions. Anyhow, my 2 cents. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Re: Looking for help in CR [#permalink]
One thing which can help you is that thinking the way OG teaches us to think. If you see explanations in OG, they eliminates few choices because they explain how it is out of scope and how it is not something CR is talking about. Just try to pick this approach.

Once you are left with few choices (usually two) it is about recognizing patterns and your own logical ability.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Most test prep guides suggest to read the question before reading the argument. I think it helped me alot to paraphrase everything into my own words. I never moved to the prompt until I new specifically what the question was asking. I would then not move to the answer choices until fully understanding the prompt. I also read a great suggestion here once to try and be really interested in what the prompt is about. This sounded silly at first, but it really helped me get a top verbal score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What LSAT materials did you used??? Could you provide a link to amazon.com???

andrealittrell wrote:
im surprised no one here suggested this.. but i improved the MOST with the LSAT logical reasoning bible!!! it is very very dense.. but after 3 months of studying i improved drastically for the LSAT and i currently get 85-95% of the CR questions right on the gmat!!!!

i suggest investing in this!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Vlad77,

Someone has just posted the soft copy of logical reasoning bible in the verbal forum.
You can download it from there.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts