GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 13:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Looks Like Yale SOM Isn't Too Happy w/ Virtual Classes.....

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Looks Like Yale SOM Isn't Too Happy w/ Virtual Classes.....  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Apr 2020, 10:22
Since I haven't yet made 5 posts and can't post links, try Googling "change org yale reimbursement of 1/4th the annual cost" and you'll see what I mean...

EDIT: https://www.change.org/p/yale-school-of ... om-tuition

Originally posted by DannyMcBride on 11 Apr 2020, 17:59.
Last edited by workout on 13 Apr 2020, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Added the link
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q164 V161
GPA: 3.19
Re: Looks Like Yale SOM Isn't Too Happy w/ Virtual Classes.....  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 05:21
It’s gotten only 10 people to sign it over a week... with that being said of course it’s a valid concern that many students have, even those at SOM. I just don’t know why you’re highlighting this at SOM over other schools. It could be an extra prevalent sentiment or issue at SOM, but nothing about the link you raised indicates such a thing

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.7
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 05:24
I don't think this is a only Yale SOM issue. I've heard a lot of current students organizing petitions to demand refunds from schools. Namely, INSEAD is trying to get a 50-75% refund. Given the length of the program, it makes sense that they are highly affected by the Covid19 situation.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 07:41
nancydrew93 wrote:
It’s gotten only 10 people to sign it over a week... with that being said of course it’s a valid concern that many students have, even those at SOM. I just don’t know why you’re highlighting this at SOM over other schools. It could be an extra prevalent sentiment or issue at SOM, but nothing about the link you raised indicates such a thing

I think what stands out about SOM (versus, say, Wharton, INSEAD, GSB, etc.) is the lack of tact - there are better, more diplomatic ways to convey their point than to threaten that they "will not donate any sums greater than 1$". I'm glad that only 15 (presumably) students have signed it; if a majority of the student body had signed something so poorly worded, you really have to wonder what they're teaching over there...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q164 V161
GPA: 3.19

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 07:53
FWIW- it’s an anonymous petition that doesn’t show who is behind it. My point is that you’re taking something anonymous and minuscule on the internet and extrapolating it into something that defines all of SOM, which I think is unfair and pretty ridiculous. Idk why you’re so quick to generalize and believe what you see on the internet- there are many times that other schools have demonstrated lack of tact thanks to the actions of a tiny percent of their population. Not sure why you’re so caught up on this one example.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2020, 18:00
Yep, see attached for student survey responses to how the administration dealt with things...
Attachments

Yale SOM - COVID-19 Survey.pdf [2.45 MiB]
Downloaded 39 times

To download please login or register as a user

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Looks Like Yale SOM Isn't Too Happy w/ Virtual Classes.....   [#permalink] 08 May 2020, 18:00

Looks Like Yale SOM Isn't Too Happy w/ Virtual Classes.....

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: neo92, sharathnair14