GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 04 Mar 2021, 23:17

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 01 2021 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 22 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview with Ms. Kristin Branch, Director - The A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Analytics & Insights since that is the specialization that I opted for in my application. The interview went on for around 40-50 minutes and was a conversational and engaging one. I was asked the following questions: 1. Tell me about your career to date and how does it connect with your plans of pursuing an MBA. 2. Tell me about your most significant achievement. 3. Tell me about your leadership style and some examples to describe the same. 4. Tell me about a situation where there was a conflict between you and your supervisor, and how did you resolve the same. 4. Tell me about 2-3 recent marketing campaigns that you know of. 5. Tell me about the parameters that you have kept in mind while selecting the prospective business schools, and which other schools have you applied to. 6. Tell me 5 words that your co-workers would use to describe you."

anshul4 from India GMAT 670; WE: 42 months; Insurance
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2021 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 15 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Very conversational interview. 1. Give a backdrop on how your background has prepared you for your specialization. 2. Describe yourself in 5 words and give examples 3. Why Madison? 4. Leadership style 5. How do you connect/communicate with people you're meeting for the first time? 6. What are you bringing to the table? 7. One piece of constructive criticism and how did you work on it? 8. Imagine you've graduated and seated with your family & friends, what would you tell them about your life/experience at Madison? 9. If you had 2-3 wishes, what would you want to improve about you? 10. Anything else you'd like to mention? 11. Why should we choose you over others? Probably a couple more I cannot recollect at the moment. And that was followed by advice around an MBA program and the Madison experience. I loved the interaction. Lasted about 45-50 mins. Fingers crossed, all the best to others!"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 25 2020 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I had my interview with assistant admissions director. It lasted for around 40mins. 1. tell me about your work experience. 2. short term goal. 3. why Wisconsin? 4. why OTM or SCM? which one you are more inclined to? 5. time when you had to make a difficult decision. 6. time when you had to process new information. 7. one thing you are most proud of. 8. 3 words to describe yourself. 9. one thing you would have done differently at work if given another chance. 10. what do you want to gain from your peers and what will they gain from you?"

jainish1p from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 03 2019 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 21 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview Debrief of my Online Interview: 1) Things about your professional background that make you a fit for your choice of specialization. 2) 5 words to describe yourself and explain why 3) What would your teammates and peers tell about your leadership style 4) How do you connect with people, your style of making relationships. 5) One piece of constructive criticism you got and worked on it. 6) If you had 2-3 wishes, what sills would you want to gain by using them. 7) Why MBA and why Wisconsin 8. What will you contribute to the class? 9. What do you want to gain from your classmates? Etc.. It was longer than an hour. We finished in about 80 mins including questions i asked back and some time got wasted with connectivity issues. With conversational and the interviewer had a understanding and supportive attitude. I could feel him taking interest in what i have to say, instead of just trying to evaluate me."

kunal_raizada from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 21 2019 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 17 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"It was longer than an hour. Was conversational and the interviewer had a understanding and supportive attitude. I could feel him taking interest in what i have to say, instead of just trying to evaluate me. 1) Things about your professional background that make you a fit for your choice of specialization. 2) 5 words to describe yourself and explain why 3) What would your teammates and peers tell about your leadership style 4) How do you connect with people, your style of making relationships. 5) One piece of constructive criticism you got and worked on it. 6) If you had 2-3 wishes, what sills would you want to gain by using them. 7) What will you contribute to the class 8) What do you want to gain from your classmates 9) Why MBA and why Wisconsin"

Kunal_raizada from India GMAT 710; WE: 132 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 24 2018 [#permalink] Madison, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 31 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had My Wisconsin interview yesterday via sparkhire- it was great! -Walk through resume -why mba and now -what are my career goals -tell me about recognition given to an employee -tell me about a challenge motivating a team or employee"

QuestioningMeaning from United States

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 03 2015 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Good day beautiful people! My interview went well. Question asked were related to my job. 1. Tell me about a typical day in your job. 2. Tell about about a project you worked on did not go well. What did you do to overcome the difficulty? 3. Tell me about a project mentioned on my resume. 4. Why this specialization? SCM? 5. What companies are you targeting for internship and post MBA jobs? 6. What will you contribute to the class? 7. What do you want to gain from your classmates? Keep smiling. Hope to hear a positive reply on 9th Dec."

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 03 2015 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Got interviewed yesterday. Got the mail on 1st to have the interview on 3rd. Questions were: Genral work experience related Failure project Any group project that was a success What do you add to the wisconsin student body What do u expect to learn from the wisconsin student body"

ramish6 from Pakistan GMAT 720;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 30 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi everyone, My interview happened today. The interviewer was the director of the Center for Brand & Product Management and we talked for 40 minutes. He was super nice and asked me general questions such as ''why an MBA now?", "why UW?", "where do you see yourself professionally in the future?". I don't think they have a rigorous script of questions and my conversation flowed smoothly and naturally. In the end, he asked me questions about my specific career goals (industry and country) and B plans. I think the main point is to know for sure what you want to do with your career. I'm sorry for those who were dinged this time. I was dinged in the last round of UW's last admission process. I decided to improve my Gmat score to reapply now and it seems that it made a difference. I wish you all luck in other processes."

MaryBelBr from Brazil GMAT 660;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 28 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview happened last week. Was not my best one and having caught the flu did not help. Otherwise questions were general ones and interview was quite conversational. Some qs - goals, why mba, some leadership exo qs, personal achievements, etc."

AM2015 GMAT 720;

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 24 2015 Final Decision: Admitted

"Just finished with my skype interview (MBA in marketing research) with Kristin Branch. Below are the highlights and questions asked! - Started 20 min. late, lasted close to 45 minutes as promised - There was a connection problem at her end and it was practically an audio interview - Questions: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Specific question about my profile (moving offices) 3. Why MBA at this time 4. Short term long term goals 5. 1 Leadership experience 6. Working country preference 7. Conflict with the manager 8. Example of the marketing impact in the real world 9. Asked if I had any questions 10. 4 terms that your peers would use to describe you Overall, it went okay minus the technical glitches and was mostly conversational. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions."

Manish24 from India

yes
no