GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Magoosh For GMAT Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 570 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 640 Q38 V31
GMAT 3: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 570 Q31 V38
GPA: 3.75
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Magoosh For GMAT Prep  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 11:34
I have read the reviews, but I was wondering if anyone on here has given Magoosh a try, and what they thought of it for quant, but specifically verbal prep?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 12:45
Meaning the users who have taken the course but did not post a review? :-?

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345345496

There are hundreds of verified reviews... all over the place and have a pretty good varied feedback. Probably be more reliable than someone who has not taken a course commenting on it.... just my 2 cents.

Posted from my mobile device
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Magoosh For GMAT Prep  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 12:55
bb wrote:
Meaning the users who have taken the course but did not post a review? :-?

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345345496

There are hundreds of verified reviews, what final confirmation do you need?

Posted from my mobile device

I am sorry Bunnel, reading now, I see that I must have seemed quite vague in my post. Most of the reviews I read spoke a lot about the quant questions, but not as much about the verbal questions. I am 99% sure that I am going to subscribe at this point. What I was hoping, was that some of the of the people I follow on the forum (souvik, GMAT Ninja, empowergmatrich, daagh, to name a few) might have had experience with Magoosh and the quality of its verbal questions.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 16:57
Hi ocelot22

Based on my experience, I can tell you that Magoosh will be a good investment :) I would rate Magoosh's Quant as probably one of the best and most complete resources. That's, in all probability, all you will need to crack the Quant section. I also found that the practice questions are a notch higher than what you will find on GMAT. Case in point - 2 days before my GMAT exam, which I wrote last week, I got a Q46 on Magoosh's practice test. On analysis, I found that I had got 9 wrong but all those questions were rated at a difficulty level > 65% on gmatclub; It's probably not the score you want to see 2 days before your test but none the less, it was good practice. On the real test, I scored a Q50. So, that's probably testament to the variety and difficulty of questions in their repertoire.

As for the Verbal, I think they have a fantastic SC module. I struggled with the CR and RC sections on the exam day. So, I cannot vouch for those two but that's not to mean that they aren't great. Perhaps, I didn't use the strategies in the right way.

Plus, they also have a great support team :) All in all, if I were to invest again, I would in Magoosh :) Hope this helped.

Cheers
Anudeep
Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Magoosh For GMAT Prep  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 05:40
anud33p wrote:
Hi ocelot22

Based on my experience, I can tell you that Magoosh will be a good investment :) I would rate Magoosh's Quant as probably one of the best and most complete resources. That's, in all probability, all you will need to crack the Quant section. I also found that the practice questions are a notch higher than what you will find on GMAT. Case in point - 2 days before my GMAT exam, which I wrote last week, I got a Q46 on Magoosh's practice test. On analysis, I found that I had got 9 wrong but all those questions were rated at a difficulty level > 65% on gmatclub; It's probably not the score you want to see 2 days before your test but none the less, it was good practice. On the real test, I scored a Q50. So, that's probably testament to the variety and difficulty of questions in their repertoire.

As for the Verbal, I think they have a fantastic SC module. I struggled with the CR and RC sections on the exam day. So, I cannot vouch for those two but that's not to mean that they aren't great. Perhaps, I didn't use the strategies in the right way.

Plus, they also have a great support team :) All in all, if I were to invest again, I would in Magoosh :) Hope this helped.

Cheers
Anudeep

Thank you Anudeep, that was just the kind of validation I was looking for. I actually ended up subscribing to Magoosh the other day, and I have to say the questions so far seem pretty high quality. I don't pay much attention to difficulty level of questions these days, but I would say that questions they tag as easy or medium are sub 600 level, questions tagged as hard are 600 level, and questions tagged as very hard are 700+ so I would say that there is a good representation of questions difficulty level.

Thanks again,

ocelot22
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Magoosh For GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2019, 05:40

Magoosh For GMAT Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep