GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Manchester or Boston MBA or Imperial? - need advise

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Manchester or Boston MBA or Imperial? - need advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 22:59
Hi all,

I am confused to choose between Manchester Business School or Boston School of Management or Imperial. Can anyone help me?

I am from HR background, and I want to switch career into strategy consultant / investment banking.

I have 5 years work experience.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Re: Manchester or Boston MBA or Imperial? - need advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2015, 04:15
That's a big switch for those schools to help with. Investment Banking Front office might be a significant stretch from any of those schools.

Consulting would be easier although strategy consulting again would be difficult.

I'm not sure about Boston - but Manchester would likely help you better in getting into consultancy (utilising the internship) but their recruitment would be mostly into the big four professional services firms and then firms like Accenture, BT, Capgemini etc. Obviously Strategy consulting roles are in the minority in these so where the challenge lies.

ICL would be better for the Investment Banking route - given its in London and strong links to firms in the City - however the one year MBA would make the switch more difficult and without the prior experience, opportunities will be slim.

Looking at average salaries/rankings etc I'd say your opportunities from Boston would be slight worse than ICL and MBS.

If it was me in your shoes - I would try to make a career switch into the top strategy consultancies now utilising HR specialty as a experienced hire.

If that didn't work then consider MBS with a look to getting into big four strategy consulting.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Manchester or Boston MBA or Imperial? - need advise   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2015, 04:15

Manchester or Boston MBA or Imperial? - need advise

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate