Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Re: manhattan verbal vs. real gmat verbal [#permalink]
my highest MGMAT verbal was 35 and my real GMAT verbal was a 39.

I think the MGMAT verbal q's are very long and wordy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I took a MGMAT 9w course, and found that the MGMAT verbal isn't representitive on the actual GMAT. The questions you see on MGMAT CATs, in my opinion, are based off thier teachings in class. The questions on the MGMAT CATS are setup to complement the course they teach, while on the actual GMAT you see a wide variety of question "setups" within a subject matter.

While the MGMAT Verbal questions may be harder, the actual GMAT have questions that don't look like what you've been practicing on MGMAT CATs, it throws you off... well atleast it threw me off.

But overall, the course was very good, the material is unbelieveable

its early in the AM here, not sure if my post made sense

Hope it helps
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
GMAT4Lyfe wrote:
I took a MGMAT 9w course, and found that the MGMAT verbal isn't representitive on the actual GMAT. The questions you see on MGMAT CATs, in my opinion, are based off thier teachings in class. The questions on the MGMAT CATS are setup to complement the course they teach, while on the actual GMAT you see a wide variety of question "setups" within a subject matter.

While the MGMAT Verbal questions may be harder, the actual GMAT have questions that don't look like what you've been practicing on MGMAT CATs, it throws you off... well atleast it threw me off.

But overall, the course was very good, the material is unbelieveable

its early in the AM here, not sure if my post made sense

Hope it helps

I agree. I think from the V section only the SC of MGMAT resemble the real GMAT closely. RC and CR can only confuse you.
However, I find their Q sections very valuable with those hard time consuming problems. Obviously, I could never finish in 75 if I don't guess at least on a few questions. And when you guess on PS, it is pretty much blind guessing. But you really learn to be faster on the DS and pick an answer without having to set up equations, etc. That is still a dangerous strategy, but it may come handy when you are running out of time at the end of the test. On the bad side, the number of mistakes I make on their tests is a real confidence killer :(.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I had totally opposite experience with manhattan verbal. I don't think they are harder. And their style is wierd. My verbal score on manhattan verbal average all above 37 and hit the 40 level twice. But my actual gmat verbal I only scored 28.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts