GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 00:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Prepare a Concrete Application Plan!

December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

30-minutes personal consultation for application planning.
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.

Mannheim Master in Management (MMM)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Mannheim Master in Management (MMM)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 20:06
Is there an applicants forum for MMM Mannheim as well? Because I think there are many applicants here but there are only forums for MBA programs where you can compare previous year’s applicants admission points and stuff :/

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Mannheim Master in Management (MMM)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 10:53
Hi all,

I've been pondering about the possibility of getting accepted to the English track of this program given my profile. Hence, if anyone could provide me with insights, I would be much obliged!

Bachelor's: Senior at a Business Administration program lectured in English at one of the most established universities in Turkey.

CGPA: 3.86/4.00

Internship: 1-month Assurance internship at KPMG.

GMAT: 640 (Q48, V30); AWA: 5.5; IR: 7 (Screwed up the exam, especially the Verbal section, due to sickness)

Study Abroad: 6 months of Erasmus at a Hochschule in Germany + Summer School in Finance at the LSE

Additional: Volunteered in a municipal project for the elderly for one semester; Student representative for the department; CFA Challenge national finalist

Any thoughts on how my application to the English track would fare?

Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
G
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 11:14
iMasonGmat wrote:
Hi all,

I've been pondering about the possibility of getting accepted to the English track of this program given my profile. Hence, if anyone could provide me with insights, I would be much obliged!

Bachelor's: Senior at a Business Administration program lectured in English at one of the most established universities in Turkey.

CGPA: 3.86/4.00

Internship: 1-month Assurance internship at KPMG.

GMAT: 640 (Q48, V30); AWA: 5.5; IR: 7 (Screwed up the exam, especially the Verbal section, due to sickness)

Study Abroad: 6 months of Erasmus at a Hochschule in Germany + Summer School in Finance at the LSE

Additional: Volunteered in a municipal project for the elderly for one semester; Student representative for the department; CFA Challenge national finalist

Any thoughts on how my application to the English track would fare?

Thanks a lot!

You have a good profile. However GMAT might be an issue. 650 would have been safe. But nonetheless, you should try for it.
Just a quick question. Why don't you go for MFin?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 06:26
Prateekj05 wrote:
You have a good profile. However GMAT might be an issue. 650 would have been safe. But nonetheless, you should try for it.

I assume the probability of me getting accepted falls short of +75%, so I would rather retake the exam since my scores on Official GMAT Prep Tests ranged from 700 to 740.

To answer your question, although I would like to get involved with finance as much as possible, I failed to find an English-instructed MSc in Finance in Germany. Given all English programs in Business, I hope to enroll in Mannheim's MMM since it provides several courses on Banking and Finance, as well as a few courses on Risk.

Frankly, I didn't think the names of degrees would matter until you pointed it out. Would M.Sc. in Management or in Finance differ from one another that much if one can take quant/fin/econ courses in the former?
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 10:42
iMasonGmat wrote:
Prateekj05 wrote:

I assume the probability of me getting accepted falls short of +75%, so I would rather retake the exam since my scores on Official GMAT Prep Tests ranged from 700 to 740.

To answer your question, although I would like to get involved with finance as much as possible, I failed to find an English-instructed MSc in Finance in Germany. Given all English programs in Business, I hope to enroll in Mannheim's MMM since it provides several courses on Banking and Finance, as well as a few courses on Risk.

Frankly, I didn't think the names of degrees would matter until you pointed it out. Would M.Sc. in Management or in Finance differ from one another that much if one can take quant/fin/econ courses in the former?

Are you only targeting universities in Germany? Frankfurt school of finance and management offers a program for Mfin with English as the language of instruction.

I was just suggesting because you have quite some experience in finance and it would make much sense for you to go for MFin. You mostly get entry level positions after MiM. Even I want to work in finance but I have a background in engineering. I am mostly interested in applying to specialized masters in management programs but there are only a few colleges that offer. Although you can take up electives, but you won't be studying all the subjects in finance. You'll have to pick a few of them. Plus I think MFin will attract more job opportunities and you will get core profiles.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 12:28
Prateekj05 wrote:
iMasonGmat wrote:
Prateekj05 wrote:

Are you only targeting universities in Germany? Frankfurt school of finance and management offers a program for Mfin with English as the language of instruction.

I was just suggesting because you have quite some experience in finance and it would make much sense for you to go for MFin. You mostly get entry level positions after MiM. Even I want to work in finance but I have a background in engineering. I am mostly interested in applying to specialized masters in management programs but there are only a few colleges that offer. Although you can take up electives, but you won't be studying all the subjects in finance. You'll have to pick a few of them. Plus I think MFin will attract more job opportunities and you will get core profiles.

You got it right that I only target German universities. I will also dig deeper into MFin programs from now on; thanks for helping me think it through. Indeed you have a point there regarding courses in management programs and finance programs. Surely delving deeper into financial theory in a finance program would equip one better for a finance position.

As for your engineering background, I am sure you would be quick to pick up finance in either management or finance program due to its embeddedness in the quantitative foundations. Would love to disscuss schools further with you in application periods, too. Good luck in advance! :)
Manager
Manager
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 15:23
Thanks for your kind words and the encouragement. You should definitely take a look at French schools. ESCP and ESSEC are really amazing for MFin. And you can also go for London, since you have some experience over there as well. But nobody knows how it's gonna be like post Brexit. But a degree from top schools in the UK is revered all across the world and the prospects of getting a good profile increases :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Mannheim Master in Management (MMM) &nbs [#permalink] 04 Dec 2018, 15:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

Mannheim Master in Management (MMM)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap