GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 16:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Mark My Username

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 560 Q37 V30
CAT Tests
Mark My Username  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 20:05
Hey everybody, I took the official GMAT two weeks ago and I was really disappointed in my score (560) so I cancelled it. Not sure why, but I feel that my score really understated my ability to do well on this test. Anyway, I want this post in the forums so when I come back after taking my GMAT later, this post can prove to people that no matter the jump or obstacle, as long as you believe in yourself from the start, you really can do anything. I'll get a 750+ score on the GMAT probably around August the latest. So yeah, I'll be in and out of the forums with updates, but come this August (or earlier), be ready for a debrief of a lifetime.

- 800boyo
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Mark My Username  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 20:20
Hi 800boyo,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not turn out better. As an aside, the 750+ score is approximately the 98th percentile - meaning that 98% of Test Takers never score that high (regardless of how long they study or the number of times that they take the GMAT). Thankfully, NO Business School requires a score that high - so it's important to realize that the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" are probably not the same thing. There's no harm in making that your Score Goal, but you'll need to hone a number of specific skills before you can get to the point that you can consistently score at that higher level - and that training will take a significant amount of time and effort.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Director
Director
V
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 01:41
Hi 800boyo, I like your spirit, and I would like to remind you that gmatclub would be a useful tool to achieve your goal, especially regarding the quant part. I got Q51 with no course, but with the help of the content of this club.

here is my recipe:
1- study each topic from this megathread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gmat-quantitative-megathread-244512.html#p1886497
2- After each topic, don't jump to the next until you practice questions on it.
3- After finishing a topic, go to the questionbank https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
4- choose the same topic, start with the easy difficulty, and choose known sources only (Offical guide, Kaplan, Veritas, Manhattan,....) and click search
5- rearrange the questions in decending order according to the number of kudos.
6- Solve the top questions (easy top 50) (medium top 25) (hard top 15)
7- for each question, use the time counter.
8- for any question that you solved too slow or solved wrong, add it to you bookmark.
9- read the explanation of each questions thoroughly (both right and wrong ones)
10- pay attention to how the questions are answered and the concept behind
11- if you find any new concept or formula, write it down in a separate paper for your reference.
12- repeat these steps for each topic by advancing from easy to medium to hard.
13- don't skip a level without making sure that the previous level is mastered (easy 90%, medium 80%, hard 65%)
14- don't skip a day without solving quant.
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 09:25
Hi 800boyo,

I love the confidence:).

If you have any questions regarding your study plan, feel free to reach out.

Good luck!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

VP
VP
V
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 09:46
800boyo wrote:
Hey everybody, I took the official GMAT two weeks ago and I was really disappointed in my score (560) so I cancelled it. Not sure why, but I feel that my score really understated my ability to do well on this test. Anyway, I want this post in the forums so when I come back after taking my GMAT later, this post can prove to people that no matter the jump or obstacle, as long as you believe in yourself from the start, you really can do anything. I'll get a 750+ score on the GMAT probably around August the latest. So yeah, I'll be in and out of the forums with updates, but come this August (or earlier), be ready for a debrief of a lifetime.

- 800boyo

Hi 800boyo

All the best for your preparation.
I’m sure it would a heck of a debrief.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Mark My Username   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2020, 09:46

Mark My Username

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics