Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
"Quote:
No school guarantees a career in any industry. That is up to you, my friend.

Crazy horse.... that is an extremely subjective opinion... school is as much part of how eductation is imparted to you as well as an important yardstick of your being a virtuoso in the industry....I dont agree whole heartedly with what you've said....Anyhow "

No, it's not subjective to say it doesn't guarantee a career. That's the word I am specifically referring to, "guarantee". An MBA doesn't guarantee anything. It provides opportunities for you that you *may* not otherwise have, but it doesn't guarantee a career at all. I have several friends with MBAs, and one who didn't really have great experience or particularly great job skills (other than the ability to schmooze) found himself working at a wine store for $7 an hour despite his MBA when the dot com craze crashed.

You should absolutely learn from the experiences of others on the various forums, but you'll get more out of your time in the forums if you learn more on your own first about the application process, b-school itself, post-MBA careers, etc. You will also develop more realistic expectations that can guide your efforts as you pursue school, if you read articles or books about getting an MBA, in addition to seeing what people in the boards say.

That's pretty much all I'm sayin'!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
An MBA doesn't guarantee anything. It provides opportunities for you that you *may* not otherwise have, but it doesn't guarantee a career at all. I have several friends with MBAs, and one who didn't really have great experience or particularly great job skills (other than the ability to schmooze) found himself working at a wine store for $7 an hour despite his MBA when the dot com craze crashed.

First of all i take that "guarantee" word back.. i was not trying to suggest anything !!!!!

please note that in all sincerity i am not one of those hippodi hoppodee kids, happy go lucky kinds, i work hard and i dont expect nothing other than working really hard!!! I never wanted any one least of all you to get the impression that i would get into a decent school, ask everything around, get into a rather non ambitious seat and eat my way through life!!!! I am a novice, in need of some information....anyway i dont want the discussion to get spoiled, the thread becoming internecine....so if you have any suggestions, other than the already mentioned :oops: :shock: please chip in..!!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]