SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 02 2019 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Mar 02 2019

"On campus with a second year student during a mass interview day. The interview was a bit stilted but got more conversational as it went along. After asking about career goals, why MBA/why now/why Marshall and WMTYR, the rest of the questions centered on my resume and follow up questions regarding my responses. I was asked how my boss and directs would each describe my management style. I was also asked what I thought would be most challenging part of the program and what on my resume I was the most proud of. There was plenty of time for questions and my interviewer was in no rush to keep to a certain timeframe. My interview lasted about 45 minutes in total."

This user wants to stay Private
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 14 2019 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
On Campus Interviewed on: Mar 01 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Nirav Mehta on 3/1/2019. The interview was very short (under 15 minutes) and I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I was admitted. 1. Walk me through your resume, starting with your education in about 2-3 min. 2. Why an MBA? 3. Why Marshall? 4. What are 3 qualities of a leader? 5. What's your long term goal? I spoke a lot on my experience in customer success, which led to the next question 6. What's the most difficult part about customer success? 7. Any questions? My background is in construction technology and that's where we spent most of our time talking. It was very conversational. I kept my answers short and to the point and only had two brief questions that I asked. If your interview runs short, don't overthink it like I did!"

MBreeden from United States GMAT 640; WE: 54 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 11 2019 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 25 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Grace Kim on 25th. This was pretty much in the middle of the season for R2. Right from the interview invite to the interview, everything was very comfortable. A little bit about me: 4.5 years of product development (software) experience in a very technical field of optical telecom products. Future vision into Cisco. Grace was very conversational and wanted to truly understand what I am doing and why my future plan makes sense. Hence, the questions hovered around the standard questions, but were more like conversation pointers: 1. Tell me about what you do. Here, I mentioned about my work experience and the leadership examples, as she had mentioned about the pointers from the resume. 2. So tell me more about what you do? Was your last organization more of service and this one product? -here I explained with an example of flight service that what is the exact problem we are trying to solve and each of my experiences has been in a product. 3. What is your short term goal? Here I mentioned short and long, for everything to fall into place more obviously. 4. What do you think MBA will give you? Here, it was more of Why MBA reasons. 5. Tell me about a leadership experience. 6. What kind of a leader are you? What will your peers in the discussed leadership experience say? 7. Why Marshall? 8. What is a misconception your colleagues might have about you? Here, I mentioned that they might think I cannot be assertive, but it's more like I am diplomatically assertive, so they cannot tell precisely. So, it might not be a misconception for them, but I have a tool in my armor to make it work. We wound up with little time for me to ask questions. So, I focused on two short questions I really wanted to understand her experience-perspective about. It lasted for about 34 minutes."

Reveur from India GMAT 720; WE: 60 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 22 2019 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 20 2019

"I had my Skype interview this Wednesday. Apart from the standard questions of 'Walk me through your resume' and 'Why MBA, Why Marshall', the rest were based on the answers I had given. You can expect a couple of questions around your personal interests and leadership style as well. In the end, you get a chance to ask the interviewer some questions. My interview lasted for a little more than 30 minutes. It was really conversational and they help you feel at ease. So my advice will be to just be yourself and be prepared about your goals and the reason for wanting to study at USC."

anulfc from India GMAT 730; Accounting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 23 2018 [#permalink] Marshall
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 23 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Done interview with Ms. Elaine today. Was a pleasant experience. Felt like talking with a friend about a new business opportunity Here is the list of questions: 1. What made you choose the major in university? 2. Walk me through your professional experience 3. Describe a typical day of your job 4. Why MBA and USC? 5. What do you do for fun? 6. 3 things that your peers tell about you? 7. Any question for me? The interview lasted 31 minutes. Best of luck guys :)"

emeraldweapon from Viet Nam GMAT 710; WE: 84 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 20 2018 [#permalink] Marshall
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 21 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Just got done with the interview . Not sure whether anyone ever had a shorter interview than mine. Lasted for 17 minutes . I don't know whether to read too much into the short interview duration or not What do you currently do? Why MBA Goals ? What do you like to do for fun ? Any questions ? Alexi was great and the interview was extremely conversational . He made me feel extremely comfortable . I think those about to be interviewed at Marshall should just relax since it will be like a fun talk with an old friend you're connecting after years Let me know if any of you have any other questions"

KM2018AA from India

yes
no
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 16 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"So I interviewed at Marshall the other day after doing interviews at Anderson and Haas 2 consecutive weeks prior. Needless to say, between what I do professionally and the fact that I was flying from San Jose for the UCLA and Marshall interviews, I was extremely tired. But one thing that was unique about USC that I really appreciated, given that I'm a really weird candidate in regards to background, was how open the lines of communication were. It was energizing. Nirav was very, kind, accommodating, and made me feel excited about the prospects of attending USC, despite me applying to GSB, Haas, and Anderson additionally, tough in state competitors. Leading up to the interview, like 72 hours before, and peaking about 30 minutes before my interview, my personal life was falling apart in all facets. Literally. I didn't know how I was going to interview. But walking into the office, I felt and understood the mystique. Marshall is not as flashy as other facets of USC, but I will say this - you can tell that at Marshall, people just get stuff done. There are not a lot of frills, but you can tell the program is straightforward if you've been on campus or done extensive research. Additionally, walking around Marshall, I was surprised how quiet and peaceful it was. I know it was a Friday afternoon, but for being in the middle of LA, the environment is serene. That helped given what I was going through at the time. As soon as I walked through the office, I felt empowered and calm enough to give at least a not completely terrible interview. The interview was very straightforward, same as all MBA programs - walk us through your resume. One aspect of the interview that appealed to me, that was different from my other interviews was how open and flexible it was relative to other programs. That is neither good nor bad - it's just something to consider when preparing. What I mean by that is when you interview, if you're a person who knows exactly what you want out of life and can articulate it effectively, your interviewer will allow you the space to express that. Conversely, if you're someone who may not be as confident in what you want or not sure what direction you want to go, that will be revealed more in a Marshall interview than at least Anderson and Haas. But if you think about it, it's effectively the same dichotomy with all MBA programs, just variations in the degree to which that dichotomy is engrained in the culture, but not by many degrees of separation. I had a good time. For being a top program, Marshall's admissions staff does a really good job helping you feel confident about your application process from sign up to post interview. To be fair, everything I'm mentioning is just based on single interviews across 3 schools, not a large sample size, but I do think that the overall culture will be reflected regardless of interviewer. Hope this helps!"

This user wants to stay Private from United States Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 14 2018 [#permalink] Marshall
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 27 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Just got done with my interview with an admissions officer on campus. It was very laid back and the interviewer asked me the following questions. 1. Have you gotten in touch with any students or alumni from USC Marshall? 2. Walk me through your resume post undergrad. (She further asked some specific questions about my current job based on the impact listed in my resume) 3. What are your short time goals, and what kind of company would you like for post MBA. 4. What do you like to do for fun? 5. Who’s your favorite artist and why? (This was based on my prior experience as an entrepreneur in entertainment) 6. Do you have any questions for me? The interview took about 45 minutes, and it was very conversational. I came straight from the airport to campus to attend the interview so she made me feel comfortable and gave me suggestions on where to go and what to see after the interview."

swapnak from India GMAT 740; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 03 2018 [#permalink] Marshall
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Nov 26 2017 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Had my interview on 25/11/2017 in Mumbai. Had a different experience than what people have posted here as my interviewer had read my essays before I came. The questions were: - Walk me through your resume - Elaborate on the short term goals mentioned by you in your essay and how will USC help you achieve them? - How does your company differentiate itself from its competition (As I am from a family business background) - Tell me about your greatest achievement - Tell me about the biggest obstacle/ challenge you faced in your life outside work - According to you, what are the top 3 qualities of a great leader - How do you embody the number 1 quality you feel a leader should have - Do you have any questions for me Overall the interview was very conversational and ended in 30 mins on the dot. The interviewer was mindful to leave sufficient time for any questions that I may have."

ekansh8 from India GMAT 730; WE: 36 months; Real Estate

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 21 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"She told me that it's a blind interview, so if there is anything from application I would like to add, I can. Walk me through your resume Why MBA Why USC? Have i visited campus and have interacted with students? One Leadership example What is my leadership style? This went on for a few minutes I had mentioned that I have stayed in LA in the past, so she asked what I liked about LA in particular. What do i do in my spare time? Asked about my recent road trips which I had mentioned in one of previous questions. (spoke in length about 5 -8 min, coz she also liked to travel and we had been to some common places in last ne year). Last not the least, if I had any questions for her. Interview lasted 30-33 minutes. She told me college will start sending out decisions after thanksgiving weekend and they did. Hope this helps."

amanjot1803 from United States GMAT 720; WE: 83 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 15 2018 [#permalink] Marshall
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 20 2017 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi, guys! Had my interview last night via Skype. It was pretty conversational; the interviewer was nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable. Questions were straightforward and standard: talk a little bit more about this work experience, why you made some career choices, what's your leadership style, how do you deal with conflict, have you ever visited LA, why MBA etc. It lasted 30 minutes sharp! She told me I will hear back from them by the end of the year; they're working hard to release decisions earlier, but we never know. I have a good feeling about this one! USC Marshall is a great school that makes total sense for me and my career goals! Fingers crossed! Good luck to you all! :)"

rafa2603 from Brazil GMAT 670;

yes
no