GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 26 May 2022, 10:33

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Apr 04 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Online Interviewed on: Apr 04 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interviewed with Rachel Woolslayer. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Marshall? 4. Leadership qualities you currently possess 5. Greatest accomplishment 6. One misconception about you 7. What are your interests outside of work 8. Do you have any questions for me"

This user wants to stay Private
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 25 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 25 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewer: Nicholas Lopez (Associate Admissions Director) Duration: 30 mins 25 mins for interview questions 5 mins for my questions Questions - What would you like to share about yourself? - How did you find the USC MBA program? - How can Marshall help you achieve your professional goals? - How do you make sure you achieve your goals? - What is something that you are really good at? - What motivates you? - What inspires you? - What does success mean to you? - What are the qualities of a good leader in your opinion? - On the flip side, what makes for a bad leader? - Tell me about a time you received feedback that made you upset at the time but has been constructive in hindsight. - How well does the USC program fit your expectations? Experience: At the beginning, Nick explained how the interview would be structured and then jumped into the questions. He was very warm and kept the interview very conversational. He also gave some great answers to my questions at the end. Hope this helps!"

Darpa from India GMAT 740; WE: 94 months; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 17 2022

"I had my interview with Laura from Adcom. It was conversational and lasted 30 mins - 25 mins for the interview and 5 mins for Q&A. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Tell me about your leadership experiences and what your leadership style is 3. What are your strengths? 4. What are your weaknesses? 5. Why MBA? 6. Why Marshall? 7. Short-term goals? 8. Did you connect with any student or alum? 9. What was the last book you read? 10. How do you spend time outside work? Hope this helps. Good luck!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 27 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 17 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Online/ Conversational/ Adcom/ Resume Based/ "Interviewer: Nirav Mehta Duration: 35-40 mins 25-30 mins for interview questions 10 mins for my questions Questions: 1) Tell me about yourself 2) I can see many achievements on your Resume, what is your greatest achievement? 3) What are the 3 qualities of leader that you admire? 4) Tell me about the time when you motivated your team members? 5) What are your short term and long term goals? 6) Why MBA ? 7) Why Marshall? 8) Any question for him? I asked around 3-4 questions. Experience: At the beginning, He introduced himself and explained structure of interview. He was very warm and kept the interview very conversational. He also gave some great answers to my questions at the end. He also asked me few things regarding my city and in general. Overall it was my great experience to interact with him. Hope this helps!""

Smilie1708 from India WE: 60 months; Health Care

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 16 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 16 2022 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Had my interview with Laura Hartman. Lasted for 20 min. Last 5 min for Q&A. It was a blind interview 1. Tell me about your work post-undergrad. 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Marshall? 4. Tell me about your leadership exp at my company and how are you as a leader. 5. Did you connect with the students/alumni at Marshall. Who were they? 6. Tell me your strengths. 7. Tell me your weaknesses. 8. what do you like to do outside your work? 9. Any questions for me? Hope this helps. Good luck!!"

Charu11111 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 18 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 02 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my interview with Nick Lopez, pretty chill guy. 1. How did you find the USC program, indicators for selecting a B-School. 2. Tell me about yourself. 3. How do you approach a problem. 4. What inspires you. 5. What motivates you. 6. What is the definition of success as per you. 7. Why MBA and how USC can help achieve you those goals. 8. Short term plan and long term plan. 9. TMAT when you had a conflict in the team and how did you go on about solving that. 10. Difficult decision that you made and how."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 14 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Jan 14 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview was with Nicholas Lopez, Associate dirctor, Admissions. He was really professional and set the tone of the interview as more of a conversational one. These were the questions asked: 1. How did you find the USC program, indicators for selecting a B-School. 2. Tell me about yourself. 3. How do you approach a problem. 4. What inspires you. 5. What motivates you. 6. What is the definition of success as per you. 7. Why MBA and how USC can help achieve you those goals. 8. Short term plan and long term plan. 9. TMAT when you had a conflict in the team and how did you go on about solving that. 10. Difficult decision that you made and how. And some follow up questions as well around the answers. At the end, he asked if I have any questions for him. I did ask him 2-3 questions that I had and he explained them in a very polite manner. Went around for 30 minutes. Overall it was a good experience."

Jaspreet151 GMAT 760; WE: 28 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 10 2022 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Jan 10 2022 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Marshall Interview Exp Laura from Adcom What I felt was I could have done better....though i answered all questions to the best of my ability at the moment Questions asked are as below - 1)Walk Me through Resume 2)Follow u questions on the parts related to my journey 3)What was the project that was related to diversity and how i achieved wht i had said. 3)she asked me about my international exp in CV(she has the cv , not the entire app- i believe, pls do not quote me) 4) Why MBA and Why now 5)Follow up questions- st and lt goals 6)some more examples of my leadership and team leading exp 7)how would i describe myself 8)how would others describe me 9)What is my leadership style 10)Any questions for me ? Yes forgot to mention Why Marshall?? Overall a decent exp not the best though. She (laura) i believe has a set of questions and she is asking them to all ... Internet connection failure in between the interview, so make sure everything is good at your end(though the issue was from her side) All n all a decent avg exp..not bad not great either Cheers ...all the best Fingers crossed 🤞 jai shree ram🙏🙏 Regards Sk"

shaunak075 from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 18 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Dec 19 2021 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"How did you hear about Marshall? What would you want Marshall to know about your experiences? How will Marshall help you reach your goals? What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now? How will you measure whether you are reaching your goals? What is the most constructive feedback you have received? What do you do really well? Any questions for me?"

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 760;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 16 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Dec 13 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

""My interview was with Kellee Scott on 13th Dec. The interview duration was around 20 minutes. Questions: 1)Walk me through your resume. (Esp. after undergrad.) 2)Why MBA and why USC Marshall? 3)Why did you leave your previous job and why the current one? 4)2 leadership qualities that you currently possess. 5)Greatest professional accomplishment till date 6)What are your interests outside of work 7)Do you have any questions for me 8)Did you connect with any current students or alumni? It was pretty conversational and there were a few follow up questions too."

miss750 from India GMAT 730; WE: 88 months; Transportation

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 07 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Dec 08 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was with Rachel Woolslayer. The interview duration was around 23minutes. Questions: 1)Walk me through your resume 2)Why MBA? 3)Why USC Marshall? Did you talk to any current students? 4)2 leadership qualities that you currently possess 5)Greatest accomplishment 6)How do you handle conflict? 7)One misconception about you 8)What are your interests outside of work 9) Do you have any questions for me She mentioned we might hear a decision before the deadline as most of them will break for holidays."

jayaprakash2253 from India GMAT 750; WE: 77 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 07 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Dec 07 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"- Walk me through your resume - What is your biggest accomplishment - TMAT when you had to deal with a team conflict - 3 most important qualities of a leader according to me - Why MBA? - Why Marshall? - Long term goal - Do you have any questions? (I asked two which he answered elaborately) In the end, the interviewer said that the AdCom will be meeting next week and they'll try to tell me the decision ASAP."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 01 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Online Interviewed on: Nov 16 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewer - Kellee Scott, Director of MBA.PM Admissions Duration - 25-30 minutes Kellee had my resume in front of her. The interview was more conversational. Interview questions: -Tell me about yourself? -How did you get into your field? -What made you interested in your field? -What is your greatest accomplishment at work that you are proud of? -Short term and long term goals? -What 3 words would you use to describe your leadership style? -Tell me how you handled a difficult situation where you had to be direct to resolve the issue (based off my previous answer) -Why an MBA and why now? -Why Marshall? -Do you have any hobbies? (She had a few follow-up questions about my hobbies and how I get into them) -Do you have any questions for me? (I asked about 4) Ran into some audio issues for about a minute. The interview lasted between 25-30 minutes. She told me to expect a response before the end of the year. Got my acceptance call about 2 weeks later. Hopefully this is of some help to someone. Best of luck to everyone!"

DDKang from United States GMAT 710; WE: 108 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 30 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 30 2021

"I was interviewed by a Senior Associate Director of MBA Admissions. The interview was smooth and largely in line with the debriefs posted here. Questions I was asked- 1. Walk me through your resume (Asked some specific questions from these) 2. Long term and short term goals 3. Why MBA 4. Why Marshall 5. How will you contribute to the Marshall community 6. Share an achievement you're proud of 7. A conflict you faced in a team and how you resolved it 8. Any questions you have for me I felt this interview was not blind, as he mentioned he read through my essays, but probably it is because I've been interviewed even before the deadline."

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 710; WE: 74 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 29 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Sep 29 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"She only had my resume (blind interview) 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA? 3. Why now? 4. Post MBA goals 5. Leadership experience 6. Difficult situation 7. Anything else you want to tell 8. Anything you want to ask"

VikramJolly from India GMAT 760; WE: 45 months; Accounting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 17 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 16 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed by Nirav Mehta (Senior Associate Director, MBA Admissions). I t was very conversational and yet a bit Kira like. I could tell he had a set of questions that he wanted to go through. Very standard MAB questions nothing out of the blue. Started with a casual conversation. Then he wanted me to run down my resume. My suggestion would be to summarize your experience from education to professional experiences. I walked him through my undergrad and then my job and why I joined that company. what I do at that company what I've accomplished and such. • Then he asked me the following questions. • What's your biggest achievement? • 3 Qualities do you see in a leader? One of mine was adaptability. (I know quite the cliche, but hey so are their questions!) So the next question was kind of transitioned accordingly. • Give me an example of when you had to adapt. Based on this answer he asked me several other questions specific to me, so I won't go in detail. • Short-term / long-term goals? • Why MBA? Why Marshall? (definitely do your research into their program, classes, resources. Their youtube channel has some great videos about Why Marshall) • If I had any questions? I asked a couple. It lasted about 30 or so minutes. I had some internet problems (obviously). He also said that they will probably respond with a result earlier than 3/31 (result date on their website). Don't know if that's a good thing."

This user wants to stay Private from United States GMAT 740; WE: 38 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 27 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"It was very conversational and I was asked all of those questions. I was also asked "why an MBA right now" that was a follow up to why MBA. they also asked for examples of times of conflict and how I handled them. The final question was do you have any questions for me. I was reading about mba interview prep and an old adcoms person said its a huge red flag if no questions are asked, so just make sure you have a few questions prepared that cant be found on the website."

This user wants to stay Private from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 21 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 22 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"why mba / why marshall / why now / describe your leadership / what will you contribute / walk me through your resume"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 29 2021 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 04 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Interviewer - Elaine Padilla Duration - 25 mins Well though the interview was conversational, I got nervous during the initial few minutes and fumbled in some of my responses. Some more preparation was required for the discussion. A few of the talking points are as under: 1. Tell me about your professional experience 2. Three things your team members talk about you 3. One thing they don’t like about you 4. One important leadership lesson 5 Goals + Why MBA 6 Why Marshall 7 Something about my Entrepreneurial experience 8. What will I do with my venture after B-school 9. Most exciting thing in your current role 10. One Thing you don’t like in your current role 11. How you interacted with the Alums or students (I did not till that day) She somewhat told me about the decision at the end of the interview. Hope this helps....All the best!"

mayank1025 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 27 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 27 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I interviewed with Grace Kim from Ad Com, very composed and friendly. Started the interview with basic introduction and interview format. She mentioned that it was a blind interview and she has not read my application for a fresh perspective. She read my resume in front of me and started asking questions. 1. You worked with Reliance for about an year and then you co-founded your company. How was that experience like and how did you come to that decision? This continued with 2-3 questions specific to my company and the work it does. 2. Where did an MBA come into picture? 3. What are your short term and long term goals? 4. Why did you chose Marshall? 5. What is the most difficult challenge you faced at your work? 6. What is the most common misconception people have about you? (I have seen this question in a lot of debriefs, seems like a favorite) 7. Any questions ? The interview was 40 minutes."

Abhimanyu14 from India GMAT 730; WE: 85 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 07 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 20 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hey dudes, I wrote up my interview experience on clearadmit but figured I'd crosspost it to here. Hope it helps! As a preface, this is my first and only interview for Round 1 of the Fall 2021 intake. I did two MBA interviews last year and ultimately deferred to this cycle, so I do have some experience. With that said, the interview was friendly as Grace Kim, the director of admissions, is a great interviewer. It is noticeable that she is at least using a mental list of questions if not following a prompt, which makes the interview less conversational, but she did work in a good amount of personal questions as follow-ups to my answers. The interview lasted 39 minutes, so it did go over but I took that in stride since she asked a lot of questions about my resume. She started by saying it was a blind interview, that she had a copy of my resume, and asked me to give her a quick rundown of my professional experience. This progressed into the following questions: 1. She asked about my leadership among each role I have performed. 2. She asked about why I want an MBA. 3. Because I said consulting, she asked why consulting and if I knew what type I wanted to do. 4. She asked for my long-term goals specifically 10-15 years down the road. 5. She went back to my experience and asked about a time I faced a challenge as a leader. 6. Based on 5, she asked what I did and how I changed my leadership to avoid that challenge in the future. 7. Based on 5, she asked how my team would speak to my improvement. 8. I attended language school for the military, so she asked why I chose my language. 9. She asked why Marshall. 10. I forget the way she worded it, but her final question essentially was to describe a way that people see myself that is inaccurate. She gave me the opportunity to ask questions even though we were beyond the time limit. All in all, good interview. Sent my thank you email today and she mentioned that Round 1 decisions are somewhat rolling, so results should be out at the earliest in mid-Nov but more than likely in Dec. Hope this helps!"

gandis from United States GMAT 740;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 25 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Jun 25 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"As others have written, the interview is straight-forward and casual. My interviewer started with some small talk, which put me at ease. She seemed very kind. She asked the same questions others have written: Why MBA? Why USC? Resume walk-through What do you like to do in your free time? What are you most proud of? Is there anything else you want me to know about you? What questions do you have for me?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  May 20 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Skype Interviewed on: May 18 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Why MBA Why Marshall What can you contribute What are your strengths 3 qualities in effective leader Fall back if post MBA doesnt work out Any questions"

nooroongjigurl from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 27 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, MBA.PM
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 25 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had a Skype call with Kellee from the admissions team -- she couldn't have been more helpful! You'll find many of the questions she asked below so I won't go into any further detail, but as long as you are clear why you are looking to get your MBA and are comfortable talking about your experience, you will be perfectly fine."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 25 2020 [#permalink] Marshall, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 24 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had a Skype interview with Grace Kim on 24th Feb'20 and it lasted about 30 mins. Most of the questions that she asked me were either based on my resume or my previous answers. The questions that I was asked were on the lines of: 1. Why did you recently switch job/role? How has the experience at the new firm been? 2. Why do you want to do an MBA? Why right now, considering you just switched jobs? 3. What are your goals? Do you have any companies in mind where you would like to work? 4. What do you hope to gain from an MBA? What are some of the things that you would like to work on while here? 5. Why do you want to be at Marshall? What do you expect from the community here and how do you see yourself fit here? 6. Tell me about a time when you were really challenged. What did you do? What did you learn from it? 7. Tell me about an experience working in a team. What makes it so memorable? 8. How do you work on conflicts in the team? 9. What are your teammates most likely to say about you and your management style? 10. Tell me about one of your most memorable professional experiences. 11. Tell me about a misconception that people have about you. 12. What do you do for fun? 13. Have you had the opportunity to connect to anyone at Marshall? 14. Do you have any questions for me? I hope this helps! I know it might seem like a lot of questions, but the interview was so conversational, and my interviewer was so welcoming and attentive, that I thoroughly enjoyed talking to her and didn't even realize how fast time flew. Good luck with the interviews guys! :)""

khushali1908 from India GMAT 740; WE: 47 months; Investment Banking

yes
no