Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
This topic is locked. If you want to discuss this question please re-post it in the respective forum.
So the following 5 math questions I am having difficulty figuring out how to get to the answers given...any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
1) Fox jeans regularly sell for $15 a pari and Pony Jeans regularly sell for $18 a pair. During a sale these regular unit prices are discounted at different rates so that a total of $9 is saved by purchasing 5 pairs of jeans: 3 pairs of Fox Jeans and 2 pairs of Pony Jeans. If the sum of the two discount rates is 22 percent, what is the discount rate on Pony Jeans?
2) If [x] is the greatest integer less than or equal to x, what is the value of [-1.6]+[3.4]+[2.7]?
--> Since this adds to 4.5 and it says the greatest integer less than or equal to x, I would have thought the answer was 4 (this was one of the choices, but not the right answer so not sure what I'm missing here).
3) Two triangles are shown with the same measurements for each angle: if the base of the smaller triangle is denoted s and the base of the larger triangle is denoted S, what is s in terms of S if the larger triangle has an area 2 times that of the smaller triangle?
Answer: S=s*the square root of 2
4) What is the greatest prime factor of 4^17-2^28
5) square root of ((9+square root of 80)+square root of(9-square root of 8))^2