Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
Re: MBA at 35 [#permalink]
Hi Everyone!

Thanks much for your thoughts! I've been researching options and having received multiple opinions, I wanted your thoughts on the following:

- So I'm 34 years old with 12 years of work experience in luxury events, event marketing and some but limited experience in brand marketing
- I wanted to pursue a degree to expand my skill set, better future job prospects and move from events to a marketing/brand management role

The people I've spoken to ( experts in the MBA world) all recommended I go for a one year full time mba. Now here are my questions:

1. A one year full timeMBA is not an option given responsibilities and the fact that I will not be able to work for a full year and a huge student loan just doesn't make sense.

2. Does a master's degree make sense ? Especially when they cost almost the same as an exec programme, from the good schools? I don't think it does as an EMBA will still be a more rounded and overall management and function concentrated programme.

3. I've been contemplating an Executive MBA - on the lines of the the 1) PGP Pro by ISB 2) the UCLA PGPX programme between LA and India , and still exploring more that have an India/International exposure and will yet let me work on the side and manage that student loan better. Are there any other options I can explore under this vertical?

Really appreciate all the help!

Thanks Much,
Neha
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Look into NYU’s Luxury and Fashion MBA. It’s a 1 year program that specializes in your area and NYU is older applicant friendly.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
MBA at 35 [#permalink]
Nearly everyone assumes that a student has the financial backing to pursue an executive MBA. However, contrary to most people, I don't think the course will make much sense for you if you have to go into a mountain of debt or aren't able to meet your financial obligations for it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
It’s unclear to me why you want an MBA. The problem older folks have (speaking as one myself) is it is often unclear why we need an MBA now. Be clear about that an you’re in the game if your stats measure up.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot