Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MBA recognition in other countries [#permalink]
Thanks for the reply!

I have done research for a while in G.E. and i have worked at CERN and a Greek company. What i want to try is after the MBA to go to work in an EU country for three or four years and then try to apply to a US company. I know that USA has a very different philosophy than any other country. I have relatives there, my mother is American and i myself have visited NY three or four times so i can say with certainty that it gives you the opportunities that nobody else does. This is why i applied to a US BS also. My main concern is that i do not know how respected is Hult among companies there. This is why i asked for a comparison between Hult and the Greek schools.

My main hesitation comes from the difference in the total amount which is about $75000 (to be frank with this difference i can built a house with a big yard here).

However if a Hult MBA gives me a good chance of finding a good job with the prospect of earning the money back in 3-4 years then i would go for it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Schools:St. Gallen '09
 Q47  V40
Send PM
If I were in your shoes, I would go for the top name-brand schools (H / S / W / Insead / LBS / IMD ) to give you the flexibility to work almost anywhere in the world.

Or, go for the top b-schools in a particular country (St. Gallen / Mannheim / IE / Bocconi / Rotterdam / HEC / Copenhagen / SSE / ...) if you have a preference to work in that country post-graduation.

You should apply even if you think it's too expensive or cannot afford it. Maybe you get a scholarship offer or can apply for financial aid. Furthermore, going through the iterations of writing applications and being interviewed will give you the practice and confidence required to be successful in getting the offer of admission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have applied to few and i have already been through the interview process in three Schools. I had also begun an application to Rotterdam and to St. Gallen Unis but i did not finish the application as the required amount (tuition plus living expenses and rent) is so high that i cannot afford it. I only have 30000 eu but i lack another 25000 which i cannot get through loans.

Hult is the only option (as far as foreign schools are concerned) because i have relatives in the US that could contribute (through meals and reduced rent).

But i really appreciate the information since this is what i was looking for. At least i can now make a more solid decision.
GMAT Club Bot