Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [3]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [1]
Send PM
Re: MBA Recruiting for International Students: Live Chat wth Int'l Student [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
I am stoked to do this chat. I had some downs and ups with recruitment and happy to share!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: MBA Recruiting for International Students: Live Chat wth Int'l Student [#permalink]
Narenn, Souvik,

Thank you for this initiative, it is indeed priceless for those pursuing post-MBA work in the U.S.

For me, key questions would be as follows:

1. (more general/strategic one) What are the current trends of post-MBA employment for international students (also, for non-Indian, in particular) in light of Trump's tightening visa policies? Hence, how the odds of landing a visa-sponsored job are being changed during the last few years?

2. (more specific one) How to look/where to find employers who DO sponsor visas from NOT usual areas (e.g. IB, VC, PE, Consulting, etc.) or even who are NOT as large as usual corporations are, but smaller ones (e.g. emerging startups, mid-size industry/service firms)? Are they recruiting on campus or should the student look outside? What are the odds of securing a visa-sponsored job from them?

Thank you in advance. Excited to join the upcoming Chat.

Best,
D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 268
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
MBA Recruiting for International Students: Live Chat wth Int'l Student [#permalink]
Hi Narenn ,souvik101990 thanks for your time

Below is my question

What are the job opportunities for non-us or non-Europe candidate with 9 + years of experience in software engineer and completed an executive MBA or Regular MBA .

Can someone let me know what are the additional skillset i should have to get hired in reputed MNC's for the above mentioned experienced.

I know networking can help us getting a job. please let me know other possibilities to find a job opportunity for the above mentioned experience.

Which MBA is preferred for 9 + Exp , i want to do Regular MBA.

Please advise regarding above details so that i will be prepared

Thanks
Henry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
MBA Recruiting for International Students: Live Chat wth Int'l Student [#permalink]
Hi,

Thank you for taking out the time to address our queries.
A few Qs that I've in my mind:

1) What is the student profile that is most readily accepted into IB/Hedge Funds/PE?
2) My most recent work-ex is from the NGO sector. I want to make a career-change into IB/Hedge Funds/PE. What are the possible ways in which I could enhance my odds of getting employed (after MBA) in my desired role?
3) This might be a bit off track - what seem to be the target schools for getting into IB/Hedge Funds/PE?

Looking forward to the chat,
Sudarshan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Souvik! Could you please shed some light on these topics:
a) Challenges faced by an Indian student while applying for internships and full time offer
b) How heavily is the deck stacked against an Indian male engineer during application
c) Key (read unique) takeaways from your Ross experience thus far

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Souvik,

Thanks for taking out time, great to see such initiative from alums. I have the following queries around the applications and other aspects of the course :

1. I got done with my GMAT on the 20th of Sept, hence would be missing out on Round 1. Would there be any impact on my candidature if I apply in Round 2.

2. This is rather subjective, but what are the scholarship trends for Indian Applicants at Ross. Any inputs on the same for other colleges such as Tuck, Yale etc.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

1) I am confused with the GPA conversion system of Indian percentages to U.S GPA (4.0 Scale). what is Indian Bachelor's 59.5% to U.S GPA(4.0 Scale).

2) How likely a profile like this will fetch me an MBA from top Business Schools in U.S & is my GMAT score good enough for me to secure a seat?

Xth - 82 %

XII th - 81.3 %

B.Tech - Dropout (2009-2013) RVR & JC College

(U.G) B.A - 59.5% (2013-2016) BR Ambedkar Open University (in Top 10 out of 120 students)

M.B.A - Dropout (2017-2017) JBIT

Graduated from ISB-C.B.A - (2.6/4 GPA) (2017-2018) Indian School of Business.

Trained In Advance Business Analytics from IIT Hyderabad

GMAT: 640 (Q47 V32)

Experience: 3.5+ (from 2016)
Founder: OffersWave ( started in UG - 2014) (Sold out to Surya Sol - 2014)
Coupon Aggregator
Founder: LocalWalt (Failure -2015)
Local e-commerce
Founder:FIXU (Raised Funds From : FACEBOOK, KHUSAKI, KP INVESTMENTS) (2016-2018) Merged With ZOBIT.
Handyman Aggregator
Co-Founder: Block-Z-Labs (2018- Present)
Blockchain
Co-Founder: EVISONV2- Technology NGO (2018-Present)
Smart Glasses for the BLIND

Awards:
Karmaveer Chakra - 2019
Global Young leaders Fellow instituted by ICONGOs & United Nations - 2019
Nominated in top 3 ALL INDIA for Rising Star Awards in AI/ML category 2019 by Nasscom
All India Top 100 Startups by The August Fest - 2016
Table Tennis 2nd price in College Championship - 2012
Carrom board 1st price in class-X

Extracurricular
Mentor entrepreneurs : given Guest lectures in 25+ Institutes & 1500+ Students ( VNR, ICFAI,CGCHS, etc)
Started a Technology NGO for the blind and helping 500+ people from Devnar School
Conducted 3 blood donation camps in my village
President of the college's annual cultural festival
Cryptocurrency Investor/trader.
Building a Tech Innovators Community.

Post-MBA goals
Career acceleration in the current Startup.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello Souvik,

So glad I could ask these basic questions. I have a couple of them actually,

1. How likely is it to get a scholarship here? Does the scholarship process start individually with the application process for each University? If not, how does one get a scholarship?

2. I plan to scope myself in the NGO sector in fields like Branding & Communications, Strategy and Fundraising. How good a fit do you think Ross is for such an ambition?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are LIVE with Souvik in the chat room. If you are around, join the chat room to chat with souvik on MBA recruitments... https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
vk911911 wrote:
Hi,

1) I am confused with the GPA conversion system of Indian percentages to U.S GPA (4.0 Scale). what is Indian Bachelor's 59.5% to U.S GPA(4.0 Scale).

2) How likely a profile like this will fetch me an MBA from top Business Schools in U.S & is my GMAT score good enough for me to secure a seat?

Xth - 82 %

XII th - 81.3 %

B.Tech - Dropout (2009-2013) RVR & JC College

(U.G) B.A - 59.5% (2013-2016) BR Ambedkar Open University (in Top 10 out of 120 students)

M.B.A - Dropout (2017-2017) JBIT

Graduated from ISB-C.B.A - (2.6/4 GPA) (2017-2018) Indian School of Business.

Trained In Advance Business Analytics from IIT Hyderabad

GMAT: 640 (Q47 V32)

Experience: 3.5+ (from 2016)
Founder: OffersWave ( started in UG - 2014) (Sold out to Surya Sol - 2014)
Coupon Aggregator
Founder: LocalWalt (Failure -2015)
Local e-commerce
Founder:FIXU (Raised Funds From : FACEBOOK, KHUSAKI, KP INVESTMENTS) (2016-2018) Merged With ZOBIT.
Handyman Aggregator
Co-Founder: Block-Z-Labs (2018- Present)
Blockchain
Co-Founder: EVISONV2- Technology NGO (2018-Present)
Smart Glasses for the BLIND

Awards:
Karmaveer Chakra - 2019
Global Young leaders Fellow instituted by ICONGOs & United Nations - 2019
Nominated in top 3 ALL INDIA for Rising Star Awards in AI/ML category 2019 by Nasscom
All India Top 100 Startups by The August Fest - 2016
Table Tennis 2nd price in College Championship - 2012
Carrom board 1st price in class-X

Extracurricular
Mentor entrepreneurs : given Guest lectures in 25+ Institutes & 1500+ Students ( VNR, ICFAI,CGCHS, etc)
Started a Technology NGO for the blind and helping 500+ people from Devnar School
Conducted 3 blood donation camps in my village
President of the college's annual cultural festival
Cryptocurrency Investor/trader.
Building a Tech Innovators Community.

Post-MBA goals
Career acceleration in the current Startup.

It seems you did not read the thread before posting your whole profile here. PLEASE read the post. This chat is for international recruiting and not profile reviews. There are many places on the forums to get those and I would encourage you to search for them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It's a pity -- I got messed with time zones and hence missed the chat... Last hope is that it was recorded? Or any chance to, at least briefly, answer my two questions?

Quote:
1. (more general/strategic one) What are the current trends of post-MBA employment for international students (also, for non-Indian, in particular) in light of Trump's tightening visa policies? Hence, how the odds of landing a visa-sponsored job are being changed during the last few years?

2. (more specific one) How to look/where to find employers who DO sponsor visas from NOT usual areas (e.g. IB, VC, PE, Consulting, etc.) or even who are NOT as large as usual corporations are, but smaller ones (e.g. emerging startups, mid-size industry/service firms)? Are they recruiting on campus or should the student look outside? What are the odds of securing a visa-sponsored job from them?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
DealMakerOne wrote:
It's a pity -- I got messed with time zones and hence missed the chat... Last hope is that it was recorded? Or any chance to, at least briefly, answer my two questions?

Don't worry. I will post the transcript of this chat here in the next 12 hours.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
DealMakerOne wrote:

Don't worry. I will post the transcript of this chat here in the next 12 hours.

Fantastic. Thanks so much. Looking forward.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 4
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Hi Souvik,

Hi difficult is it for Indian students with analytics experience to move to consulting ( preferably MBB) post MBA?

Also, How are the opportunities in analytic consulting roles post mba?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot