GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 26 May 2022, 08:42

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 01 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 28 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

""Hi guys, Had my interview with an adcom member. It was one of the best interview experiences to date. Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Goals and Why MBA 3. Difficult experience and how you overcame it? 4. Biggest Accomplishment? 5. What would be the deciding factors for you in choosing schools 6. Questions for the member The adcom member gave me insights into the structure of the MBA and how McDonough was a great fit."

This user wants to stay Private
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 18 2022

"Just finished up an interview with a senior member of AdCom, and it was conversational and lasted exactly 30 minutes. 1. Tell me about yourself and what lead you to Georgetown. 2. Goals. 3. How would you contribute towards DEI initiatives at Georgetown. 4. TMA working in a team and what makes a good team. 5. How would your colleagues describe you? 6. Constructive feedback you received. 7. Anything you want to tell me. 8. What factors into choosing to attend McDonough after an offer is made. 9. Any questions. I got a bunch of curveball follow-up questions regarding my answers, but it was manageable!"

shortgiraffe123 from Korea, Republic of

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 16 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 16 2022

"Hi guys, Had my interview with a senior adcom member. It was smooth and conversational throughout. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself and why MBA now 2. Why Georgetown 3. How would you describe your leadership style 4. What would be the deciding factors for you in choosing schools 5. How would your boss describe you in 3 words 6. How would your boss describe your 2 weaknesses 7. Questions for me (on this question, the conversation went on for a while on this) 8. Have you been to the US Thanks."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 72 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 15 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interviewer was an AdCom member, and laid out the format and major topics that would be covered in the interview. Most of the questions were standard and had been the same ones mentioned in the other debriefs. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA? Why Now? Why Georgetown? 3. How would you select the school you want to attend (from the possible multiple admits that you receive next month)? 4. TMAT when you were challenged by a team member/senior/client? 5. TMAT when you had to confront diversity? 6. TMAT when you had to take step back for the team? 7. ST and LT goals? 8. Plan B? 9.Any questions for me? All the best to everyone!"

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 79 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 11 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Feb 11 2022 Final Decision: Admitted

"Duration- 30 min Interview with Adcom Questions asked 1)tell me about yourself 2)why Georgetown 3)why mba and why now 4)st and lt 5)what kind of role you play in team 6)what will your teammates say about you 7)any questions for me Precisely 30min Straightforward interview Standard questions......."

shaunak075 from India GMAT 770; WE: 50 months; Energy and Utilities

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 13 2022 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Feb 11 2022 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I interviewed with an AdCom team member. There was another trainee who had joined to learn from the experience. But he had switched off his audio/video to ensure that there is no disturbance from his side. Total Interview Time: 32 mins The interview started with the interviewer setting basic expectations regarding the flow of the interview process. These were: 1. 30 mins for the interview 2. 20-25 mins for questions from their side, remaining time for me to ask questions 3. Notes would be taken simultaneously. Hence, there is a possibility that the interviewer might not be looking at the screen continuously (but would be attentive for sure). Mostly straight-forward questions were asked such as: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. ST and LT goals 3. Why McDonough? 4. Which other schools are you considering? 5. If you get selected at all the schools that you have applied to, how would you decide which school to pursue your MBA in? 6. If your current Manager is asked to share 2 of your strengths and areas of growth each, what would he/she have to say? 7. Tell me about a time you had to take a step back for the benefit of the team. What was the result/outcome? 8. Do you have any questions for me? The interview was smooth sailing and the interviewer was friendly. This made me feel calm throughout the interview. All the best!"

rossy369 from India GMAT 740; WE: 78 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 22 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 22 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was with a current student and lasted 30 min + 15 more for answering my questions. Super friendly and conversational. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. ST and LT goals 3. Why MBA, why now 4. Why Georgetown 5. TMAT when you failed, what were your learnings. 6. TMAT when you had to take a step back, what were the outcomes, what was the impact. 7. TMAT when you faced a problem working with a diverse team or team member. 8. TMAT when you had to meet a deadline 9. If you are admitted, what factors will you consider to select Georgetown, follow up question on my answer. 10. Any questions for me"

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 88 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 21 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 18 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed with an adcom member. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Short-term and long-term goals. 3. A time when you had to deal with a challenging client/ team member. 4. A time when diversity in your group changed your perspective. 5. A time when you received constructive feedback and how you worked on the same. 6. A time you had to provide a challenging feedback to someone you mentored/ your team member/ direct report. 7. A time when you had to step back for the betterment of the team. 8. Why Georgetown. 9. Any questions for the interviewer."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 19 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 15 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Interviewed with a current student. He was very friendly and kept the interview conversational. 1. Intro (then asked about the Covid situation in India as a followup) 2. Why MBA, why now, why Georgetown 3. Short term and long term goals 4. If I were the CEO of my organization, one change that I would like to bring 5. If I were to give myself constructive feedback from my Manager's point of view, what would it be? 6. 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses 7. One failure and how did I overcome 8. I was admitted to other schools as well, what factors I would consider before enrolling? 9. Any questions for him"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 02 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 02 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What are your short and long-term goals? 3. Why MBA? 4. Why McDonough? 5. How does consulting (my current role) compare with Investment banking (post-MBA goal)? 6. What do you like about McDonough or Washington? 7. What do you dislike about your current job? 8. How would you contribute on campus? 9. What other school(s) did you apply to? 10. Do you understand how recruiting works here? 11. Any question for me. Good luck to everyone in your interviews."

This user wants to stay Private from Nigeria WE: 57 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 02 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Online Interviewed on: Nov 01 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview was with a second year student. It was very conversational and the questions asked were - 1. Background 2. ST LT goals, Why MBA, Why GT 3. Deciding factor you would consider if you are offered admission to GT 4. Take me through your process in presenting a final deliverable 5. Failure question Situational questions - working in a diverse team, challenging status quo, stepping back from the team Good luck everyone for your interview!"

This user wants to stay Private from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 02 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 27 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with an alum of the Evening MBA program and for the most part it was really conversational and friendly. Questions I was asked: 1) Tell me about yourself, your background and why you want to pursue an MBA now. 2) With those goals in mind, why do you think Georgetown would be the right fit? What other programs are you looking at? 3) Tell me about a time in your work experience when you made a decision and what feedback you received as well as the effect of the decision? How did you handle it? Questions I asked my interviewer: 1) What are the diversity and equity efforts like at McDonough? As a woman in business how has her experiences been affected by her gender? 2) How open and accepting is the McDonough administration at taking student feedback and incorporating it into activities and the curriculum? 3) What were her favorite classes and activities at McDonough?"

This user wants to stay Private from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 28 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 26 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Firstly, thank you to everyone who posted their debriefs. It was really helpful in my prep. My interview was with a 2nd year student. Went on for 35 mins. It was totally conversational rather than just Q&A, hence felt very relaxed even though I was nervous for the 1st couple mins. 25mins: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA, why now and what are your career goals 3. Why Georgetown 4. Tell me about a time when you took initiative at work 5. What is your proudest achievement at work 6. Tell me about a time when you had disagreement with your manager & how did you resolve it 7. Which clubs will you be a part of at Georgetown 8. Follow up questions on my hobby which I had mentioned in 1st question 9. One thing that you took for granted in the pre covid era 10mins: My questions to interviewer 1. What was the highlight of your MBA program since you experienced the program in person as well as virtually 2. How helpful was Georgetown in your career transition from army to investment banking 3. How strong is the alumni network of Georgetown (especially for international students) Best of luck to all for their decisions!"

This user wants to stay Private from India Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 24 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 24 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview was with a 2nd year student. He was very nice and the interview was conversational - lasted exactly 25 minutes. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process. Questions: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a work experience where you learned something new about yourself 3. Tell me about a time where you didn't agree with something your supervisor said, and how did you address it? 4. Why MBA? 5. ST/LT Goals 6. Why McDonough? 7. What clubs do you want to join? 8. If accepted, are there any challenges to saying yes to Georgetown? 9. Questions for interviewer"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 22 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 22 2021 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interview was with a first year student. Overall it was conversation like. Questions were: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Tell me about a time you worked in teams? 3. Tell me about a time you led change in an organization? 4. Why McDonough? 5. What is your greatest weakness? 6. Short term and long term goals 7. What are your core values? 8. What schools am I applying to? 9. If accepted, are there any challenges to saying yes to Georgetown? 10. Questions for interviewer Interview was about 25 minutes and went by very quick."

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 19 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 19 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"The Interview was with a first-year student. It was a conversation-like-interview where the interviewer picked up things from my resume asked questions The following questions were not asked precisely in this order. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Have you worked in a diverse team? What were the challenges? 3. How do you keep yourself motivated on the job? 4. Tell me about a time wherein you managed a challenging situation 5. Tell me about a time wherein there was a sudden change in the project 6. Why Mcdonough? 7. Have you interacted with any student at Mcdonough to know about the community? 8. Any question for the interviewer. This was my first interview with a current student. It went on for 40 mins. I'm kind of nervous but positive. Good luck to you all."

Pulkit2611 from India GMAT 710; WE: 69 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 17 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 17 2021

"The interview was with a first year student. And it was breezy. Very fun, very conversational. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why McDonough? 3. Long Term/ Short Term. 4. Difficult project/ time in a project. How did you combat it? 5. How will you contribute to the program? 6. How do you better your working style when some feedback is given? Any questions for him?"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 23 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 23 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hello! Just completed my interview with a current student of the flex mba program that is also part of the admissions team. 1-Why MBA and Why Georgetown 2- Leadership example 3- Recent transition of my career (I just pivoted from airline industry to tech) 4- How I strategize a project of my resume 5- MBA programs I applied 6- Questions that I would have Overall I felt that I was nervous and in some occasions felt that I should have paused more while talking. On the other hand, I felt that I addressed all questions with a reasonable time and felt that I made my case of why I want to be part of the Hoya community! She said that the interview should take 20 mins + time for questions, and that was what happened. I am a re-applicant! I hope this year I can make it! Best of luck for everyone!"

ZNLove WE: 68 months; Other

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 29 2021 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 09 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewer - Shelly Heinrich (Associate Dean) Duration - approx 30 mins It was a great conversation with the below-talking points: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Why MBA 3. Why Georgetown 4. Greatest accomplishment 5. 3 words to describe your qualities in the current role 6. Situation - Experience in a diverse environment 7. 2 Feedbacks from my manager I should improve on 8. What other schools you have applied for 9. What core values you wish to attain post MBA 10. Specific question on my startup plans during MBA 11. Any questions for the interviewer? Hope this helps....All the best!"

mayank1025 from India GMAT 730;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 17 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 03 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Hi, my interview was done, questions on the lines of older debriefs, nothing specific to your work, just career goals, why georgetown, few behavioral and which other colleges you applied to. Just prepare why georgetown well, that is the main thing they are most interested to know"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 760;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 12 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 27 2020 Final Decision: Matriculating

"My interview was with Ms. Porter of Adcom. She said it was her first interview of the season and only had my resume. The interview lasted less than 30 minutes and it was a very comfortable experience. Some of the prominent questions were: Why MBA? Why Georgetown? Where else did you apply? A time when you had to convince others How would your team describe you I would say the things they are most interested to know is your thought process in selecting schools that you applied to and how keen you are on Georgetown. So it would help immensely if you research unique aspects about the GT MSB program."

fall2021 from India GMAT 750; WE: 105 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  May 27 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: May 11 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview with a current second year student. They were absolutely lovely on the call and made it feel extremely natural and conversational - easily the best interview format I ever had (either as a student or a professional). It started off with some light small talk and chatting to establish a rapport/baseline, then the interview formally started with the following questions: 1) Tell me about yourself (personal and professional). - I personally limited my response to 2.5 mins. 2) Why MBA? 3) Why Georgetown? 4) Tell me about a time you worked with someone diverse from you or in an environment diverse to you. 5) What do you want to get involved in at Georgetown? 6) Is there anything preventing you from attending Georgetown? If yes, what? 7) Longterm and short term goals. 8) What other schools did you apply to and how's it going? 9) When did you challenge the status quo? (Stick to the S.T.A.R. approach for answering this type of question) There's a couple more that I unfortunately do not recall, but just know that I relied almost entirely off these interview debriefs with HEAVY deep dives into Georgetown's own blogs, webinars, ClearAdmit profiles, P&Q profiles, etc. and I felt way over prepared (which is a great feeling to have). My questions I asked: 1) How will the current pandemic affect the heavy international nature of GTown and its program? 2) Based on your personal experience, what's the best way to reach out to the current GTown community? 3) What are the best orgs to get involved in immediately as a 1st Year? Best of luck future interviewers! I wish you all many, many, many, MANY well wishes and just know that people came before you who did the interviews and got in, and people will come after you who'll do the the interviews and get it, so there's nothing stopping you from getting in, too! Shelly Heinrich estimated on a webinar that ~80% of interviewees are admitted!"

This user wants to stay Private from United States

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 20 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, McDonough Evening MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 20 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hey all, I had my interview today and following were the questions: 1) Why MBA now ? 2) Why Georgetown? 3) Tell about your weakness. 4) Give an example of a conflict you had with a colleague and how you resolved it. 5) Give some examples of teamwork. 6) Long term and short term goals 7) If I have any questions (this took 5-10 minutes) Hope this helps the other prospective students!"

This user wants to stay Private GMAT 680; WE: 84 months; Telecommunications

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 09 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 09 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I just did my interview with a current student through Zoom. Friendly conversational mood. -Why MBA and Georgetown -Leadership example when you were selected and one when you took the initiative -One example you challenged the status quo -Constructive feedback you had -What factors you consider to make a decision to enroll -Impactful work experience Maybe I missed one question, but training through the debriefs (like I did) one should be fine! Good luck to all! Practice hard before that the reward comes! I hope I get accepted. Regards,"

VictorGuima GMAT 650; WE: 63 months; Transportation

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 03 2020 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 02 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Thank you to everyone who posted their debriefs before me, their information was spot on and so I felt I was well prepared for the interview. My interviewer was a member of the AdCom and it was conducted over Zoom. Overall, it was very standard in terms of the questions asked, and it was done in a very conversational way where I felt we each spoke an almost equal amount. Questions: 1. Tell me about yourself/your career? 2. Why an MBA and why now? 3. Why Georgetown? 4. What other schools did you apply to? 5. What was the most impactful work experience on you? 6. Short term and long term goals? 7. How would your supervisor describe you? 8. What advice/feedback did a boss give you that was important? 9. An unexpected, curveball question that was very specific to my career/interests There was one or two more questions that have escaped my mind now. Ended off with time to ask my own questions. Good luck to anyone reading this and preparing for their own interview!"

yes
no