SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Mar 08 2019 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Mar 07 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"My interview was on campus. The interview was blind so she had only see my resume. The interview was relatively short lasting roughly 25 minutes. 1. Tell me about your experience since undergrad. 2. tell me about your short term and long term goals. 3. Why georgetown? 4. What sort of networking have you done? 5. How do you resolve conflict within a team 6. Greatest strength 7. Two greatest weaknesses 8. How have you interacted with a different culture?"

MWithrock from United States GMAT 660; WE: 120 months; Aerospace and Defense
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 27 2019 [#permalink] McDonough, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 11 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I realized the debriefs for McDonough weren't as up-to-date, so I decided to help the cause. I interviewed in February with a current student on campus in the Hariri Building. Overall, I loved my interview experience. It's blind, so the interviewer only had my resume, and the questions were pretty general: walk me through the resume, why do you want the MBA, what are you looking to do, etc. In no way did it feel like there was a sense to prove my goals were valid or worthy of the school. A lot of our discussion branched off my explanation of my resume. We talked in detail about my international experience, my first leadership roles, and conflicts at work. If I had to offer a piece of advice, it'd be to know why you made the decisions you made. I lived abroad for 7 years and then moved home 2 years ago, and we discussed why I made those decisions and how they now factor into my wanting to get the MBA. I walked out of it feeling great and confident that, if I do attend the MSB, I'll be happy and gain a lot. One of the questions I asked the interviewer was what he thought was the most undervalued aspect of the program (that wasn't easily gleaned from online literature), and he said it was the academic rigor of the program. I love that answer. Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 19 2018 [#permalink] McDonough
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 19 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Just finished my interview with Adcom (via Zoom application). It lasted about 30 minutes. She said that it was a blind interview with only resume as the source of information. For technical advise, suggest you download the Zoom application prior to the interview, look your email 5-15 minutes before the interview (in case the Adcom ask you to send him/her your resume, just like my case), and prepare your passport or citizen ID to be shown to the Adcom. The questions asked during the interview include: 1) Tell me about yourself, career progression up until now (please limit in 2 minutes) 2) Tell me about your side business 3) Short term and long term goal 4) Why MBA & Why now 5) Why Georgetown 6) What would be the main challenge in your role post MBA 7) What is your greatest accomplishment 8) Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your peers / supervisor and how did you resolve it 9) What would your peers / supervisor say about your strength 10) What would they say about your area of improvement 11) Do you have any questions for me Best of luck for us!"

RR13 from Indonesia GMAT 620; WE: 80 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 04 2018 [#permalink] McDonough
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 31 2018 Final Decision: Invited to Interview

"Thanks! I had the interview a couple of days ago on 10/31 I think the interview went very well. My interview was with a current first-year MBA student. She had a paper that she was asking questions from and writing notes on. I walked her through my resume, explained some of my experience. She asked me a series of questions and the responses yielded conversation. In the end, I got to ask her a few questions. If I don't get in, I don't think it's because of my interview lol."

kkreme15 from United States GMAT 680;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 06 2018 [#permalink] McDonough
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 06 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"I applied on the last day of the R2 deadline (5th Jan) and received an interview invite by the end of Feb. Porter Blackford Interviewed me. She really tried her best to make me feel comfortable and make the experience conversational. All the future applicants. Rest assured that you will feel extremely at ease during the interview and so there is absolutely NO reason to stress. It started with Tell me something about yourself What brings you to do MBA What are your short term goals? Any dream companies (after I mentioned where I wanted to recruit in short term) Why do you think are great attributes of a good leader ?(since I have a leadership experience she picked it up from one of my stories) How would my supervisor/manager describe me in 2 or 3 words? Tell me about a time when you had a hard time managing your team members for e.g. you worked on a project but didn't get success and had to manage them What activities have you done besides business development in your family business? My questions? The interview lasted for 29 minutes including my questions."

KM2018AA GMAT 710; WE: 108 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] McDonough
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 04 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Had my interview recently. Following question were asked: (a) Tell me what you do at work ? (b) Why MBA ? (c) Short term and long term career plans ? (d) What are the positive and negative feedback received at workplace ? (e) Who are you outside your work ? (f) How can you contribute to different clubs in the college ? (g) What are other colleges applied to ? If selected in all them, then what will be your choice ? My advice to future aspirants: (a) Questions are pretty normal and usual. So go prepared ! (b) If it is a skype interview, then look straight into the camera instead of looking into your screen. Eye contact shows confidence. (c) Search and gather information about college (d) In the last, don't try to complicate the things. Go simple and prepared. All the best !"

karant from India GMAT 680; Computer Software

yes
no