GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Sep 2019, 07:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 23:43

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Desautels (McGill) MBA applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.9
Re: McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 04:30
Hello Folks,

I am sharing my profile details here and would love to get your feedback. I am planning to apply to McGill for the 2019 Batch.

Background & Nationality

I am 25 years Indian Male with 3+ years of experience. I have a background in Technology and Entrepreneurship.

Undergrad Information

BE - Computer Science, Thapar University (CGPA 6.47/10) graduated in 2015

GMAT

Overall 720 (Q 50 V 38)

Work Experience & Leadership

I've been working on my own venture for the past 1.5 years as a Frontend Engineer and a Product Lead. I've led the launch of 2 digital products (CVNova, Preadr.com) and our startup made it to the 2nd round at Economic Times - Power of Ideas '18. Previously, I've worked with TCS where I was a part of the end-point security team for an American Client. I was responsible for managing over 4000 systems in the Asia-Pacific region. I've also worked with a startup in the Health Care Sector as an operations associate where I helped set up the Supply Chain for Medicine Delivery and led customer acquisition campaigns for their medicine reminder service.

Community & Others

I volunteered for a Village Audit Program at a village in Madhya Pradesh where we collected data related to income and expenses of the villagers in order to establish the effectiveness of various government subsidies. I've previously co-founded a Travel company and have organised Waste Cleaning Treks in Himachal Pradesh.

Post MBA Goals

I am primarily interested in pursuing a career in Product Mangement at a startup or a technology company. However, I am open to exploring other career opportunities as well.

Anything else

I wish to attend an MBA program because I want to fill knowledge gaps and improve my business acumen. I am especially interested in courses related to entrepreneurship along with a general management curriculum.
Official Business School Representative
B
Schools: Desautels '17
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.3
Re: McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:43
Hi,
This is Anna from the McGill MBA recruitment team. Our team recommends you not to get external sources' profile pre-assessments as the application process depends not only on your individual profile but also on the pool of applicants you are competing with. Should you wish to know more about the program and the kind of candidates we admit, we encourage you to get in touch directly with either the McGill MBA recruitment team or the McGill MBA Ambassadors. Cheers!
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 01:54
mcgillmba wrote:
Hi,
This is Anna from the McGill MBA recruitment team. Our team recommends you not to get external sources' profile pre-assessments as the application process depends not only on your individual profile but also on the pool of applicants you are competing with. Should you wish to know more about the program and the kind of candidates we admit, we encourage you to get in touch directly with either the McGill MBA recruitment team or the McGill MBA Ambassadors. Cheers!

Thank you! Does McGill offer CV evaluation or something like that where prospective applicants can look for the feedback on their McGill MBA potential?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

Official Business School Representative
B
Schools: Desautels '17
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 21:06
Narenn wrote:
mcgillmba wrote:
Hi,

Thank you! Does McGill offer CV evaluation or something like that where prospective applicants can look for the feedback on their McGill MBA potential?

We offer one to ones and direct communication to discuss how to improve your CV and overall profile.
This being said, because of the limited number students we admit, sometimes the margin for selection is very small and the process is very holistic. We give as much importance to all components of the application. To give you an example, last year we refused quite a few candidates with 750+ GMAT scores because the rest of their application was not compelling enough. We are looking for the best all around candidates who embody the values of our university and who have the drive to succeed both individually and as part of a community.
Don't hesitate to contact us at mba.mgmt@mcgill.ca or keum.brochet@mcgill.ca
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 21:55
mcgillmba wrote:
We offer one to ones and direct communication to discuss how to improve your CV and overall profile.
This being said, because of the limited number students we admit, sometimes the margin for selection is very small and the process is very holistic. We give as much importance to all components of the application. To give you an example, last year we refused quite a few candidates with 750+ GMAT scores because the rest of their application was not compelling enough. We are looking for the best all around candidates who embody the values of our university and who have the drive to succeed both individually and as part of a community.
Don't hesitate to contact us at mba.mgmt@mcgill.ca or keum.brochet@mcgill.ca

This very well explains that Bschools take holistic approach in evaluating the apps and that applicants should focus on all aspects of their profile/application. A solid GMAT score or stellar stats alone are not sufficient to get you in to a good bschool.

Thank you for a candid reply!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2019, 04:31
Hi,

I want to apply for full time MBA in Canada. I am 27 years old.
My profile is as follows

10th - 87%
12th - 70%
B.E (Mechanical) from Mumbai University with 56%. Passed out in 2013. Conversion of score with WES table gives me CGPA above 3 on a 4 point scale.
I have 4.5 years of experience working in Engineering Maintenance and Project management with a MNC in India
Work Ex. positions held
0-1 year - Graduate Apprentice
1-2 year- Management Trainee
2 year to Current - Deputy Manager
I don't have much in terms of extra curricular activities.
Won inter college football and cricket tournaments during my college days.
Currently a member of my organizations Cricket team.
I am appearing for PMP (Project Management) certification course.

If anyone can take a look at my profile and provide me some feedback with respect to where I am, What could be improved and the GMAT score I will need to get in.

Cheers,
Kunal.
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B
Schools: IIMA

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 22:06
k9unal wrote:

Hi,

I want to apply for a full-time MBA in Canada. I am 27 years old.
My profile is as follows

10th - 87%
12th - 70%
B.E (Mechanical) from Mumbai University with 56%. Passed out in 2013. Conversion of the score with WES table gives me CGPA above 3 on a 4 point scale.
I have 4.5 years of experience working in Engineering Maintenance and Project management with an MNC in India
Work Ex. positions held
0-1 year - Graduate Apprentice
1-2 year- Management Trainee
2 year to Current - Deputy Manager
I don't have much in terms of extracurricular activities.
Won inter-college football and cricket tournaments during my college days.
Currently a member of my organizations Cricket team.
I am appearing for PMP (Project Management) certification course.

If anyone can take a look at my profile and provide me some feedback with respect to where I am, What could be improved and the GMAT score I will need to get in.

Cheers,
Kunal.

Hi k9unal,

I would suggest you plan which industry/function and role would you like to work in Canada. If you look at all the top programs such as Ivey, Schulich, Queens, Rotman, and McGill you will see the average GMAT Score would be around 650+.

With lots of students choosing Canada as one of the option v/s US the profiles that are applying are also quite competitive. This makes these top schools competitive too.
Doing a PMP certification is a good idea. Just make sure you research well on the job opportunities in the kind of role you are looking for. If you are looking at the same/similar industry look at how you would network with them. This research is very important. When you are looking at Canada, do explore the PR option too. This would reduce the investment in Canada as well as chances of you getting a job will work out well too.

Regards,
Shree
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 22:27
Hi!
I am planning for a full time MBA in ISB. I am 24.
10th-9.8 (93.1%)
12th-95.8%
BTech (Mechanical) from NIT, Silchar- 9.32(93.2%)
Work Ex- 37 months as on date in Ministry of Defence
Kindly have a look at my profile and let me know the GMAT score I should aim for? Also how may I boost my profile?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2019, 22:29
Hi!
I am planning for a full time MBA in ISB. I am 24.
10th-9.8 (93.1%)
12th-95.8%
BTech (Mechanical) from NIT, Silchar- 9.32(93.2%)
Work Ex- 37 months as on date in Ministry of Defence
Kindly have a look at my profile and let me know the GMAT score I should aim for? Also how may I boost my profile?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 03:15
Hi,

I'm an indian with an engineering background. I'm 25 and 26 by the time I start the course.
I have a GMAT score of 630.
And undergrad Gpa of 6.5/10
10th - 9 GPA
12th - 89%

Experience:
I have a work experience of 3 years as software developer in an MNC and almost 4 by the time I apply.

Extracurricular:
I have been part of the board of a student organisation in college in which I was an incharge for about 30 people. I have gone for a management internship in a food service management company in Dubai after my 3rd year.
I am a guitariat and a singer and have performed a couple of times in college and after.

I'm planing to pursue MBA in general management. What are my chances of getting into Desautels? Please help

GMAT Club Bot
Re: McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2019, 03:15

McGill Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status