GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
MBA Spotlight Chat 1 members online out of 4061
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
I wouldn’t trust scores from any source besides official tests, but if you’re wondering how trustworthy that Q50 is, you’ll be the only person who can work out whether you benefitted from familiar questions or not, and how much that might have boosted your score
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
if your test is on Monday, there’s not too much you should be doing, you want to stay rested so you’re thinking well on test day. If you had more time, you could take an official test you haven’t done before to get a realistic score assessment. Good luck on test day!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
IanStewart, Thanks so much for the clarity 😊 Keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping the test goes as close as possible to the mock. And thanks for the wishes.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, I wanted to ask a query associated with official mocks provided on mba.com.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have been seeing questions that I know on the mock, have been scoring 700-770 in the last few mocks, but I doubt that it could be because I encounter questions that I know.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Even though new questions are there as well, but I wanted to ask if there is another source or if official mocks 3-6 would provide a more reliable score.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Would there be questions similar to the type of questions we have practiced on the main test?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
A response would be highly appreciated.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks in advance :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
can anyone tell that how many questions should be correct to get v39 score/?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The answer is, it depends. Based off the available ESR evidence, You could score a V39 with as few as 4 (counted) questions wrong, but as many as 10 (counted) questions wrong out of 30.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It would be really helpful if someone could tell if the main test consists of the type of questions in official guides and mocks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You will not see same questions in actual test, but the test will test you in same skills, with varying level of difficulty with your performance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
okay
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thanks for the response
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I also wanted to ask which mock should one give that consists of greater number of new questions and gives a reliable indication of our score.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Official mocks are best to access your score as they use same algorithm as the real one and questions are also similar
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
okay thanks once again for the response. :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Highly appreciate it :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thanks a lot
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wc :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bhatt1989 wrote:
can anyone tell that how many questions should be correct to get v39 score/?

yeah...really depends. 10 questions wrong can get you v25~ v45. GMAT is an adaptive test, remember that.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello Companions,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My GMAT exam is scheduled in 14 days, but I am stuck at a score of 650-690 with a verbal score of V32-34. I am in need of advice on how I can improve my verbal score to V38 and above within just 2 weeks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Try not to score bad on last questions, complete all questions. Can you tell break up of correct questions in all 3 sections?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Quant - 23/31, verbal - 26/36, IR-5/12
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
OliChy wrote:
Quant - 23/31, verbal - 26/36, IR-5/12
I mean your performance in 3 sections of verbal- SC, CR, and RC
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Oh sorry
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
2 incorrect in CR, 2 in SC and 6 in RC
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
OliChy wrote:
2 incorrect in CR, 2 in SC and 6 in RC
You have answer for improvement hidden in your above breakup. In RC check which type of questions are you getting wrong- inference or fact based? Check whether your score was bad because of paucity of time or because if lack of comprehension.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
https://gmatclub.com/forum/exam-payment ... l#p2908608 can anyone check this and see if they have face
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Faced* this issue. I have a query regarding my exam payment
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SJ19 wrote:
Faced* this issue. I have a query regarding my exam payment
I guess that’s only in case of cancellations right?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What do you mean?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have made the payment using credit card but billing info is not same as mine. And it says for indian customers it should be same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think what it says is in case you want to cancel your exam at that time the billing address and Pan should be same. If you’re giving your exam you don’t need to bother, they just need passport for validation
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
if you’re still not very sure, please drop an email to Pearson
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any ESADE admit who could help me with my essays? Mainly review them and give me initial feedback?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi is rc timer removed from gmatclub?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Praka, the timer is still there for RC.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
i cant find in mine..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
i also checked in all previous practiced rc timer is been removed ,also there is no option to select and
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
looking forward for changed setting, practicing with timer was of great help!, thanking in advance.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone giving TOEFL please PM me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SD03UCLA wrote:
Anyone giving TOEFL please PM me
I have taken the IELTS if that helps
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ravigupta2912 wrote:
Any ESADE admit who could help me with my essays? Mainly review them and give me initial feedback?

Hi, I could have a look at your essays. Call on 9619551984. Best, Gauri
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I gave my exam in November and my scores went under administrative review. I received my scores after 20 business days and applied to my target bschool and have received an admit aswell. Today I have received an email from GMAC that my scores have been cancelled. Has anyone else faced this issue or can suggest the way forward to this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
o_O is there a particular reason it has been canceled?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMAC better have a good explanation on canceling someone’s score...
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone, i gave my GMAT during November and received my official scorecard within a day itself, sent my scores to different schools in round 2 and I’m waiting for the shortlist to rollout and now after 2.5 months of receiving my official scorecard I get a mail stating that my scores are cancelled. Anyone else facing similar issue or can anyone suggest me a way forward?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShashankKurella wrote:
Hello everyone, i gave my GMAT during November and received my official scorecard within a day itself, sent my scores to different schools in round 2 and I’m waiting for the shortlist to rollout and now after 2.5 months of receiving my official scorecard I get a mail stating that my scores are cancelled. Anyone else facing similar issue or can anyone suggest me a way forward?
did they mention why it has been canceled?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have they just cancelled the score or placed a 5 year ban as well.. some people have reported that too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was this online or in-centre?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also take a look at this thread:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
they just stated it as a violation and didn’t specify any, also gave me 7 days to appeal this decision. I rang up examity guys over this issue and they told me that everything is clear from their side but there’s a comment mentioning "Long Storage" it seems that’s it even the examity customer care told that it’s beyond then and I need to take this up with GMAC.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys I have a score of 310 in GRE and academic CGPA is 8.2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does the CGPA compensate for low GRE?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have a published research paper in a national journal
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It will depend where you’re applying -- different programs will weight factors differently
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
But in general, the reason MBA programs want GMAT or GRE scores is because they are much better predictors of success in an MBA program than undergraduate grades
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
so you’d normally be much better off with a high GRE/GMAT and weak GPA than with a weak GRE/GMAT and strong GPA, I’m sorry to say, though that won’t necessarily be true for every program
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got a 750 but only IR 3. Aiming for top European colleges. Should I retake?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:

Hi, whether or not to retake also depends on your profile. Connect for a free profile evaluation at 9106702051. Best, Gauri.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PSP92 wrote:
I have a 4 in AWA. People advised me to write GMAT again. I didn’t. Have admits in hand.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
4 awa isn’t enough to be the cause of a ding.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thecosmos, I had 2 in my AWA but scored 740, received invitation for interviews all 6 schools I applied for and got admit to NYU Stern. Focus on your essays and application unless you want to improve aggregate score.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
aalam383 wrote:
thecosmos, I had 2 in my AWA but scored 740, received invitation for interviews all 6 schools I applied for and got admit to NYU Stern. Focus on your essays and application unless you want to improve aggregate score.
essentially this is what I said
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShashankKurella wrote:
they just stated it as a violation and didn’t specify any, also gave me 7 days to appeal this decision. I rang up examity guys over this issue and they told me that everything is clear from their side but there’s a comment mentioning "Long Storage" it seems that’s it even the examity customer care told that it’s beyond then and I need to take this up with GMAC.
hey there, I’m so sorry to hear about this. Did you take the online gmat or in person? Did it get resolved?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello.. I have a GRE score of 309 can you tell me what MBA colleges I can target based on this? I know this is extremely broad but what university can I target?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am sorry, but we need way more information about your background. A GRE score in and of itself is not enough to determine which school is most appropriate. It’s more useful as a filter, so I would recommend checking the average/median GRE scores at the schools (this is publicly listed) to give you a sense for where you might be a candidate, to start.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
INSEAD, Wharton, or Cornell (full schollie) - corp finance trying to move into MBB - thoughts??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello Raman.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yadavraman, I want iy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Need GMAT exam voucher
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
need Menlo coaching material guidance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello would anyone love to split an experts global test series membership? Or does anyone have a membership that they are willing to share
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I need some info on online GMAT test procedure on exam day. Please let me know if someone can help.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
keep passport or aadhar as identitity proof, check your system is ready, you might need to uninstall RDP or other remote desktop software, keep whiteboard and erazable pen ready, white board size specification is mentioned in online exam procedure, remove all unnecessary things around desk and chair
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thakurarun85 wrote:
I need some info on online GMAT test procedure on exam day. Please let me know if someone can help.
will ask to show your room, chair, table, around area
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
if using mobile data, keep around 5gb data, need to install some software as well to ready system, do check system settings before exam
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NirupaD, if I am using mobile will not proctor ask me to remove mobile phone from visinity
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yes, i moved in closet, far from my desk, though prefer wifi, if option avaiable
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
for me, proctor did not stop me to use mobile data
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi I just signed for some spotlight events. How do I claim the app fee waivers?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi. You need to attend the events. During the event, they will be a link where you can sign up that link will stop working at the end of the event.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hiteshdusseja wrote:
Hi I just signed for some spotlight events. How do I claim the app fee waivers?

Need to attend πŸ˜‡ until the link is shared to sign up. You don’t have to stay the whole time though if you’re not interested.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you πŸ‘
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I attended IESE spotlight event today. Will I get app fee waiver?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
piyushgautam2004 wrote:
I attended IESE spotlight event today. Will I get app fee waiver?

There were only a few of them and if you won, you would know :-)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have registered for few spotlight events. How do I come to know whether I got a application fee waiver or no?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys! Sorry was MIA in this group for a bit. Welcome!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hiteshdusseja wrote:
I have registered for few spotlight events. How do I come to know whether I got a application fee waiver or no?

Hi. You will need to attend the AdCom Zoom Session to receive or in some cases win app fee waiver (if there is not enough for all attendees, there will be a drawing)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We have 6 days to MBA Spotlight! For the list of all App Fee Waivers, you can see this page: https://gmatclub.com/forum/app-fee-waiv ... 13343.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBA Spotlight is Tomorrow! 😱
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks for signing up for MBA Spotlight Virtual Fair June 13&14 - Can You Handle the Madness? We Start Tomorrow! :cool:

Links You Will Need:

1. Full Schedule & Session Links Are Here - This is the ONLY link you really need.

2. Get App Fee Waivers and GMAT Tests! Over $200,000 worth of Prizes during MBA Spotlight!
  • Win Forum Quiz subscription or GMAT Club Tests
  • Win over $200,000 worth of Application Fee Waivers during the School YouTube sessions! Make sure to attend Fuqua, Emory, McDonough, Tepper, UC Riverside, and Tuck, (more coming) that will be offering some application fee waivers. Learn more about prizes.

3. Want to get you profile evaluated?

4. Join Networking Sessions & Panels
Panels will take place on YouTube during the MBA Spotlight. Here is the Panel Schedule:

Tuesday June 13

Wednesday June 14

5. Not sure which schools to apply to? Use these tools!

See you in 24 Hrs on Tuesday at 6 AM PST / 9 AM EST / 2 PM BST / 6:30 PM IST HERE
-BB, Founder of GMAT Club
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
adi33 wrote:
Hi everyone, I am planning to sell my CrackVerbal course (Live class+ recording+ entire OG solutions + 300 sectional mocks) valid for a year from now on. Haven’t used it at all. I had some personal issues due to which I had to drop my GMAT prep. Kindly DM if you want to take this. Happy to give it for a reasonable price!

Can you please DM the price?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys....

I am actually working on a case study related to mobile handset leasing business

Can you please spare some time to fill the form. It wont take more than 5 mins.

PS: No email ids and personal data are collected through this form.

Thanks a lot in advance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin