Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [8]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [2]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [1]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2930 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Re: Member Feedback Wanted [#permalink]
Kudos
Great Idea !

I have to say the reason why I joined the forum in the first place wasn't to look for GMAT questions but was to look up something exactly like this. It just so happened that I decided not to apply this year and the whole search got side tracked !

I think that this is a great resource & I am sure it will be very helpful. I really like the format that you are using as well.

The one thing I am personally always interested in seeing per school is more detailed stats about their employment, things like max and min packages given & in particular what industries come and hire the highest fraction from there. Also what would be great to see is the expended expenditure on tuition and living for the duration of the MBA.

In my view, the MBA is as much of a business decision as it is one about education. So, it is extremely important for me to know the monetary input I have to put in and the gain I stand to make at the end of it.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACCA
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
I think it would be a good idea if current students in the repectively business schools can share their perspectives on the school especially regard what they are most impressed with and what they are not very impressed with

Great initiatives and many thanks for the effort.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Kudos
Excellent initiative! You never stop surprising us!
I just skimmed quickly through a couple of schools and liked the format and overall the fact that all the information is in one single post, whereas in the school website you have to go back and forth through different pages.

I usually search for everything related to international applicants. Would like to know the deadlines for applications, availability of financial help (loans with cosigner, without cosigner, facilitated from the school or not), and placement statistics for internationals. I know these stats are hard to find, but I know that in this forum we have everything.

A very important information to know is the amount of available funds that the school requires to proof after getting accepted and before procuring the visa. I remember reading a thread that mentioned that Cornell requires a sum above 100k, compared to Ross that requires less than 10k. For internationals, because we will get the loans after landing in the US, that is crucial information. I remember the poster regretted to have applied to Cornell since there was no way he could prove availability of such funds.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
This is a great idea and the page on Duke gives a lot of useful information.

But, a suggestion would be as shrouded pointed out, information on career services for international and local students would be very useful for prospective students now that would draw the crowds from other places as well.
This information can be provided or hinted by previous students or current students.

For example:
1.The enthusiasm offered by the careers services towards international students.
2.The no of offers that are made to local students vs international students.
3.What are the popular recruiters in the campus maybe JPM is popular in xyz whereas MS is more popular in abc.
4.How are the living conditions around the campus in terms of Safety, cost of rentals-houses for students, amenities, friendliness of locals. I felt my campus neighbourhood, when i did my master`s in UK, was pretty allright, the subways were a little dim and people avoided them at night but no incidents were reported. The locals were not radical but not many internationals used to visit any local pubs.
5.The number(or list) of Gmat Club members at the school, alumni or current students.

Also, it would be better to subdivide the work that you are doing such that every member does a small bit instead of just accessing the pages after they are done. It would help both the member in learning new information and the builder.
Can we please next have a page for Carnegie Mellon Tepper, Texas A&M, Cornell.

Attached is the information i gathered about the respective schools, please use it if needed.
Attachments

Tepper,Texas,Cornell.xlsx [14.35 KiB]
Downloaded 105 times

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 673 [1]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:ISB, Tepper - CMU, Chicago Booth, LSB
Send PM
Kudos
Great initiative. Kudos to BB and Avernusaur :-D

Suggestion: Can some of the important events, information, informative blogs post related to the various B-schools be accommodated within each B-School thread? It could serve as a single point of access for anything informative about that particular institution.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Kudos
Great initiative, this is amazing! I think the biggest value add would be sharing perspectives on each school's unique culture, what some of the most meaningful value offerings are as well as areas requiring improvement. While this is very much perceived on an individual level, there are a number of characteristics about every school that the entire school body would likely resonate with. Unfortunately, that is not something that can be easily found on the schools' website but I think that's the whole point of this thread.

Our strength as an online community is the sheer number of individuals who are current students as well as recent graduates who are willing to share their experiences and we should capitalize on that in a structured manner (like this forum). To keep the information uniform, we should perhaps draft up 4-5 questions directly related to research our current applicants require (resources in area X, why, favorite course and who taught it, how can the school be made better, what are the biggest strengths of the program, insight on a few specific clubs, etc). This brief survey (there could be a longer and a shorter version) could be sent out to members who are currently students or recent grads (not more than two years out).

Additionally, we can continue to expand the idea of MBA ambassadors and perhaps include these individuals on the threads in this forum. There could be the same type of information for each school represented with the option to contact an ambassador if your specific questions are not answered. I am happy to help Cornell applicants with whatever I can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
One thing that would be nice is a description of each school's deposit deadlines. I am trying to determine when to apply to each school, and I'm concerned about potentially getting into a school in R1 and having a deposit deadline prior to R2 decision for other schools. Is this frequently an issue?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 453 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb,

The information on this forum is over whelming.
It covers all major Universities and college that most of the students want to know more about.
But there was a disappointment that gmatclub does not consider any Indian course that accept GMAT score. To be more specific alteast Indian Business School deserves the attention.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
really Great Initiative ..its like getting all under one roof without unnecessarily wasting time and searching Google..!!!Thanx a lot to Both u and Avernusaur....Will be waiting for some other schools too...Kudos again ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
bb,
Thank you for the excellent initiative. However, a common theme I have seen if most of the data on the web and here caters to Full Time students. Example: Full Time statistics like GMAT Score, Avg Age etc etc.
It would be really helpful for you guys to include a section for Part time applicants too. So, for example, I would really be interested in knowing what the part time gmat score for Ross is and what is their average class size etc.

Other than that, I compliment you guys for the excellent work you are doing.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3594 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
I love this initiative. +100. I m sure it will benefit many.

Can we tag the colleges with country's name?
It will be very easy to find schools when posted in large numbers.

Members @ college name rocks :lol: .

I request the users not to put text such as thanks,good stuff in those threads. Lets make it more informative.
kindly post the college related queries only. For all the other issues/queries post in this thread.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Wow Avernusaur, you're the man... How'd you ever find time to do this?!?

Excellent indeed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
They look great and I'm sure took a lot of effort. Thanks! Tons of people will benefit from the guides!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the kudos bb.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Awesome. .
Waiting for Stanford's pages!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 343 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I haven't had a chance to go through all the posts but cannot thank you enough for putting this stuff together... It is commendable!!! Thanks a zillion!!!

One thing I would like to be included is that what kind of people each of these schools is looking for. Say one school focusses on entrepreneurship so the kind of people that school would pick would have that sort of skill set/capability/background. There must be some standard basic criterion that these schools must be using.

I am eagerly waiting for some information on ISB... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Amazing initiative. It is really gonna be a excellent help for all the prospective students. Thank you.
If possible could you please also include the schools with 1 Year full-time MBA (I think mostly it is offered in UK/Asia).
Thanks again.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2