GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 May 2020, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

[Original post shortened] LSE vs HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
[Original post shortened] LSE vs HEC Paris  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2015, 16:24
So I'll summarize my initial post to get more answers!

I'm a 21 years old, Belgian, about to graduate from Maastricht University in Economics. I took several extra-courses in Finance and have good basics. I don't have real professional experience but I have substantial international experience (lived over a year in Peru and a semester in Brazil). I'm fluent in French, English, Spanish and Portuguese.
My plans in the short-term are to follow a CEMS program at the ESADE and to land my first real job (preferably M&A/PE/Corporate Finance/My own enterprise) in London. On the medium-term, I'd like to work in the Americas (Latin america would be best).

I have two offers: The Master in International Finance at the HEC and the Master in Finance (possibly Finance & Private Equity) at the LSE. Now I have read a lot and my conclusions are the following:
Price-wise: HEC > LSE
(International) brand value: LSE > HEC

My biggest concern is about the quality of the content of the respective programs. HEC Paris is very convincing. It provided us with a 95 pages report that provides a detailed description of every course. The course portfolio is outstanding (lots of elective, good possibility to customize the program in general) and the school offers double degree opportunities.
On the other hand, LSE provide merely ONE page of description for a TERM-BASED course.. The material used (Berk&Demarzo) is basically was we used in our introductory course of finance (first year bachelor). Sure, the university enjoys an outstanding reputation, but on paper its program seems a bit lousy...

What's your advices?
Intern
Intern
Re: [Original post shortened] LSE vs HEC Paris  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 13:43
Up! I shortened my initial post to get answers! I realized it was a bit long to read :)
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 19:07
I'm not sure I understand: You've got offers from HEC and LSE but you're at ESADE at the moment?
I only know about CEMS' MIM program, is that what you're speaking of or is it something else?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2015, 17:12
Sorry I was busy those days, got partial exams.

I'be got offers from HEC and LSE. That's all. The ESADE thing is a plan that I have over the short-term, it's just for you to understand what I plan to undertake in the future :) What I want to know is whe"ther to go to HEC or LSE
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2015, 17:35
In that case, I'd stick with LSE.
Best non-US program, longer duration, yet flexible if you prefer to speed it up.

You've said it yourself, London is preferable to Paris.

Don't let the detail of course descriptions distract you from the program - reach out to to current students and ask them about the courses in detail, if you wish.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2015, 18:21
Well I reached out to a student from HEC who was very enthusiastic about Paris

LSE is not longer than Paris though, both are 10 months programs :) Concerning the reputation and the connection there is no doubt that LSE is more recognized, but the program content does worry me a lot :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: [Original post shortened] LSE vs HEC Paris   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2015, 18:21

[Original post shortened] LSE vs HEC Paris

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate