Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
 Q40  V35 GMAT 2: 670  Q44  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: MGMAT CAT Score Accuracy [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MGMAT is a fairly reliable indicator - you can see correlations here: https://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-estimate/

Move the "performance under pressure" (bottom) slider around to see the variance in the best/worst case scenario.
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Hi,

First off, thanks for the high commendation of our books! We really appreciate hearing such positive feedback, and I will definitely pass on the good words to our curriculum development team.

In terms of the accuracy of our MGMAT CATs, we usually say that your score is accurate within a Standard Deviation of about 50 points. The actual GMAT is more like 30, as are the two GMATPrep exams.

I am guessing, as other posters commented, that your bad mood influenced your overall score, but I would still suggest going over your answers and seeing where your weaknesses lie before you take another test.

Also, in terms of time management, I would suggest this article: https://www.manhattangmat.com/strategy-s ... g-pace.cfm it's geared more at people who run out of time, but there are some good tips for overall time management as well.

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
I want to share several thoughts about MGMAT CATs (strictly IMHO, of course):

- Math section is not merely difficult, it's insanely difficult. I was really struggling to finish the problems within 2 minute limit per question (In GMATClub Math Challenges I constantly score 85%+ percentile, 4-5 mistakes per test at most, with about 10 minutes to spare).

-They test your knowledge of really tricky parts of GMAT curriculum and they do it good. You should really know the concepts and tricks - OR you'll end up spending 3-4 minutes to figure out questions, finishing CAT with disastrous results

-CAT algorithm constantly throws at you hard questions. You're quickly at 700-800 level and you're kept there, unless you mess up several questions in row. After messing up - one correct answer and you're again at 700+.

-Scoring algorithm considers the level and questions and is quite generous in regard to the number of mistakes. For instance, I got Q51 with 6 mistakes and V45 with 9 mistakes

-Verbal section is no big deal, but quite representative of "real-life" OG questions

-I doubt that Math section is similarly representative of real thing.

-Explanations are great, there is a real value in reading all of them (no matter you got particular question right or wrong)

-MGMAT forum is also great - a lot of old questions discussed by professional instructors.

I've scored 780 and 760 in MGMAT CATs, more of them to go, yet I have absolutely no idea where do I stand. While doing these test I had a feeling of failing miserably and these scores were utterly unexpected
GMAT Club Bot