GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 11:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MGSM & Monash University (Australia) -- Advise

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
MGSM & Monash University (Australia) -- Advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2014, 07:13
Anyone out there with first hand experience at either school?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Education)
Reviews Badge
Re: MGSM & Monash University (Australia) -- Advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2017, 10:18
Hi,
I just wanted to point out that it might be extremely difficult for you to find people interested in applying to Monash University (Monash doesn't ask for GMAT).

I do not have experience with either of the schools. But, from my limited understanding, I have understood that Monash is a reputed school ONLY IN MELBOURNE.
MGSM on other hand is trying desperately to become The destination in Australia (with limited success in that pursuit).

Still, out of these two, MGSM would be a better choice.
(Disclaimer: My experience is limited to whatever I could learn from my own research).
Thanks.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 10:38
Something to keep in mind about Australian programs is challenges associated with employment in Australia upon graduation. The feedback from current students and alums has been that schools are not able to help with PR and that many Australian employers value experience in the field in a western country more than the MBA degree per se. Thus many international graduates have to leave for Singapore, SE Asia, or their home country after graduating. I personally love Australia - really enjoyed visiting, but in light of the work makes Australia a nice "school vacation" spot but my suggestion is that it's always best to graduate in the country you are planning/most likely to find a job.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 22:04
I did my undergrads in Monash and I can assure you what bb said is really true.

It is not impossible to get jobs in Australia as a non PR/citizen, but the odds getting jobs with good career prospects is another different matter. Out of 20 non PR graduates that I know, who some of them did Masters as well (2014 Batch), 18 has returned to their own respective due to either being unable to secure jobs/the jobs that they obtained have almost 0 career progressions. The other two gets a career in Crown as an accountant, but they obtained this job without any involvement of Monash, and apparently they obtained it through social connections.

Another important thing that you might want to look at is the quality of the students in Australian university in general. With the amount of tuition fees that these Australian unis charged (apparently rivals those of top US B schools) coupled with how difficult it is to obtain jobs as non PR/citizen makes you wonder what kind of international student wants to go there since the ROI will not be good if these students return to their home country or SG for work (SG entry level job salary is much lower than Aussie's entry level job salary). Apparently a lot of these people (Asian in general) are either misinformed about the situations there or are rich kids that who do not have to care about securing a job after graduation. You should notice that education sector is the third on Australia's exports, and I have seen enough to conclude that the quality majority of international students in Australia is sub-par in terms of motivation and communication skills (their English is a big issue here).

I heard UNSW is the most reputable university in Aussie that has the least of the issues I have mentioned, but of course I have no credibility as I have never attended the university myself.

Regarding how employers perceive MBA there, what bb said is completely true as they generally value WE more, and what makes things worse is a degree from Australia is not very well received by MNCs in general ,even in Asia. Companies tend to prefer the likes of NUS, HKUST and NTU as these companies are well aware of the quality of the students and how easy to enter Australian unis (even UoM).

My suggestion is not to go Aussie at all for MBA if your goal is to secure a decent job post-MBA, their universities are too commercialized at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2019, 10:09
Hi,
I am sorry to write in this forum!! But really need your advice.

I got an Offer letter for Masters of Management course from MGSM.

Please tell me should I join, I am having 4 years of experience, or should I go for MBA from UTS.

What average salary I should expect and is it easy to get a job after completing this course??

Please Help.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 18:17
princebatra wrote:
Hi,
I am sorry to write in this forum!! But really need your advice.

I got an Offer letter for Masters of Management course from MGSM.

Please tell me should I join, I am having 4 years of experience, or should I go for MBA from UTS.

What average salary I should expect and is it easy to get a job after completing this course??

Please Help.

Just an honest advice. Please start a new post as it will give you opportunity to gather more info.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MGSM & Monash University (Australia) -- Advise   [#permalink] 07 May 2019, 18:17

MGSM & Monash University (Australia) -- Advise

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate