Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Midwest applicant - Visiting schools. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kommitted wrote:
Appreciate the response - the link was really helpful. Thanks Linda.

Accepted.com wrote:
kommitted wrote:
Hello,

I know similar topics have been discussed ad nauseam, but, I wanted to make sure I asked here, since I couldn't find the exact answer to my question.

I live in a Mid-west town and if I need to visit the schools I apply to (except Booth and Kellogg), I'll have to take at least two days off work and spend at least $800 on each school visit. I know most adcoms explicitly mention that a campus visit is not going to be considered when making admission decisions, but many of them - to my understanding - nonetheless ask if I visited or talked to students (Columbia/Stern do, if I remember right). So, I'd like to make sure I leave no stone unturned.

Would adcoms understand my situation without my mentioning it, if I don't make a visit? Would that in any way affect my admit chances in lets say any of the M7 schools?

Thanks in advance for answering.

The mere fact that you visited or didn't visit will not affect your chances of acceptance. However, the insights that you glean from a visit (or that you lack from not having visited) may affect the quality of your application and interviews. There are no brownie points for visiting, but visits do have an effect on applicants that can and should be reflected in the applications.
Please see Bschool Visits.

Best,
Linda

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Midwest applicant - Visiting schools. [#permalink]