Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GRE 1: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1751
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MIM Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
strongrover wrote:
5th March,2021
Nationality : Indian

GRE Score :- 319( Quants - 165, Verbal - 154)

Score :- 74.8%( B.Tech EEE)

Work Experience :- 0.6 years as an Assistant System Engineer in TCS

Internship and Certifications:-
a) Completed an internship in Reliance Industries Ltd. working as an intern and assisting in day to day operations to the Plant head.
b) Worked as an intern in Siemens Ltd. and managing customer relations in the testing unit in Kalwa works.
c) Completed Delf A1 level certification in French Language.
d) Completed various online certified courses in MOOCs namely in financial Domain. ( Financial Market- Yale university, Excel for business essentials- Macquarie University etc.)
d) Published an research paper in an international journal in final year college.
e) Certificate of excellence from Career Center in College

Educational Background:-
a) B.tech EEE from SRM IST. Graduated 2020( 74.8%)
b) Class XII - 83.4%
c) Class X - 9.6 gpa

Extra curricular:
a)Completed an credited course in yoga
b) Won 1st Position in physics competition in College.
c) Worked with managing team in college fest.
d) Learned German upto A1 level.

Target Program:-
MIM

Target colleges : -
ESCP.ESSEC,HEC,HHL Leipzig, EDHEC, WHU, ESMT, SKEMA, EMlyon

Post MIM target:
Consulting or Finance

Hi strongrover,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MiM aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – This looks fine. We would love to know your class ranking (or percentile). Also, having certified courses is an example of continuous learning.

GRE - Well, 319 is an average score. We recommend taking the exam as you are from an overrepresented pool of applicants and for some of your target schools the class average is higher. :)

Work Experience – The work experience looks fine. However, we would love to see your CV to understand your roles, responsibilities, and the impact of your work.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – The extra-curricular activities are interesting. Can you please share more on your hobbies and volunteer work?

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
prj2304 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm in the midst of preparing applications for INSEAD, HEC, LBS, Imperial College, Warwick Business School, King's College and University of Edinburgh Business School, and would love a profile evaluation.

Here are details about me:

Personal background: Indian, grew up in Turkey, 23 years old.

Background + university: BSc Business Administration with concentrations in Strategic and I.T. Management from Babson College. I graduated in 2019 with a 3.0 cumulative GPA. I attended an international exchange program at HEC for 1 semester in 2017. Other languages I speak French, Turkish, Hindi, and Marathi. I have some background in web design and development.

Work experience: Business Development Internship in Istanbul, Turkey at an MNC (2 months); Brand Management Internship in Mumbai, India at a MNC (2 months); Social Media Intern at a start-up in Paris, France (3 months); Marketing Strategy Internship at a PR consultancy in Boston, USA (2 months); Student Management Consultant Project in Babson College, USA (4 months); Digital Marketing Manager at a non-profit startup in Boston, USA (1 year).

Community: Worked on campus at the undergraduate career center and helped out students with their resumes/cover letters. Part-time work at the on-campus mailroom. Part of the business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi. Did digital marketing of a South-Asian organization. Part of an on-campus consulting association and a group leader for a consulting team.

Goals: I want to eventually enter the marketing-strategy space or the management consulting space. The degrees I'm looking at are MiMs, MSc Strategic Marketing and MSc International Marketing and similar fields.

Universities: INSEAD, HEC, ESSEC, LBS, Imperial College, Warwick Business School, King's College, and University of Edinburgh Business School

Do I have any chances of getting into those universities? I am very anxious about my undergrad GPA not meeting the requirements for the unis mentioned above. Should I look at different programs? I would appreciate any and all feedback/advice/help.

Thank you in advance :)

Hey prj2304!

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is pretty competitive. Your GPA of 3.0 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top b-schools. The brand name of Babson further aids in strengthening your profile as top schools across the world tend to favour candidates from top schools of each country.

You haven’t given any details of your GMAT score, however, I’d still like to advise you to get a score of at least 710 in your GMAT to comfortably target schools such as HEC.

Moving on to your work experience, you have in total 2+ years of work experience in varied roles and positions which embellish your profile with a varied and exhaustive range of skill sets. You also have several good brand names in your profile spanning over a range of countries which further add in the element of international exposure to your profile, a trait well revered by the top B-schools across the world. Even though you have a decent quality of work experience in your profile, you should be mindful of the fact that you’d be competing against candidates hailing from similar competitive backgrounds, hence you should utilize your application to draw attention towards the quality of your work experience - the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, it is great to see that you have undertaken several extracurricular activities throughout college. Your active involvement in college campus activities highlights your proactive attitude and excellent communication skills while leading the consulting group displays your leadership abilities. Here, I would like you to dig deep into your experience and also highlight instances of volunteering work and add in some certifications pertaining to the field of management to further build upon your profile on this front.

Given your school choices, INSEAD, HEC and LBS fall into the dream category and hence your chances of acceptance into their program are going to be 50%. On the other hand, ESSEC and Imperial are considered as upper competitive schools and therefore you stand a 60% chance of acceptance into the program. The rest of the schools fall under the competitive category and you would have 70% chances of making it into their program.

One important factor to be mindful of here is that Imperial Business School is quite stringent on its GPA requirements, so the best way forward for you would be to firstly check your eligibility with the school before investing your time and efforts into applying there.

Another aspect that you should be acquainted with while applying to B-schools is the importance of a strong application. Since you wish to apply to some of the most competitive schools in the world, you’d be facing competition from a highly saturated and holistically developed competitor pool. Hence, a strong application would not only allow you to highlight your strength but also boost your chances of acceptance by 3x.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has allowed us to help 3500+ applicants to get into their dream schools. As you are still in the early process of your application, it would provide you with end-to-end consulting and unlimited edits on your application documents. With our customized approach and carefully crafted applications, we have helped our clients bag scholarships worth 3.3 million Euros and we wholeheartedly believe that we can help you too!

Link for the All-In-One Solutions:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped
Masters Admission Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
allap123 wrote:
allap123 wrote:
Hi,

Background + university: I'm a 21yo business management student from a non-target uni in UK (top30 in UK). I'm originally from Eastern Europe and moved here for university + I'm a female if that's important. My degree is 4 years long and between 2nd and rd year I have a "year in the industry" which I'm currently completing. Both in my 1st and 2nd year I scored a 1st (+70%) and hope to get +70 in my final year. I had a few finance modules, but most of them I will have in my 3rd year when I will already apply for masters.

GMAT: I think I will get 720-740

Work experience: Completed 2 pro-bono short internships in startups, one was more of a consultancy project and during another one I was doing financial planning. Currently, I'm completing my 1 year long internship in one of the biggest companies in the world in heavy industry. Being a product management intern, I work mostly in operations and financial planning. I also created research reports on military and oil&gas industries. In summer I hope to get a internship in either investment banking or consutling (tier2 or big4) in my home country. If I'm lucky I will get a internship in a small consultancy firm in UK starting in 2nd term of my 3rd year.

Community: Was a president of national society at a university and a marketing executive of a consulting club. I want to become a president of a consulting society at my uni in my 3rd year. As a marketing exec I helped organise a 1-week long consulting event allowing students to solve a business case. We regularly invited consultants from big4 and tier2 consulting firms and received sponsorship from one company. Before uni I was training one sport for 14 years scoring many national awards.

Goals: I'm stuck between Master in Finance, Business Analytics or general MIM. Post masters, I want to get into consulting or maybe (?) finance.

Universities: HEC, NUS, LBS, Imperial, UCL, ESSEC, LSE

Do I have any chances of getting into those universities, and what course might be best for me? Is MIM even useful if I did business management before?

Hi allap123. At first glance, your numerical stats (degree marks and expected GMAT score) look solid. While you say you don't come from a non-target university, don't let that hold you back; all programmes will assess the academic rigour of your undergraduate institution and degree and achieving 70%+ demonstrates you have the academic skills (and importantly, motivation) to succeed in the classroom.

Your internship experience across a range of industries and in a range of roles is great if you want to pursue consulting. The ad com will be interested to know your rationale for pursuing these opportunities (was there a strategy?), how the dots between each experience connect (if they do), and the learning outcomes. Exposure to such a diverse set of companies and roles will have helped you to develop an interesting skill set and you should start thinking about how these skills will enable to you succeed both in your masters study and future career.

As well, your community engagement in campus activities will do a lot to showcase your team and leadership experience and capabilities, which are of course key attributes to bring into any MFin, Business Analytics, or MiM classroom. Your sport background also says a lot about your commitment.

Finally, you've asked a good question about whether a MiM is useful considering you're coming from a business management undergraduate. Academically, you’re likely to find crossover in many of the subjects (general management fundamentals are general management fundaments). But you’ll be in a classroom with a potentially different learning approach (e.g. theory v applied) and a different peer group who will expose you to different ideas and approaches. There’s a lot of value in that. That said, if at the end of your degree you’re able to secure the job you’d be coming to the MiM for, then it’s worth thinking about the value of the degree at that point in time. Is it to secure a job? Expand your network? Deepen your insight into a specific subject area? Relocate? Develop hard or soft skills? While the answers to these questions might require some reflection, you helpfully have a bit of time before you will apply and can use this to your advantage.

I hope this has been helpful but please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you’d like to talk through any of this in more detail.

Best of luck.
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Yashsoni09876,

Thank you for your post. Congrats on a solid GMAT! From a macro perspective, you seem to have a solid background (what is your class rank?). Given you are not expected to have full-time work experiences prior to joining an MFin program, I recommend you spend time showcasing (through examples of internship experiences and/or community engagement) how your have committed to a career in Investment Banking.

Happy to further discuss your profile. Reach out when you are ready: https://www.siaadmissions.com/complimen ... nsultation

Good luck!

Susan

Yashsoni09876 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Looking for quick profile evaluation for Mfin programmes.

I recently finished my undergrad in Bachelor of Science and am now looking at Mfin programs particularly from US or Europe.
Profile:
Nationality : Indian
Undergrad: 7.4cGPA
GMAT 740
Internship : 4 internships in total. 2 in marketing domain with the startups. 1 2-months Investment Banking Internship in a mid level firm. 6 months Data Analytics internship in a startup.
Volunteer : Has being volunteer in various college events and a volunteer at nasscomm.
Certifications : Complete Digital Marketing, Data Analysis by IBM, Basics of finance from coursera.
Post Mfin : Investment Banking

Programs:
Oxford
HEC
WHU
MIT
London Business School
London School of Economics

Thanks a lot! Any suggestion and tips would be much appreciated.
Masters Admission Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Fedeman23 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a quick profile evaluation for mim programs.

I'm a 21 years old Italian guy currently enrolled in the second best university in Italy. I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management.
GPA: 3.51
IELTS score: 8.0
GMAT score: not taken yet. (would something around 640 be fine?)
I've done several internships in the past, both in startups and well-established companies (not famous ones). Moreover, I'm currently head of the IT department (9 people under me) and business consultant of my university consulting firm (it is a junior enterprise).
I've also won 5000 euros in AWS credits for winning a startup idea competition. Unfortunately, it remained an idea.

I'll also attach my cv for convenience (I've deleted my personal data). This is the one I will send to universities. Here's the link: htt ps: //1drv. ms/ w/s !Ahua -lAZ1ibMq ArKnsmN0Cp67ljk?e=EQcD0E
Please delete the spaces. I can't use links.

My goal is to enter one of the top 10 mim programs. Can I make it or not?

Hi Fedeman23. My name is Jamie and I'm a consultant with Accepted and previously led Early Career admissions at LBS. From the information you've provided I'd say you're off to a good start!

Your GPA (I'm assuming the 3.5 refers to your cumulative result?) is fine and will meet most entry requirements, though you'll still want to aim for a high GMAT to keep yourself competitive. Ideally you want to aim for the class average of the programmes you're applying to. For most, this will be above 640. Of course, if you get a 640 it doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't apply but you'll want to review your score (including individual section scores) against your GPA and think about what the story there says about your ability to succeed in the classroom.

It sounds like you have a good mix of internship experience. Brand name companies aren't necessarily a must have (it depends on how the rest of your profile is looking). The ad com will be interested in the skills you've acquired and learnings from the start-up v established business environments and how this will all support not only your MiM learning, but also your career aims. As well, your leadership experience and extra-curricular engagements say a lot about your potential to contribute to your future cohort and community.

I wasn't able to open your CV but do feel free to PM me with it if you'd like more detailed feedback. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone, I request the experts to evaluate and predict the chances I have for a MiM program in HEC Paris, ESSEC, Fuqua, Cornell, ESCP, Bocconi, basically any of the top 15 MiM programs.

23 years old, Indian National, Male.
I graduated in 2018 with Bachelor of Commerce Honors, with a 3.05 GPA out of 4 from a state university.

A GMAT score of 720, Q49 V40.

I currently have 3 Internship experiences,
1) Indian FMCG Company as a Finance Intern,
2) Research Associate at Kolkata Based Research Firm,
3) Teaching Faculty at Boddhi Tree Foundation (NGO).

I have worked for about a year in my father's company, where I managed Finance to logistics to compliances. Currently, I am working in the FMCG Company, where I interned, and volunteering in an NGO.

10th standard Score- 8.4 CGPA out of 10, 12th (Majored in Commerce)- 75%.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone, Dhvanit here, 20yo from India (22 at the time of starting college - 2022 if things work out well)
Its my first time posting here so sorry if i unknowingly break any specific rules, please let me know if i'm doing so, will rectify ASAP

10th - 88.2%
12th - 81.54%

Graduation - BTech Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering - GPA around 7.5/10

College - K J Somaiya College of Engineering (NIRF Rank 171, among top 50 in private colleges)

GMAT - Aiming for 700+, if i miss it, around high 600s probably

Work experience - still pursuing graduate degree and planning to go for MiM or MSc Finance as a fresher

Internships -
1) Data Acquisition Team Member(Technical) with inhouse(college) team participating in national level competitions Duration - 17 months as a team member and 4 months as official internship.
2) Event Management intern for 3 months, handling events from the base office.
3) Marketing Intern - 2 months - at a startup for an app based on video call consultation.
4) Working with an NGO (3 months internship + 1 month of their Future Leaders Program) ->raising awareness about social entrepreneurship, exposure to the working of an NGO and undertaking various tasks for the betterment, including social media campaigns, digital marketing, fundraising, NGO auditing etc

Extra curriculars - Helped in artist scouting, event management and moderation for a worldwide 24hour online event(concert) as well as a few other events of the same type

Aiming for bschools primarily in the UK, if possible in and around london.... and HEC :p
LBS, LSE, Oxford, Warwick, Cass, Imperial, Kings

Please do help me out with this and any recommendations/tips with GMAT, college selection would be extremely helpful, thanks and have a great day :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
maxost96 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile (if thats still possible)

Preferred program: Innovation & Entrepreneurship at ESADE
Other options: International Management at IE/NOVA/ESCP/BOCCONI/CBS

Male, German, 24 years old

Early high school in Germany, last three years at the German School in Lisbon
2 student exchanges in France
3 months of work and travel in the US

BA in Hospitality Management at Hotelschool The Hague in the Netherlands (#1 in the Netherlands, Top 5 worldwide)
GPA: 7.38 out of 10
Dissertation: 9/10 (very high for my university)
Internships (part of study program): 6 month F&B internship at Sheraton on Tenerife, Spain / 7 month internship at digital consulting scale up for hospitality companies in Berlin, Germany

Graduated March, 2020
Workexp. 1: Worked 8 months as a freelancer in research and translation - awarded with certificate for quality of work and customer satisfaction (Top 10% of all freelancers)
Workexp. 2: Responsible for pilot project for the European expansion of FMGC Business Analytics Scale Up in Amsterdam

Languages:

Fluent: German, English, Portuguese, Dutch
Used to be fluent (could "relearn" within 2 months if necessary): French and Spanish

Extra curricular activities:

- Heavily involved in Student Association: Academic assistance, integration of new students, gala committee
- Purchasing Manager of the student bar
- Volunteer at recruitment office: Open days, selection days

GMAT: 680 (Q46/38V)
A bit disappointing because I scored a 710 6 times in a row for my final practice exams, but I guess nervousness made a difference

I know that there are several weaknesses in my profile, but everything combined I think I have several strong points as well.
I lack the "big name" factor regarding my work experience, but not sure how relevant that is for an innovation master?

I think your profile looks good - academics, work exp, extras all look good.

Areas to think about going forward
1. Essays / Personal Statement - Even though you don't have the "big name" factor for work experience, I think universities would be more interested to see what you gained/learned from those experiences. So it will be good to highlight this in your essays.

2. GMAT - 680 isn't a bad score, but given your practice exams, if you're free you could attempt this again.

Besides that, I think your profile looks great. Once you get your offers and decide where to go, it would be good to brush up on the local language i.e. if you get into ESADE, would be good to spend 2 months refreshing Spanish / learning a bit of Catalan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Moussaillon wrote:
Moussaillon wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am considering to apply to Columbia SIPA (MPA or MIA but preferably MIA) and HKS (MPP) after my undergrad degree. I know work experience helps a lot but some students are selected straight after college. I did a lot of internship and extra curricular activities so I want to show this an as asset.

I am graduating in December 2021 and consider to apply in September for the September 2022 intake.

Background and nationality

I was born in France and lived there all my life. I also have the portuguese nationality. I am metis (my mother is from the West Indies (islands next to trinité-Tobago, Jamaica etc) and my dad's family comes from Portugal).
I speak French and English fluently (did my all BBA in English), and studied Spanish and Italian (I can have a conversation).

Undergrad Information

I am a Dean's List (Top 8%) student in the Bachelor in Business Administration from ESSEC (2nd best business school in France and best BBA of the country). I had an average of 15 - 15.5 /20 which is considered a 4.0/4.0 or a 1st class honors if I don't make any mistakes. My best grades were in classes such as economics, mathematics, and Finance where I have been the major of my promotion in many of the classes.

I did a 6 months exchange (online because of Covid) with Universita Bocconi (Bocconi SDA) where I got a Cum Laude in one out of 5 classes and an average of 26/30 to all the classes I took.

GMAT/GRE
GMAT 710 Q47 V41 IR6

Work experience and leadership

I received the highest honors in the French Baccalaureate (high school diploma for all students in France) with a Science major and a minor in mathematics.

Summer 2018: I did a summer internship at Orange (CAC40 Telco company) in the Investor Relations department in my 1st year (3 months and a half).

January 2018 - November 2018: I founded a team of 35 people and ran the campaign (8 months of preparation, 3 months of campaign) to be elected as the Students' Council (30k budget for the campaign raised with sponsors such as banks, NGO etc). We were elected with 60% of the 2600 votes. I was the President of the Student's Council during the campaign and term.

December 2018 - December 2019: During our term, we organized more than 30 events during the year for 200 to 2000 students (integration, trips, conferences, forums, parties, help with classes ...) with a budget of 200k and the help of sponsors. After our term, the Dean of the program created an award called "valorization of associative commitment" which I was awarded with 5 students for our commitment. The award is now given each year to less than 10 students (out of 600 in the program).
During the term, I was a member of the school Boards of Directors and was invited to all strategic committee and seminars, the Student Life Committee (meeting with the Dean of the school and of the several programs to propose ideas and implement them ...). I also participated to the Conference of the "Grande Ecole" where I actively participated for the "equal opportunities" "respect for others" topics etc. My participation then gave rise to the creation of a charter for the respect of others in many schools in France and to the implementation of new practices to avoid harassment.

January 2019 - May 2019: as part of my entrepreneurship class I worked as a junior consultant (part-time) for a promising startup working as a broker in cryptocurrency.

July - August 2019: I did a summer internship in a promising startup working in online education (OpenClassroom)

January 2020 - August 2020: I worked as a Junior Consultant in a Big 4 company. I was in the Tax Department in a team composed of lawyers and economists. My contract is an apprenticeship (I spend the January - August period working full time in the company and during the period from September to December I did my exchange at Bocconi as previously mentioned).

In parallel to this working experience, I helped students in my program to create a Junior Consulting Club which has been incubated by the school incubator. The Junior Enterprise created focuses on advising startups. I am working as a mentor in the club.

I also created Club of Economics which is the first and only club of Economics in the school. I am the President of a team composed of 22 students. We publish economic reports (around 2 each months), pitch stocks, monitor a virtual portoflio (better performance than the CAC40 Index), organize conferences (one each months) and trainings (2 each months) for students with professionals.

September 2019 - December 2020: Online exchange at Bocconi as I mentioned

January 2021 - August 2021: I am still working in a Big 4 company but I changed the department to learn new things. I am now working in one of the team composing the Deal Advisory division.

I will graduate in December 2021 (last semester of school in the period September - December 2021) and will have a 9 months-gap before starting my Master degree in 2022. I would like to use 3-6 months to do an internship. I will try to get one in a UN body, OECD or in a body of the French government.

I also did a Mémoire as part of my last year at school where I had the opportunity to interview famous lobbysts/lawyers working for big law firms or the US government, former EU commissionner, people working at the OECD etc. I hope that I will be able to publish my paper.
The subject was linked to the "Tax challenges arising from the digitalization of the economy".

Community and others

May 2019 - June 2019: I did volunteer work during 2 months in an island in Greece to distribute survival stuffs to refugees living in the camps.
I participate to the Food Bank event twice a year consisting of collecting food and giving it to the Food bank to help people in need.
If I can I will do an other volunteer work this summer (not sure yet)

Post Master goals

I would like to work in the public sector. My dream would be to work in one of the body of the United Nations but I am also considering more "economists" roles at the IMF, WB, OECD, ECB, EU etc.

I know my profile is more private-oriented so that's why I am trying to get a internship in the public sector to be able to talk about it during master interviews (even if the internship won't be over). I hope it's not too late to show my commitment to the public sector in general (which can be seen by my several experiences in Clubs, NGO etc).

My recommenders will probably be:
- The Dean of my program
- A Director (or 2 directors) of the Big 4 company where I work

Let me know if you need more information about my profile and many thanks in advance for your help !!

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if someone could try to do an evaluation of my profile !

Many thanks in advance for your help !!

cultureshock5889
MiMEssay

Before I get into the details, I think it's important to mention that I'm not fully familiar with the nuances of the programmes you've mentioned at SIPA/HKS. MiMEssay may be better placed to give you an assessment. Nonetheless, I'll try my best.

Competitiveness of the programmes
SIPA - As you've pointed out, they usually prefer individuals with work experience. But around 5-10% of admits come straight from undergrad so it is not impossible.
HKS - Same here. Their website says they prefer if you have >2 years of experience, but it's a preference rather than a requirement.

Either way, both programmes are very competitive and it will be challenging. If you're really keen on a masters, I would recommend applying to a few 'safe' schools to spread your risk and manage your expectations. Sciences-Po might be a good option to look at. One of the best in political science, but may value your profile more given they may not require full-time work experience (you would need to check this though, I'm not 100% certain).

Overall profile
Your profile looks good. Academically, you're strong. Your extra-curricular activities show you've been taking leadership roles and working in teams. There's definitely enough there to talk about in your application essays.

One concern (as you have pointed out) is the lack of experience in international affairs/public policy. I know you mentioned that you plan to intern in a public sector role before the masters, but this won't be reflected in your application. So even if you have one by the time of the interview, you'll need to sell yourself as a strong candidate to be invited for the interview.

Selling yourself
Focus more on the things you've done that reflect an interest in international affairs.
1. Student Council work with NGOs
2. Your experience speaking to people when preparing the Mémoire
3. Volunteer work in Greece
4. If you get a chance while you're still working at the Big4, you could try to get involved in the public sector consulting work they do.
5. Mention specific modules you've done that sparked your interest in the public sector - maybe something related to public economics or the interaction between fiscal and monetary policy.
6. If there's a professor at ESSEC who has expertise in public sector work, I would encourage you to ask him/her to write a recommendation instead of the Dean. It would generally hold more weight if an expert in your chosen field sells you as a passionate candidate (compared to the Dean who may be viewed as a 'Generalist').

A side note which is completely optional: maybe you can start a blog/website where you write about international affairs/public policy that you're passionate about. It's important to remember that MPP/MPA/MIA programmes (in general) value the way you convey your thoughts in writing.

Hope everything works for you. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to send me a private message.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
me971402 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I’m at the moment very nervous regarding my masters and would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice/evaluation.

I’m studying in German at a Top 5 school a mixture between business and computer science. My final GPA will be around 3.1-3.0

I finished several internships
-Investment banking at a large Italian bank
-mid-sized investment management/PE
-renewables start up in bizDev
-Controlling intern at a real estate firm
-Business Intelligence at a large e commerce

The internships all lasted 3 months.
I also volunteered before my studies at an orphanage in Africa.

My gmat target score is 710-720. I know it will be difficult but having a Goal certainly eases the study phase.

My target schools:
HEC (MiM), Bocconi (MFin), St. Gallen (MaccFin), SSE (MFin)

Thanks again for your help!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey me971402!

Academically, your undergrad GPA showcases your academic prowess which coupled with your international exposure (Education in Germany and Volunteership in Africa) will help differentiate you from the crowd. Most schools are looking to add diversity to their cohort and your background gives you a unique perspective which definitely provides a valuable addition to their program. Furthermore, the brand of your undergraduate college - ranking among the top 5 colleges in Germany, gives your profile a boost as schools tend to pick out applicants from the top schools of each country.

Coming to your work experience, you have taken up numerous internships in diverse fields ranging from Investment management to eCommerce. However, what seems to be lacking is the presence of big brands, but you can compensate for the same by providing an apt reason as to why you chose these firms, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took, and any kind of impact created to showcase a competitive profile.

As for your extracurriculars, your volunteering roles for social causes in Africa showcases your strong interest in developing your profile holistically by highlighting your ability to spearhead initiatives, impact others, and to empathize with other people - the traits desired by the Adcoms of the top B schools. Although, you can further build your extracurricular front by shedding some light on the endeavors you took up in any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or volunteered in during your undergrad and thus bring out varied skills in your profile.
Moving forward, scoring a GMAT score in the expected range of 710-720 will allow you to easily target almost all the top B schools that you’ve mentioned such as HEC, St. Gallen, Bocconi, and SSE. However, be mindful about the fact that a 49+ in the Quants section is what you should target in order to strengthen your pitch for an MSc Finance.

On this note, here is a division of the schools that you are currently targeting in the dream, competitive, and safe category:

Dream (around 40-50% chance of acceptance): St. Gallen, HEC
Competitive (around 60-70% chance of acceptance): Bocconi, SSC

Some other schools that you can be targeting to hedge your bets wisely and ensure a successful admit are - LBS, ESSEC, ESCP, and FSFM.

All things considered, while you have a competitive profile, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs, and Resume) that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses in order to differentiate your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, that has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalizing the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1751
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sauvik wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC,St Gallen, ESCP, ESSEC, Bocconi), MiM Program.
This is my profile

I am 22 years old and have just graduated in Bba in 2020 with 7.68 cgpa.I was in the top 10 students in the 1st year of my college.
Class 10 - 81.67%
Class 12 - 79%
I have a few certifications like marketing analytics and corporate finance. My hobbies are drawing cartoons,mobile photography and 3d modelling.I was also in the top 10 of my batch in the first year of college(certificate).I am aiming for GMAT score of 680+. What are my chances of getting into the above mentioned schools ?? Thank you

Hi Sauvik,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MiM aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – good GPA and percentile. Would also like to know from where you did your undergrad?

GMAT – Well, 680+ is a fine score to target for a reasonable chance in the mentioned school list.

Work Experience – While MiM programs do not require work experience, but having some sort of professional experience/internship gives you an edge. We see that you completed your graduation in 2020. Any internship/professional experience? The following link will help you to understand the requirements for MiM applications-https://www.aringo.com/masters-in-management/.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Very interesting hobbies. Try having more talking points around this (e.g. if your cartoons have published anywhere, what kind of 3D modeling, etc.). Having a few certifications is another positive point. Also, any volunteer work?

School list – From what we see, the school list looks fine. But we would be able to give better insights about your chances once we have your GMAT scores and the above information.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info once you are done with your GMAT on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V30
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Kudos
hey
harshvardhan here
nationality- indian
age- 22 at the time of joining
I'm pursuing my B.tech from one of the top 10 university in my country
Cgpa 7.49
i have a gmat of 720(Q50, V38)
my targeted schools are HEC paris, Essec, ESCP
as far as my experience is concerned i've done a lot of internships in marketing and sales at renowned companies as well as startups and have also done an research internship
i also have my own startup which is in it's initial phase and we are hiring people to get more recognition as well as clients currently we have 10 full time employees and 15 interns under me and we are putting a lot of effort to expand our business and we are generating revenue and think we can do better in future
as for co curriculars i've founded our own club and i'm managing around 40 people in that and am a part of various clubs in my college technical as well as non technical, i've also presented a research paper which will soon get published.
as for my extra curriculars i've worked with different NGOs and are currently working with Human fir Human and are helping them to get funds for their latest campaign which is to provide concentrators in rural area in this covid scenario.
I'm also a part of Enactus ISB
please let me know what are my chances in the mentioned schools
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I would like to make an important update on French schools for international candidates.

In France, the system is very very elitist. Really HEC and ESSEC will take the most important jobs in business. There is also SciencesPo and Polytechnique. These 4 schools make most of the elite positions in France.

You take a "risk" (moderate but true) if you go to ESCP, EM Lyon, Edhec. These schools are not bad, but in that case, you better go to a leading school in an another country in Europe or in the world (EXCEPT if you want to stay in France).

HEC is really by far the best school to go to. ESSEC is a good school but less known on an international scale than HEC.

What I am saying is that you will be behind all these candidates in job interviews and for the rest of your career. France is a very very elitist country, where studies have an abnormal importance (which I find totally ridiculous but it is true and very observable in promotions throughout your career).

Especially if you come from abroad, do take it into account this advice. Also, do not expect French people to speak English. You better be fluent in French or else finding a job will be super hard.

To summarise, be open and it is always better to go to a leading B-schools in a country for future opportunities. With regards to countries with excellent opportunities, I can recommend the UK, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, etc...

Also, when choosing your schools take into consideration the price of your degree. Students are not cash-cows and shame on the schools that ask extraordinarily high prices for their degrees :)

All the best with your choices :)

Originally posted by Art200 on 12 Nov 2021, 03:10.
Last edited by Art200 on 21 Nov 2021, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q50 V20
Send PM
Kudos
I just want to know as an engineering student in what type of specialization I can join for masters( finance, marketing, management, etc)

how the course is structured in business schools mainly in MIM program and others also.

I am planning to come back to India to join my family business after gaining experience of course. ( peanut butter manufacture and marketing, so finance and marketing will be the main focus point if any other suggestion would love to know. )
don't know what to do in my masters and what will help me most. what will be the best strategy? any recommendation for profit-building for masters. any suggestion is appreciated.

planning on giving GMAT in Jan-2022.
thanks,
Pinakin patel
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (St Gallen, HEC, LBS, ESCP, ESSEC, ESADE) MiM Program.
Here's some insight to my profile
20-year old man from India.
I've scored 90% in my class 10th and 12th.
I'll be graduating this year my Bachelor with Major in Mathematics and minor in Statistics in the top university in my country (University of Delhi) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (American system) and I'll be joining a local bank as a junior associate after my graduation;
My GMAT score is 750 (V42,Q50)
I have Data Analytics certification using R from John Hopkins University via Coursera and I'm an avid reader for topics related to geopolitics, blockchain(crypto) and universe(space stuff). I'm planning to learn some foreign languages too.
I have no internship experience but I've represented my state in Cricket at National Level and held many position of responsibilities related to college societies & events and I've also been the student ambassador for biggest internship platform for students in my country(though I didn't had any internship experience myself). I've also volunteered for National Service Scheme for one year.
I don't have any student exchange semester either due to Covid situation in my country.

I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools or any other school in Europe, thanks a lot for your time!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
paocane wrote:
Hi everyone, could you help me with a profile evaluation? I am planning to apply to the MiM of two universities in France: EDHEC and TBS (Toulouse Business School):

- I am 22 years old, I am from Venezuela and I just received my Bachelor in Business Administration (a 4-year program).
- My CGPA was 8.21/10 and in terms of percentage it was 82.1% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA. I ranked No. 4 of my class out of the other 53 graduates.
- I took the GMAT last week and got 640 (42Q, 36V, 5IR, waiting for the score of the AWA).
- My TOELF score is 97/120.
- During my studies I did a 6-month internship at Telefónica (a major Spanish telecommunications company). I mainly managed some projects for their Foundation and supported the external communications.
- Also I was Professor Assistant of the couse "Finance I" at my university. I prepared classes for students and help them with their questions about concepts or class problems.
- I have 2 volunteer work experiences.
- My goal: I want to specialize in Finance, but I am planning to MiM programs because I feel that I don't have enough experience to apply to MSc in Finance yet.

Thanks!

Hello paocane hope you are doing well

My two cents- Fairly decent profile and you have a good chance of getting an admit especially since you are from Venezuela (an under-represented nationality in business schools). Make sure you demonstrate strong leadership capability, an agile personality, motivation to fast track your career, and a conscientious career plan in your essays to present a strong case for your candidacy.

I think you are wise in your decision not to consider MSc at this point since by doing a MiM program which can be a much longer course, you would also be mitigating the risk of not finding a job immediately in foreign geography. MiM is a general management course that would enable you to explore a variety of roles if you plan to work in France/EU after. Your options would be extremely limited after an MSc Finance at this point.

Best wishes to you
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
TanyaVarshney7 wrote:
Hello! I am Tanya Varshney based in India. I have my under grad in BTech CSE with a cloud specialization which i completed in 2020 with a cgpa of 7.3/10. After my grad i was an intern in an IT company and then continued to work as developer in the same company. It has been almost 1.5 years of work experience.
I am fluent in english as i have studied all my life in english based schools and universities. But will be taking toefl ibt for the best.
I have done a digital marketing course from google to get a hold of management course a bit by bit. I am preparing to give GMAT within these two months.
I have major interest in MBA in luxury and fashion but due to lack of work ex i am opting mim.
I have some shortlisted aimed colleges for MBA and MIM and they are as given below-
For MBA- NYU stern, LBS, HEC, BBS, INSEAD (to be noted these are the top tier that i am aiming)
FOR MIM- HEC, LBS, IE buisness school, Michigan (ross), Erasmus(RSM)
It would be really helpful if i could know a perspective from an experienced person in this dilemma of choices.

Hi TanyaVarshney7 hope this finds you in good health

At this point, your profile is more suitable for a MiM than for an MBA program since you have only 1.5 years of work experience. In order to demonstrate a conscientious arc, it would be good to have some side projects/passion projects that corroborate your interest in pursuing business roles in the luxury and fashion/ retail management field. Having other extracurriculars will also play into differentiating your profile further.
Feel free to reach out if you need guidance.

Best wishes
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
THLind wrote:
Hello everyone!

I would love some input on what to focus on during my last year of Bachelor Studies to improve my chanches of getting into a top MiM.

Background
- 21 year old male, adopted from South Korea, but grew up in Sweden

Education
- Lund University School of Economics and Management (2nd best Business School in Sweden while LU is considered Swedens overall best University)
- 3.8/4.0 if converted into the american system
- Enrolled into our Honors Program for the top 5% of the cohort, where I studied 20 extra ECTS during year 2

International Experience
- Participated in a Case Competition at Iceland
- Doing a summer Internship in a global firm (Think F50)
- Will do an Internship in Copenhagen during the autumn

Extracurricular
- Was one of ~30 that participated in national training camps for the best handball players (in my age) in Sweden during High School, where I moved as a 16 year old to pursue training parallell to my studies
- 2 years in our student union: Started as a sponsoring coordinator for our career fair -> Project Leader for a career event (budget 20K EUR) -> Part of our Council that budgets, recruits and decides on other major decisions -> Founded a Consulting Society
- Decent results in various Case Competitions
- Member of Nova Talent

All Noteable Professional Experience
- Summer 2020: Wrote pilot-studies for a large investment project and ran a restaurant with my friend (Not listed on my CV due to space)
- Spring/Summer 2021: Business Development Intern at a large fashion company in Sweden
- Late summer/Early autumn 2021: Copy-writing and SEO for a start-up (this is not listed on my CV due to space)
- Nov - Present: Management Consultant for a firm run by Students across faculties at Lund University
- Summer Internship 2022: F50 Company in FMCG as Sales Intern
- Internship Autumn 2022: Start-up consultancy created by ex Bain Partners

Target Schools and goals
1. HEC Paris or LBS
2. Insead
3. Gallen, LSE or Bocconi
4. SSE International Business

My goal is to pursue a career in consulting, where MBB is top of mind. Moreover, I want to do an exit into either PE or Luxury Fashion (Fashion is a great interest of mine)

My Questions
Considering the above, I have the following that I would love to have some input on!

- What GMAT Range might be sufficient for me? At the moment, I am aiming 680+, is that too low?
- Which round makes most sense to apply in? Considering that my autumn Internship starts Sep 5th (one of the partners is a LBS Alumn)
- How would you, overall, rate my application profile? Are my target schools to ambitious? Reasonable?
- Any areas that I should focus on during my last year to improve my chanches? (Besides GMAT and IELTS)

@THLind

- What GMAT Range might be sufficient for me? At the moment, I am aiming 680+, is that too low?

Your profile is a differentiated one. The diversity factor and academic prowess will favor your candidacy. I suggest you aim for at least 700 on GMAT to have a balanced overall profile.

- Which round makes most sense to apply in? Considering that my autumn Internship starts Sep 5th (one of the partners is a LBS Alumn)

Depends on how soon can you get a decent GMAT score and get done with the essays/SOPs etc.
R1 or R2 would be ideal. As long as you are able to corroborate your internships through offer letters etc., you need not worry about completing the internship by the time you apply. You may also apply in R3 if you wish to reflect on your internship experience in your application.

- How would you, overall, rate my application profile? Are my target schools to ambitious? Reasonable?

If you execute your applications well, you may be able to get into the top priority schools on your list. Your professional experience looks diverse and promising. Highlight your consulting and investment projects at the top of your resume. Note that international motivation is an important criterion for LBS, INSEAD, and HEC, so make sure you address this in detail. You may also reflect on your own experience of growing up as an ethnic Asian in Sweden.

- Any areas that I should focus on during my last year to improve my chanches? (Besides GMAT and IELTS)[/quote]

Not necessarily a weak area but I do not see any social impact participation on your resume. Associating with some volunteering work would balance and complement your strong professional and academic inclinations.
Do due diligence on how your long term goal in VC Fashion aligns with the activities/projects you have associated with till date.

Feel free to connect should you need guidance.

Regards
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts