Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5736 [2]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would repost your question here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... 4/?fl=menu

You are far more likely to get a response going right to the consultant's page.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 231
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey everyone,

I would like to apply to a few European MiM programs next year.
My profile is as follows:

Male, 25, from Germany

GPA: 4.0 (1,5 on the German Scale, Top 10%)

GMAT: 640 (1st attempt)

TOEFL: not taken yet, but aiming for 100+

International experience: none, but really would like to gain some (had no possibility during my bachelors degree)

Work experience:
- 3 years sales (during my bachelor degree; a joint program with a well known, international insurer)
- 3 months Big4 audit
- 2,5 years in consulting (fulltime in a smaller boutique; operations & strategy projects)
- 1 year as a business analyst (insurance)
- I also gained several certificates in project management, programming, soft skills, etc. (most of them on a voluntary basis in addition to my actual work)

Extras:
- I was a martial arts coach during the last 3 years of high school and trained kids, as well as adults
- voluntary financial coach for kids (visited schools and taught the fundamentals of money)
- initiated a small, local project against racism and discrimination

The programs I would like to apply for (from most favorite to least favorite): Mannheim (MMM), WU Vienna (SIMC, MiM or CEMS), SSE (MiM or CEMS)

How would you rate my chances?
I thought about retaking the GMAT, as I scored slightly higher in the official mocks (~660-680). But due to Covid, it is not possible for me to take another offline test, so I would need to try the online-version (which could affect my score negatively).

Are there any others good business schools that could be in my range?

Thanks in advance.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone, I request the experts to evaluate and predict the chances I have for a MiM program in HEC Paris, ESSEC, Fuqua, Cornell, ESCP, Bocconi, basically any of the top 15 MiM programs.

23 years old, Indian National, Male.
I graduated in 2018 with Bachelor of Commerce Honors, with a 3.05 GPA out of 4 from a state university.

A GMAT score of 720, Q49 V40.

I currently have 3 Internship experiences,
1) Indian FMCG Company as a Finance Intern,
2) Research Associate at Kolkata Based Research Firm,
3) Teaching Faculty at Boddhi Tree Foundation (NGO).

I have worked for about a year in my father's company, where I managed Finance to logistics to compliances. Currently, I am working in the FMCG Company, where I interned, and volunteering in an NGO.

10th standard Score- 8.4 CGPA out of 10, 12th (Majored in Commerce)- 75%.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
me971402 wrote:
me971402 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I’m at the moment very nervous regarding my masters and would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice/evaluation.

I’m studying in German at a Top 5 school a mixture between business and computer science. My final GPA will be around 3.1-3.0

I finished several internships
-Investment banking at a large Italian bank
-mid-sized investment management/PE
-renewables start up in bizDev
-Controlling intern at a real estate firm
-Business Intelligence at a large e commerce

The internships all lasted 3 months.
I also volunteered before my studies at an orphanage in Africa.

My gmat target score is 710-720. I know it will be difficult but having a Goal certainly eases the study phase.

My target schools:
HEC (MiM), Bocconi (MFin), St. Gallen (MaccFin), SSE (MFin)

Thanks again for your help!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey guys, if someone could also have a look at my profile it would be much appreciated. I forgot to mention MFin ESSEC as another possibility. Thanks a lot!

Overall, your profile looks good.

Academics
Is your GPA on a 0-4 scale? If it is, then 3.0-3.1 would probably be on the lower end for some of the schools you mentioned. A strong GMAT could possibly help balance this out. Try to hit above the average for each school. There are some schools e.g. Bocconi that are quite particular about high GPAs but most schools will evaluate your profile holistically.

Internships
Your experience is across quite a few industries so it would be important to mention how all this relates to a future career in finance/management when you write your essays/personal statement.

Programme choice
Noticed that you are quite keen on finance but have opted for the HEC MiM. There may be a story behind this but I would assume that the Masters in International Finance at HEC might suit your finance theme a bit better. Regardless, there will be finance modules on the HEC MiM too. Just something to consider.

Additional tips
1. Identify your career goals and have a good story of how the masters will help you achieve that.
2. If your future career options are in finance, I would focus on selling the combination of business and computer science that you're studying. Lots of large banks are now trying to compete with traditional tech companies for talent. So your degree combination + masters in finance/management would be a good fit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC, St Gallen, ESCP, IE, ESSEC, Bocconi, LBS), MiM Program.
This is my profile

I am 22 years old and have just graduated from Techno India Saltlake(WBUT) in Bba in 2020 with 7.61 cgpa. I was in the top 3 students in the 1st year of my college.
Class 10 - 81.67%
Class 12 - 79%
I have a few certifications like marketing analytics, corporate finance, and communication in a virtual world. My hobbies are drawing cartoons, mobile photography(CERTIFICATE), and 3d modeling. Worked in Ngo for a couple of months.I am aiming for a GMAT score of 680+. What are my chances of getting into the above-mentioned schools ?? Thank you

Originally posted by Sauvik on 24 May 2021, 02:16.
Last edited by Sauvik on 27 May 2021, 12:26, edited 4 times in total.
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [2]
Given Kudos: 1510
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
MiMEssay Admissionado ARINGO, we could use your help here. Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [2]
Given Kudos: 68
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
A 21-year old man is so young. I think you should spend a few more years to get more work experiences.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [3]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
alberto14 wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC,St Gallen, ESCP, ESSEC, Bocconi), MiM Program.
This is my profile
21-year old man from Italy.
I'm graduating this year my Bachelor in Economics and Business in one of the top 2 business school in my country (LUISS University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);
GMAT score 690 (V38,Q47)
I have no internship but I've been working for two years as a certified Tennis Chair Umpire in the highest national level (First League and Italian championships).
I have international experience as I spent one year of high school in the United States as an exchange student and I took part to the structured partnership between LUISS and Utrecht University, which allowed me to do the second year of my Bachelor in Utrecht.
Extracurricular activities: I have been playing tennis at national level since I was 10 and I'm currently member of my university tennis team.
I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!

Hello alberto14,

Your profile does fit for the MIM program. These programs are very highly ranked and admit aspirants with less or no experience. You could also consider the INSEAD MIM program too. You could leverage your background in sports to talk about what got you interested in management. Playing sports requires a lot of discipline and drive to focus on your goal. These programs also have good tennis clubs that you could contribute to. I am assuming you would be looking for a 2021 intake. I suggest go ahead and apply.

regards,
Shree
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2147 [4]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
alberto14 wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC,St Gallen, ESCP, ESSEC, Bocconi), MiM Program.
This is my profile
21-year old man from Italy.
I'm graduating this year my Bachelor in Economics and Business in one of the top 2 business school in my country (LUISS University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);
GMAT score 690 (V38,Q47)
I have no internship but I've been working for two years as a certified Tennis Chair Umpire in the highest national level (First League and Italian championships).
I have international experience as I spent one year of high school in the United States as an exchange student and I took part to the structured partnership between LUISS and Utrecht University, which allowed me to do the second year of my Bachelor in Utrecht.
Extracurricular activities: I have been playing tennis at national level since I was 10 and I'm currently member of my university tennis team.
I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!

Hi, Welcome to GMATClub. You have a well-mixed profile at the age of 21. With your 690 GMAT score, you will have high chances to get admission in the above school with good Essays and strong recommendations. Pl focus on. All the best.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [4]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hey alberto14,

Well, you have a pretty good profile as such - GPA and exchange programs work in favor of you. This would definitely help you outrun some of the competition in initial application screening.
You need to highlight your extra-curriculars through your essays and your college rankings also work in favor of you.
690 in GMAT is a decent score and for the schools that you have mentioned, I will categorize the same on the basis of a dream, competitive and safe.

Dream ( 40-50% selection chances) -- St. Gallen (though st.gallen has the small class size you have a good profile so you can target the same with a strong application), HEC
Competitive (60-70% selection chances) -- ESCP, ESSEC
Safe (70-80% selection chances) -- Bocconi

If you are planning to apply for fall 2020 do let me know I would be happy to help you with your applications. You can check out of All in one service to know more about how I can help you with your applications, school selection, essays, LOR’s scholarships, and interview.
https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one?gcf

If you have any doubts let me know I would be happy to schedule a call and discuss them on call.

PS - You would be amazed to know the initial 20 minutes call in absolutely free:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sanjana28 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm Sanjana Sanjay and right now I live in Bangalore, India.

I have recently been offered admission into the MIM programs at ESSEC and INSEAD. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

ESSEC's programme has been in existence for a long time and its employment report is excellent. Moreover, it gives me more opportunities to work and undertake internships.

INSEAD has started the MIM programme only this year and therefore there are no employment stats or alumni for me to rely on. However, it has outstanding brand value and is considered the place to go to for consulting.

INSEAD has a one year programme while the ESSEC programme is two years.

Given that I aspire to enter the consulting industry, I'm confused between these schools. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations (ignoring the financial aspect of the studies)?

I would highly welcome and appreciate any input :)

Hello Sanjana28,

I am assuming you have less than 2 years of experience. My recommendation would be to go for the ESSEC program.

1. As it's a 2 years program. For someone with less experience - a 2-year program will help more to get the most of the program.
2. Europe values MIM a lot more than in Asia. In terms of job options, post-MIM in Europe is better. ( not considering the current situation).
3. ESSEC has exchange programs to other schools as part of the program. The class is also very diverse in terms of international candidates. Not very sure of INSEAD as it's the first batch.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
CrackVerbalShree

Thank you so much for the input!

INSEAD doesn't have any exchange programmes; they only offer field trips to a few countries as part of the course.

Given that the campuses of both colleges are in the same areas, my main considerations are the employment prospects and brand value that comes along with doing an MIM from the respective college. With these aspects in mind and in spite of the reputation that INSEAD has globally, would ESSEC still be a better fit?

And also yes, I have less than two years of experience. In fact, I will be graduating from my undergraduate programme in May 2020 and have done only one corporate internship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [2]
Send PM
Kudos