Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT LGO fellow applicant for LGO program starting in 2010 [#permalink]
I wonder if more invites will go out today... This is kind of silly, but at what time of the day did you guys/girls get your invites?

Ahhhh I can't get my mind off of this! So much investment of time and energy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
awfulgmat wrote:
I wonder if more invites will go out today... This is kind of silly, but at what time of the day did you guys/girls get your invites?

Ahhhh I can't get my mind off of this! So much investment of time and energy.

4:30 P.M. EST
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
HERM3S wrote:
awfulgmat wrote:
[
Hey Hermes,

What makes you say "although they stress that if you don't hear from them in the next day or two they are sending out invites through March 8th, regardless of the interview fest."? Was there something in the email expressing this?

Yeah, in the interview invite it said to let friends and colleagues know this, as with them doing on-sight interviews on specific days I am figuring they do not want people to automatically assume they were dinged if they did not get an interview invite in the next few days.

that gives me some hope!...i havent heard anything yet!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Masters in Engineering; top school in US. President: student association. Captain- soccer team. Local music band guitarist
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Haas EWMBA, Chicago Booth, UCLA Anderson
Send PM
Hey Guys - good to see this forum dedicated to LGO. Count me in as an applicant.
- 690 GMAT (47Q/37V)
- 6.5 years broad Operations, Supply Chain, Sales Support Experience with Fortune 50 company
- Graduate degree in Engineering (3.55 GPA)
Congrats to everyone who has received invites so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. The stress is distracting...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm feeling pretty discouraged at this point. If they interview 100 people at interview fest, how many more people do you really think they're going to invite otherwise?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Masters in Engineering; top school in US. President: student association. Captain- soccer team. Local music band guitarist
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Haas EWMBA, Chicago Booth, UCLA Anderson
Send PM
Good point - but where are you getting the 100 nmber from? plus..in spirit of keeping hope alive - i will assume they are no where near that mark yet :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
I have no idea what is the percentage of interview invite out of total applicants. I do know the overall acceptance rate is ~ 20%. So for a LGO class of 50, we are looking at total applicants between 200-250.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
From last year...https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=78673.81&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools

Seems like most people they interview and admit would have an invitation by now. But who knows.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Glad to hear there is a forum for this!

I got 680 and have a bit over 10 years of experience in Operations. I am an Electrical Engineer from Chile currently living in Canada.

Some questions:

1. Did the people that receive the invitations applied close to the deadline or before? I would think it is relevant.

2. Also, I read on the Sloan website (cannot recall where) that they first send invitations to the people they are not sure if they will accept and later to the people that for sure is accepted, as they interview all people accepted, any comments on that?

3. Last year 250 people applied, does anybody have any clue how many applied this year? I heard that in general MBA applications had a substantial increase from last year and I am wondering if this plus the name change of the program making it more atractive to people interested in operations in general and not exclusively manufacturing will also result in an increase in applicants. Should we say 400 applicants?

Comments?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT (LGO)
Send PM
mczapata wrote:
1. Did the people that receive the invitations applied close to the deadline or before? I would think it is relevant.

I submitted my application on the morning of Dec 15th. This question was posed during LGO Ambassador Day, and the adcom stated that there is no advantage to submitting an application early. It is not a rolling admissions process, so they didn't start reviewing applications until after Dec 15th.

mczapata wrote:
3. Last year 250 people applied, does anybody have any clue how many applied this year? I heard that in general MBA applications had a substantial increase from last year and I am wondering if this plus the name change of the program making it more atractive to people interested in operations in general and not exclusively manufacturing will also result in an increase in applicants. Should we say 400 applicants?

I would agree that the state of the economy, plus the rebranding of the program to more generally cover operations has likely resulted in an increase in applications. Exactly how many, can't really say. But I would expect about the same number of invitations to InterviewFest as last year since the format is looking to be exactly the same.

Originally posted by ndsheth8 on 07 Jan 2010, 15:42.
Last edited by ndsheth8 on 07 Jan 2010, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mczapata wrote:
Glad to hear there is a forum for this!

I got 680 and have a bit over 10 years of experience in Operations. I am an Electrical Engineer from Chile currently living in Canada.

Some questions:

2. Also, I read on the Sloan website (cannot recall where) that they first send invitations to the people they are not sure if they will accept and later to the people that for sure is accepted, as they interview all people accepted, any comments on that?

Comments?

1. I doubt the time the app was submitted has any relevance.
2. I don't think this is true based on the people I've seen invited so far (above average GMAT/GPA/Experience). They appear to be very strong applicants and match the LGO profile.
3. No idea...

On a side note, I don't know why they inform those invited to tell everyone else they still have a shot. I wonder what the chances are. 20% -> 1/2% Haha
Intern
Intern
Send PM
awfulgmat wrote:
On a side note, I don't know why they inform those invited to tell everyone else they still have a shot. I wonder what the chances are. 20% -> 1/2% Haha

They wouldn't say it unless there was some chance :)

It's possible that some people could decline the InterviewFest invitation if they already heard back from another school they prefer over LGO. Maybe a few more of you will hear something in the next couple days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Haha thanks for the encouragement sheth.

Were you at the ambassador day?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
I was at the LGO ambassador day :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see. On Business Week I read that normal Sloan R1 applicants have already started receiving negative results. Being that the official deadline for R1 is February 1 I wonder how they are receiving decisions this early. Should the applicants to LGO expect the same or is it going to be purgatory until March 8th?

I went to the ambassador day as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mczapata wrote:
I see. On Business Week I read that normal Sloan R1 applicants have already started receiving negative results. Being that the official deadline for R1 is February 1 I wonder how they are receiving decisions this early. Should the applicants to LGO expect the same or is it going to be purgatory until March 8th?

I went to the ambassador day as well.

Yeah I was at Ambassador Day, it was what convinced me to move forward with my application.

I think the LGO process is unique, so we probably can't compare against the normal Sloan applicants. From all that I've read about the process from previous years, I don't believe anyone received a final decision until the first Sunday in March. That's when all the admits, waitlists, and dings officially go out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For my own personal sanity, I'm just going to assume I'm dinged if I don't hear anything by the end of tomorrow. This whole experience has weighed heavily on my psyche and I just need to move on.

Originally posted by awfulgmat on 07 Jan 2010, 16:27.
Last edited by awfulgmat on 28 Oct 2010, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10