Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V31
GMAT 2: 590 Q32 V38
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Mock 1 analysis help needed. [#permalink]
Mock 2 score and analysis

Q33 (38%ile)
V22 (27%ile)

Quant = 20/37 correct

19/31 Ps correct
1/7 Ds correct

Verbal = 23/41 Correct

Sc= 7/12 correct
Rc= 7/14 correct (1 entire rc guessed 0/3)
CR= 9/15 correct ( last 0/4 cr guessed)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 04-19-2012
Send PM
Stop taking practice tests! You clearly see you have a lot to work on- not a bad thing but taking tests isin't going to help that. Get the manhattan gmat guides and build your foundation well. Tackle each category (ex rate problems) until you have no trouble with them, and only then move on. This could take a solid month. However, do this and then start taking practice tests. This test is all about knowing your basics cold.. you can take 100 practice tests, your not going to improve without learning the material well...

Also, I disagree with the above comment that the last question is as important as the first. This is more false on quant. When you get to your last three questions, the computer knows your level.. your not going to change the score that much, even if you were to get the last three all wrong. As a matter of fact, I got my highest quant score , 48, on gmat prep when I got the last 5 wrong but most of the first 15 right...

Also- Based on the list of schools you are applying for, I would give myself a solid three months to work on the gmat... do you realistically think you'll be ready on 9/24? You can prep and take in november/december and apply round 2....
Director
Director
Send PM
transfer9858 wrote:
Stop taking practice tests! You clearly see you have a lot to work on- not a bad thing but taking tests isin't going to help that. Get the manhattan gmat guides and build your foundation well. Tackle each category (ex rate problems) until you have no trouble with them, and only then move on. This could take a solid month. However, do this and then start taking practice tests. This test is all about knowing your basics cold.. you can take 100 practice tests, your not going to improve without learning the material well...

Also, I disagree with the above comment that the last question is as important as the first. This is more false on quant. When you get to your last three questions, the computer knows your level.. your not going to change the score that much, even if you were to get the last three all wrong. As a matter of fact, I got my highest quant score , 48, on gmat prep when I got the last 5 wrong but most of the first 15 right...

Also- Based on the list of schools you are applying for, I would give myself a solid three months to work on the gmat... do you realistically think you'll be ready on 9/24? You can prep and take in november/december and apply round 2....

I am already through with Mgmat num prop, word trans and geometry and you can see my OG accuracy in the above post of mine....Most of them are above 80%. I am very much comfortable with those concepts and i clearly understood each word before i preceded further. I am comfortable doing problems from all section uptill 650 and beyond that i get confused.

I know my scores are saying the polar opposite side of it.....But i have checked that while doing OG problems and GC quant thread problems too....

The reason i started taking mocks were to increase my stamina as i have to rush in the last 10 questions of both QA and VA....Aslo i have seen a pattern in QA i get 7-10 questions wrong in first 20 and then i get last 5-6 wrong in last 7 questions and this is the reason my scores dont go up even if i get 24/37 correct.

You are right i have the postpone the gmat to R2 no other option...and also i will again revise the concepts on weekly basis.
GMAT Club Bot