It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mr. Janeck: I don t believe Stevenson will win the election

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP
P
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests
Re: Mr. Janeck: I don t believe Stevenson will win the election [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2017, 06:17
Imo A
Mr. Janeck suggests that Mr Stevenson is unqualified for the Job of a governor since he does not posses political experience.
Only A follows from the argument .

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Verbal Forum Moderator
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2017, 07:38
Merged topics. Please, search before posting questions!

Please Read: Verbal Posting Rules

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.29
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2017, 04:39
seekmba wrote:
Mr. Janeck: I don’t believe Stevenson will win the election for governor. Few voters are willing to elect a businessman with no political experience to such a responsible public office.
Ms. Siuzdak: You’re wrong. The experience of running a major corporation is a valuable preparation for the task of running a state government.

M. Siuzdak’s response shows that she has interpreted Mr. Janeck’s remark to imply which of the following?
(A) Mr. Janeck considers Stevenson unqualified for the office of governor.
(B) No candidate without political experience has ever been elected governor of a state.
(C) Mr. Janeck believes that political leadership and business leadership are closely analogous.
(D) A career spent in the pursuit of profit can be an impediment to one’s ability to run a state government fairly.
(E) Voters generally overestimate the value of political experience when selecting a candidate

Conclusion of Siuzdak - Stevenson can win an election.
Premise - The experience of running a major corporation is a valuable preparation for the task of running a state government - this gives Stevenson a fair shot.

Only - A is close enough.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2017, 10:23
Mr. Janeck: I don’t believe Stevenson will win the election for governor. Few voters are willing to elect a businessman with no political experience to such a responsible public office.
Ms. Siuzdak: You’re wrong. The experience of running a major corporation is a valuable preparation for the task of running a state government.

M. Siuzdak’s response shows that she has interpreted Mr. Janeck’s remark to imply which of the following?
(A) Mr. Janeck considers Stevenson unqualified for the office of governor. Correct
(B) No candidate without political experience has ever been elected governor of a state.OOS
(C) Mr. Janeck believes that political leadership and business leadership are closely analogous.Mr. Janeck doesn't compare both domains.
(D) A career spent in the pursuit of profit can be an impediment to one’s ability to run a state government fairly.We don't know reasoning behind people's preference.
(E) Voters generally overestimate the value of political experience when selecting a candidateWe don't know whether voter's underestimate or overestimate the value of political experience. No info provided to make such claim.
Director
Director
G
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member CAT Tests
CR(LSAT): Mr. Janeck: I don’t believe Stevenson will win [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:26
(A) Mr. Janeck considers Stevenson unqualified for the office of governor.
(B) No candidate without political experience has ever been elected governor of a state.
(C) Mr. Janeck believes that political leadership and business leadership are closely analogous.
(D) A career spent in the pursuit of profit can be an impediment to one’s ability to run a state government fairly.
(E) Voters generally overestimate the value of political experience when selecting a candidate.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: CR(LSAT): Mr. Janeck: I don’t believe Stevenson will win [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 21:02
A??

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/url]
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 22:35
how can answer be A?... S counter J by mentioning experience.. it should be E
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 22:49
Your understanding is wrong! The question states that in what way has siu interpreted Jan!

Meaning what did she understand from Jan' comment!

Jan says that only few will vote for Stevenson because he has no political experience. Thereby stating that he is unqualified for office

B,C,D,E are OOS

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/url]
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 16:20
Hello,

it seems that Mr. Janeck's argument focuses only on why voters wouldn't vote for Stevenson - because they're not willing to elect someone with no political experience.

However, Ms. Siuzdak response shows that she interprets his comments as if he himself believed that Stevenson was unqualified, not that the voters weren't willing to elect him. She says "you're wrong" followed by an explanation of why he's wrong.

So the key to this question is figuring out what Janeck or anyone might have said to elicit that response. Choice A becomes the clear answer. That seems like the response she would give to someone that thought Stevenson was unqualified. In fact, whatever Janeck actually says about Stevenson here isn't really that important...if you don't even think much about what Janeck says, the answer becomes clearer.
Re: CR(LSAT): Mr. Janeck: I don’t believe Stevenson will win   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2018, 16:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 49 posts ] 

Mr. Janeck: I don t believe Stevenson will win the election

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap