Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MSF concerns of mine, looking for suggestions [#permalink]
hey i am almost in the same problem as yours. I am currently in the last yr of my Bachelor's degree and wish to apply for Fall 09 MSF program. Not at all sure of the universities to apply in. Am planning to givr my GRE in Oct though. Not at all sure of the minum requirements even. Have searched some unis but didnot find a concrete ranking as such. Can anyone please guide on this?

thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey, grad09, get my msn sugarlovekandy@hotmail.com , we can talk about that a little :evil:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi , i've a question :for the MSF, we must take GRE or GMAT ? I plan to take GMAT on December for Fall 09
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hope I can help a little mate.

I'm originally from the states but am currently in the MSc Finance program at the London School of Economics. I'm doing the program part-time as I currently work full-time in strategy/biz dev for a second phased start-up.

I've just completed my exams for the first year and I must say, I am extremely impressed with the program. The core classes gave a brilliant overview of Corporate Finance and Asset Markets, and the year two courses are supposed to get even more tecnhical.

As for job prospects, I'm looking to transition into firmwide strategy w/in an ibank afterwards. I think my current work experience, combined with the MSc Finance will be a perfect fit.

As for schools in the states, I've heard Princeton is the way to go for this speacilized degree. If you're willing to venture to London, I would certainly look at the LSE program as well as the LBS program. Both are very good and place well. If you choose to apply to LSE, you should apply to various Finance related Masters as the MSc Finance full-time only accepted 40 out of 1500 applicants this past year.

In my honest opinion (and I'll know more next year!), the MSc Finance from a top school will place just as well as an MBA. This is certainly the case in Europe, and I believe (and am hoping) it will be equivalent for Finance related fields in the states.

If there are any specific questions you have, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey, briboy, can you add me to your msn? as mentioned above, sugarlovekandy@hotmail.com, I got a bunch of questions and i need your help to my decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey briboy, tell me what are ur opinions abt the following universities for MS Finance, i am unable to get any ranking as such..

Vanderbilt University
Uinversity of SanFransico
University of florida
University of Buffalo
Princeton university
george washington university
Boston university
Indiana university
John's Hopkins
Uni of illinois-Urbana Champaign

and yes GRE is also acceptable in most of the universities that offer MSF..besides some universities consider only the quantitative portion of GMAT or GRE...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how about Cass Business School,is this a good choice??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i don't think there's any official ranking on msf. but anyone know the exact reputation and quality of different universities? which is the best hit taking into accounts program, internship, scholarship and placements?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am also looking for suggestions regarding the universities.

I would be grateful if someone who has been thru' the process can help us out.

also I have only come across the universities like Tepper - CMU, Princeton, Villanova, UIUC etc. Does anyone have any idea about the programs from Gerogia Inst of Tech, North Carolina etc?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sugarjam - I don't really use MSN mate (I'm from the states) but if you private message me, I'll be happy to provide you w/ my e-mail address or number to answer any questions you may have.

As for the schools listed, I can only give an analysis on a few, but even that is not too in depth. For me, I was set on going to LSE or LBS because of the prestige and job prospects of the program.

As you know by now, the MSF is just recently coming into its own. From your list, the innovators (and therefore, probably the schools w/ the best job prospects) would be Princeton, Vanderbilt, Hopkins and BU. Indiana is also a solid business school (places amazingly well for ibanking, oddly enough) but again, the program is extremely new. If you have the credentials, I would focus on those 4/5 schools. Hope that helps.

Anything else, keep the questions rolling :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
John's hopkins is Carey Business School located in DC ??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello my name is elie i am Lebanese 20 year old student in finance at the american university of Beirut (number one uni in lebanon) i am currently in my final year and i plan to apply to a grad school for a finance masters for fall 2009 can you help me with what schools to choose. what do you personaly think about baruch (zicklin).
plz reply thank you in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I'm seeking for this information
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4