GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Which Program?

  • 42% [6]
  • 35% [5]
  • 0% [0]
  • 7% [1]
  • 7% [1]
  • 7% [1]
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 07:26
1
Mo2men , bb

Hii everyone,

I have got final admission call for Full time MBA- 2022 batch from following colleges:

MSU- Broad- 90% Scholarship,
Olin- WashU - 50% Scholarship
TAMU- Mays- 70 % Scholarship,
Purdue-Krannert - Scholarship $ 10K + GA
UT Dallas- Naveen Jindal - 90% scholarship
Rutgers- $ 12K


Now, I am confused between which one to chose. What are the pros and cons of one over the other. Kindly help me to decide.


I have 9 years of work Ex of project mgmt in a manufacturing and engineering organization- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals ltd).

I wish to do my MBA in SCM.. and after my MBA i am inclined towards doing a job in a SCM or operations consulting role...

However, I am bit flexible as far as future JOB opportunities and areas of work or Industries are concerned. And I would be fine with project mgmnt role or supply chain specialist as secondary choice.

Small difference in the fee or the scholarship doesn't matter to me.. If the college and future opportunities are better at some place, I would be happy to spend few more pennies..

I am an international Student (From India) and I have no reservations for the location of the colleges.. Though, it would be helpful if you could suggest any location to have particular advantages over other (among the above list of colleges)..


Please Help me decide..

Narenn
Naman5772
egmat
MBAPrepCoach
GMATNinja
workout
cxa0897
abhimahna
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Feb 2020
Posts: 134
Location: United States (OK)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 07:42
2
I edited your post to add a poll. This will help make it easier for your to track.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
______________________________________________________________________________________
Incoming Master of Science in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics Student
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 20523
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 07:59
Congrats on your admits and scholarships!
Sorry, I am not very strong or well versed in SCM or Ops roles and opportunities but my suggestion would be to minimize your risk and pick a program with the highest scholarship and also one that has STEM https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-stem-mba ... 13573.html

Great job!
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Feb 2020
Posts: 134
Location: United States (OK)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 08:06
I am not very familiar with SCM but I have heard wonderful things about Broads SCM and job placements. Couple that with the scholarship and I would recommend Broads.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
______________________________________________________________________________________
Incoming Master of Science in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics Student
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 20523
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 14:06
P.S. You may want to consider some very similar discussions with current students from Broad & others:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/wisconsin-vs ... 22797.html
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2473
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 15:06
omsworlds wrote:
Mo2men , bb

Hii everyone,

I have got final admission call for Full time MBA- 2022 batch from following colleges:

MSU- Broad- 90% Scholarship,
Olin- WashU - 50% Scholarship
TAMU- Mays- 70 % Scholarship,
Purdue-Krannert - Scholarship $ 10K + GA
UT Dallas- Naveen Jindal - 90% scholarship
Rutgers- $ 12K


Now, I am confused between which one to chose. What are the pros and cons of one over the other. Kindly help me to decide.


I have 9 years of work Ex of project mgmt in a manufacturing and engineering organization- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals ltd).

I wish to do my MBA in SCM.. and after my MBA i am inclined towards doing a job in a SCM or operations consulting role...

However, I am bit flexible as far as future JOB opportunities and areas of work or Industries are concerned. And I would be fine with project mgmnt role or supply chain specialist as secondary choice.

Small difference in the fee or the scholarship doesn't matter to me.. If the college and future opportunities are better at some place, I would be happy to spend few more pennies..

I am an international Student (From India) and I have no reservations for the location of the colleges.. Though, it would be helpful if you could suggest any location to have particular advantages over other (among the above list of colleges)..



Hi omsworlds
Congrats for the admit in those schools. Happy to help as it is with my domain in operation and supply chain.

Before I go further, what does GA in Krannert exactly cover? What will be the total cost for you after adding GA?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 91
Location: Hong Kong
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V45
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 22:53
voted Wash U cause of rank
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 20:30
Mo2men wrote:
omsworlds wrote:
Mo2men , bb

Hii everyone,

I have got final admission call for Full time MBA- 2022 batch from following colleges:

MSU- Broad- 90% Scholarship,
Olin- WashU - 50% Scholarship
TAMU- Mays- 70 % Scholarship,
Purdue-Krannert - Scholarship $ 10K + GA
UT Dallas- Naveen Jindal - 90% scholarship
Rutgers- $ 12K


Now, I am confused between which one to chose. What are the pros and cons of one over the other. Kindly help me to decide.


I have 9 years of work Ex of project mgmt in a manufacturing and engineering organization- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals ltd).

I wish to do my MBA in SCM.. and after my MBA i am inclined towards doing a job in a SCM or operations consulting role...

However, I am bit flexible as far as future JOB opportunities and areas of work or Industries are concerned. And I would be fine with project mgmnt role or supply chain specialist as secondary choice.

Small difference in the fee or the scholarship doesn't matter to me.. If the college and future opportunities are better at some place, I would be happy to spend few more pennies..

I am an international Student (From India) and I have no reservations for the location of the colleges.. Though, it would be helpful if you could suggest any location to have particular advantages over other (among the above list of colleges)..



Hi omsworlds
Congrats for the admit in those schools. Happy to help as it is with my domain in operation and supply chain.

Before I go further, what does GA in Krannert exactly cover? What will be the total cost for you after adding GA?






Mo2men

I am posting the exact mail content of Purdue- Krannert

" we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to receive Graduate Assistantship and additional funds in the amount of $10,000.00.

The Graduate Assistantship is being administered as a quarter-time (0.25 FTE) assistantship which covers tuition and some fees in exchange for working approximately 10 hours/week. Graduate Assistants work in a variety of functional areas, some of which include admissions, student services, career services, alumni relations, and undergraduate affairs. You may be contacted to interview for a specific Graduate Assistant (GA) position, or assigned a role based on your professional background and interests.

The assistantship provides an annual salary, paid bi-weekly in 19.5 increments, of $7,724 as well as a remission of all but a portion of fees per semester."


Please Help..
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 20:31
FinanceMan wrote:
I am not very familiar with SCM but I have heard wonderful things about Broads SCM and job placements. Couple that with the scholarship and I would recommend Broads.

Posted from my mobile device



Thanks FinanceMan..
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 20:32
bb wrote:
Congrats on your admits and scholarships!
Sorry, I am not very strong or well versed in SCM or Ops roles and opportunities but my suggestion would be to minimize your risk and pick a program with the highest scholarship and also one that has STEM https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-stem-mba ... 13573.html

Great job!



Thanks bb..
RSM Erasmus Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2473
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 14:22
1
Hi omsworlds

When it comes to SCM, there is another ranking to schools called Gartner. It ranks all SCM programs MSc and MBA with SC focus.

From quality view, Broad tops all the above schools. It has the best rich SC curriculum and biggest staff and employers come to recruit from there. Krannert, Jindal and Rutgers come behind it. I would quickly rule out Olin and Mays from this list.

If you consider full MBA experience, then Olin outperforms the other schools. It has SC concentration but not as strong as the other schools. In my view, Broad lacks other MBA electives that complement your SC focus. Other schools has by way or another balanced MBA academics but lower ranking.

When we talk about employment, you will hear a lot of arguments so my advice is to study each report in line with conversation with alumni and current students.

No we will come to the most critical part, you have good scholarships with Broad, Krannert, Mays, and Olin but Olin and Krannert are STEM. In this world with uncertainty and immigration stumbles, I would choose the best prograjm with less cost and STEM. In my opinion, I'm leaning towards to Krannert as it has the free ride, STEM and wel blalance4c MBA (especially data analytics which really a huge asset in searching for jobs). For the record, I saw other people who took risk and chose a program that is not STEM because they found them to be more fit. Again this is me and how I see it. It is totally up to you at end.

Happy to have any questions.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Location: United States (AZ)
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 17:32
Mo2men wrote:
Hi omsworlds

When it comes to SCM, there is another ranking to schools called Gartner. It ranks all SCM programs MSc and MBA with SC focus.

From quality view, Broad tops all the above schools. It has the best rich SC curriculum and biggest staff and employers come to recruit from there. Krannert, Jindal and Rutgers come behind it. I would quickly rule out Olin and Mays from this list.

If you consider full MBA experience, then Olin outperforms the other schools. It has SC concentration but not as strong as the other schools. In my view, Broad lacks other MBA electives that complement your SC focus. Other schools has by way or another balanced MBA academics but lower ranking.

When we talk about employment, you will hear a lot of arguments so my advice is to study each report in line with conversation with alumni and current students.

No we will come to the most critical part, you have good scholarships with Broad, Krannert, Mays, and Olin but Olin and Krannert are STEM. In this world with uncertainty and immigration stumbles, I would choose the best prograjm with less cost and STEM. In my opinion, I'm leaning towards to Krannert as it has the free ride, STEM and wel blalance4c MBA (especially data analytics which really a huge asset in searching for jobs). For the record, I saw other people who took risk and chose a program that is not STEM because they found them to be more fit. Again this is me and how I see it. It is totally up to you at end.

Happy to have any questions.



That would be helpful.. Thank you Mo2men
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU   [#permalink] 12 May 2020, 17:32

MSU Broad Vs Olin Vs UT Dallas Vs Purdue Krannert Vs Mays- TAMU

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate






cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne