Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 287 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 287 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Re: My Boss is annoyed by delivering many Recommendation Letters [#permalink]
I think that can work, though admittedly I have very little knowledge of how the process looks on the recommender end.

For all the schools I applied to, I had to fill out the recommender's email address in my application and the form was automatically sent to them. What I'm guessing happens (and someone else, please chime in if I'm wrong) is that the recommender then has to upload the completed file to the link for your application that the email provides. So essentially, they could either fill out the form or attach a standard letter instead, as long as it met the file criteria (PDF, Word, etc.)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I would suggest trying to decide on your top choice school and making sure that if it's going to be 1 letter for everywhere at least it is tailored to your top choice school's questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Tagger wrote:
lb2015 wrote:
I am almost positive my boss did this, too (uploaded the same letter). He'd usually leave it until the last day and then when I sent him yet another reminder, I'd get an automatic confirmation email from the school a minute later saying that they had received my boss' rec :P

I think it's a little ridiculous that all these schools use different online forms, and I think the adcoms are likely used to getting tons of standard letters. Is it ideal? Maybe not, but it certainly didn't keep me out...

It is a little bit reassuring !

I don't think he will fill the online Form for me. He will just write a paper recommandation, then I'll have to convince the B-School to accept a scanned Rec :oops:

Is that possible ?

You probably know this, just want to be clear, but the rec will have to be sent from your boss' email address. So even if he sends one scanned recommendation (don't know why it would be scanned, couldn't he just send a word doc?), it must come from his email address. You can't send it for him.

Agree with Mappleby, I would either do that, or find the most comprehensive set of recommendation questions for the schools you are applying to and make sure he addresses all of those. At least then he's touching on a lot areas that are of interest to the schools. Another thing I would say, is to perhaps give him some pointers on things he can mention. Remind him of your work achievements and let him know what sort of qualities you want him to discuss that you possess. The guidance will make the process easier for him, and ensure that he writes something that is good for you!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
My previous manager also simply submitted the same letter to each school (he actually snail mailed it first, because he claimed they would take the letter more seriously... I had to convince him to upload the letter of rec instead...) Either way, he showed me the letter at some point, and it was great (glowing) but did not follow any of the schools formats... I still got interviews/got in... So it may not matter THAT much
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
I think that can work, though admittedly I have very little knowledge of how the process looks on the recommender end.

For all the schools I applied to, I had to fill out the recommender's email address in my application and the form was automatically sent to them. What I'm guessing happens (and someone else, please chime in if I'm wrong) is that the recommender then has to upload the completed file to the link for your application that the email provides. So essentially, they could either fill out the form or attach a standard letter instead, as long as it met the file criteria (PDF, Word, etc.)

This is correct. Just see if your boss is willing to copy and paste the same letter in a few places... Give him all the info together, so he can do it all at once.
GMAT Club Bot