It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
MBA Strategy Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 0

Re: Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 09:23
This post received
KUDOS
unknownuser2 wrote:
PROFILE:
Personal: 25, Male, India
GMAT score: 770, Q50 and V44. IR - 8/8. AWA - 5
Undergrad: B. Engg, Tier Two college from India, 9/10(3.6/4)
Work Ex: 3 years 3 months(as of now) in Goldman Sachs, Technology division. Work-ex is good, been working with Stock Exchanges and Teams all across the world. I have been handling multiple responsibilities and important projects at the workplace, and have good reviewers to back it up.
Cofounded a startup in college(defunct now), no great extracurriculars otherwise.
Post-MBA goals: Product Manager in FinTech at New York/Silicon Valley/London

Applied to Cornell in Nov Round last year, got interviewed and dinged

QUERY:
Haven't been promoted till now(minimum is 3 years for undergrads), and have a promotion due this December to the next role, which is certain. Have kept most of my colleges to R2, given the promotion. However for Cornell, given that I am a reapplicant, thinking of applying to R1 itself. Can someone advise on this, please?
General profile reviews are welcome too.

Hi,
I'd advise you to apply on the 2nd Round to demonstrate what's changed in your life (promotion) and take your time to develop new post-MBA goals and good arguments for your choice of goals.

Victoria, MBA Strategy Application Team Lead
Find a Lot of Answers to Top Schools Admissions on Our Blog

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.36
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 12:44
Hi,

Would love feedback on my profile:

Background and nationality:
- White, male American

Undergrad Information:
- Top 50 Liberal Arts University in US
- Economics (3.3) & Psychology (3.5) Majors, Overall GPA: 3.4
- Graduated Deans list, Cum Laude and "Honors"
- Studied abroad in Copenhagen
- Student Government - Class Rep, Greek Life Char, and Elections Chair
- Beta Theta Pi: Founding Father, Social Chair, and PR Chair
- Greek Council President senior year

GMAT:
AWA: 6/6 (89%)
IR: 8/8 (93%)
Verbal: 38 (85%)
Quant: 39 (37%)
Overall: 640 (70%)

Work experience and leadership:
- Nielsen Company: ~1 year as Financial Leadership Associate in Chicago (recruited for "FLP" program at college campuses)
- Hill Holliday Advertising: ~1 year as Assistant Media Planner in Boston
- Electus TV Production Studio: ~1 year Content Marketing Assistant in LA
- Ogivly & Mather: 1 year Assistant Account Executive, 1 year New Business Account Executive, 1 year Global Account Executive (in LA & NYC, also recruited for "Associates" program at college campuses)

Community and others:
- PENCIL "Future Marketer" mentor for 2 years
- Founder and Digital Marketing Director of "Voices 4 Chechnya" which is a non-violent, direct action activism group working to support LGBT+ people around the world
- Volunteer at "Out In Tech" 2017
- NYRR volunteer and 2017 Marathon Runner with goal of raising $5,000 for "Voices 4 Chechnya"

Post MBA goals:
- Immediately post-MBA my goal is to work as a Brand/Marketing Manager for an organization or company within the online retail industry like Amazon.
- 5-10 years post-MBA my goal is to work as an Executive Brand Director at Peleton or Fitbit within the health/ nutrition/ Consumer Package Goods industry.

Anything else:
- Summer 2017: Columbia Business Certificate program (4 master level business classes) GPA: 4.1
- I've met with several admissions associates at MBA fairs, had informal interviews with them, visited the school to sit in on classes, met with the "Out 4 Business" current presidents, let them know I'd want a leadership position in that group.
- I submitted round 1 application a few days ago

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Brendan

Last edited by brendanbmcgrath on 09 Oct 2017, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 26

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 09:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi..I'd love to have some feedback on my profile. Thanks.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post-MBA Goals – I’d love to work in the Consulting Sector after my MBA (specifically Strategy Consulting)

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 26

MBA Strategy Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 03:03
divyabhtyagi wrote:
Hi..I'd love to have some feedback on my profile. Thanks.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post-MBA Goals – I’d love to work in the Consulting Sector after my MBA (specifically Strategy Consulting)

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad

Hi,
you've got a very strong profile) To make it perfect, develop your post-MBA goals by focusing on your contribution to your home land's development. Explain what you're going to do upon your return to India: which industry/sector needs your expertise, competencies and MBA education most of all? Show the value you will be able to bring to your country after MBA, and together with your brilliant background, career growth and ethusiasm it will give you a very good chance to get admitted.

Victoria, MBA Strategy Application Team Lead
Find a Lot of Answers to Top Schools Admissions on Our Blog

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.09
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 10:49
Hi! Please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply in the Jan'18 round for Sep'18 intake.

Origin: Bangladesh
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V42)
Undergrad GPA: 3.09
Work Experience: 7.5 years in Brand Management in multi-national CPGs (of which 5.5 years in Nestle)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2017, 10:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 45 posts ] 

Johnson Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap