Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [1]
Send PM
Re: My Gmat experience: 680 (48Q, 34V, 6.0 Awa) [#permalink]
Kudos
Congrats Asharc,
680 is a very good score. SInce you were aiming for 720- are you planning on taking it again? If so, good for you! If not, good for you! As important as GMAT is, keep in mind that its only one piece of the puzzle ( aka apps). btw- what schools are you applying to?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
abhaypratapsingh,

I prepared for about 3 months. I think 3-4 months is sufficient for anyone. I could only spend an hr or so on weeknights, a few more hours on the weekends.

Kaplan800 is a good book with good questions, but I say it is a waste, because if you've reviewed all the official materials and done the gmat challenges, it doesn't really add much. I would recommend do the GmatOG Guides (all three), then do the number properties and number inequalties books in Manhattan Gmat, the gmat challenges and then the last 3 weeks on the Gmat Prep and this forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Send PM
thanks buddy !!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Columbia dream. I am not planning on taking the exam again as I don't really have the time to devote to the amount of studying needed for the gmat currently. I am applying for part time programs since I have about 10 years of work experience and looking to boost my career. I have applied to Rutgers Business School and have been accepted. I just sent in my application to NYU Stern for the langone program which would be my number one choice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Send PM
Wish you all the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just another quick note. I did alot of practice tests, but never with the awa and I think that affected my verbal score since I was just too tired to concentrate by the end. The wierd thing is when I took the test, I thought I bombed the quant and aced the verbal. When I saw my breakdown I was shocked.

As for the awa, I just used the princeton review templates. I didn't study more than 1 hr for that section. The best advice is to have 4-5 paragraphs and write as much as possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Congrats dude! That's a great score...

I also took the GMAT today with the same splits as yours (48q 34V 6IR), but my score was 660. Can anyone explain how the total score is lower than OP's? Even if splits are the same?

I was optimistically aiming for 700, so I was naturally dissatisfied. However, I only prepared for a month after I found about the exam, and my GMAT prep scores were 620 and 700. So I wasn't completely sure I was gonna get a 700 or anything. I got the last two questions in quantitative wrong for sure, and I think I could have managed a q49 if I answered them correctly. In verbal, it was probably that one really long RC passage that got the better of me.

I plan on using this score to get in NUS Business School. Just hope it's enough..

What do you guys think?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts