Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
haha well I just got the Quant Review..
And just finished the problem solving sets on the Kaplan Review CD...
I am taking GMAT Aug 11th
I have this Friday off of work and am going to make it into a Quant Review day.My verbal is ok. I have been scoring around 45. My quant is ok, around a 45-47. I am trying to take that to 49 or above. Don't know if I Will be successful on that front..math has always been my weakness

Did you do all of the CAT's on the Kaplan CD? I have just done the dedicated PS and DS sectiionI was just thinking about taking the quant sections of the CAT this week...

And you don't recommend signing up for the site? I didn't do that yet
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: My hard work paid off! 760! [#permalink]
racer_x wrote:
... I even made flash cards for basic multiplication as I found I was frequently writing 8x4=24.

8x4=24. Now it's stuck into my head. :shock:

Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Replies [#permalink]
u2lover, its funny but the math was pretty basic, I was surprised at how straightforward everything seemed. There was a little of everything and the DS/PS distribution was about what you'd expect. Don't focus on any particular area, you've got to know it all. Be totally comfortable with the procedure of answering a DS question and get accustomed to asking yourself "what do I need to know in order to answer this question" before actually reading the data sufficiency statements. I attribute the 49 in math partly to Kaplan for allowing me to train for the DS problems and for making me aware of how I need to focus completely because there isn't enough time for mental wandering... but without the hand-holding at purplemath I could not have been as comfortable as I was at doing the word problems.

JamesWright3: I definitely did all 4 of the Kaplan CATs! Your "okay" verbal of 45 happens to be 98th percentile according to the official rankings, so you should feel confident about that. Definitely get that quant score up because you're competing against lots of math freaks ;) If you do well in both sections, you'll really stand out.

I forgot to mention... when you do the practice CATs, do the entire test including AWA! Otherwise you might bomb the verbal section because of the added hour of the AWA section.

Good luck pelihu and jameswright3!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Back from vacation, time to hand out the awards...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys,

A bit frustrated with my GMAT prep. I've been preparing for a couple of months now. Started with Manhattan thinking I better start with the tougher stuff. After 3 demotivating tests, I switched gears and moved to GMAT prep software and OG. My GMAT prep test scores have been between 700 to 740 (Quant between 74th percentile to 84th and Verbal between 83rd to 96th). I was fairly happy until I started taking Veritas Prep tests. The Quant on VP seems to be focussing on a few areas-my weaknesses-absolute value inequalities, combinatorics and set type questions (A,B,C like apples, oranges, grapes etc.) My VP scores fluctuate so far between 600 to 650. While I do acknowledge that my pacing is a bit off sometimes, which causes me to rush through questions at the end of the sections, I'm a bit confused as to where my actual level of preparation is. Can anyone help/motivate?

Many thanks,
Akhil
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
P.S: On Verbal, my RC seems to be strong but my CR seems to be eating into my score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Congrats on your great score!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts