It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 02:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.51
Reviews Badge
My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 10:22
Very few times do they tell you that GMAT is a long road and has a great deal of bumps along the way. I figured if I took the class, studied what they said, and did enough practice tests, I would be on an easy ride to my 700. Not so for me, I took Manhattan GMAT twice - once in person and once online. My teachers thought I had mastered it; in fact, they all expected I would get a 700+ in no time. Instead I would get 700-720 on my practice tests and 650 on my actual test TWICE! I kept searching online hoping to find students who went through the same thing as me, so I hope this post helps someone.

I was losing hope and fast. My friend mentioned Scott and Target Test Prep and I can't tell you the wonders it did for me. My numbers speak for themselves. After my first Manhattan class and my first official test I got a 54% in Quant. After my second Manhattan class and second official test, I got a 59%. I started using the Flexible Study Plan at Target Test Prep end of May with Scott to boost my quant score. My official test came to an astonishing 77%. I felt so confident with Math, that I think I could have done even better without the nerves from my previous tests.

Scott, himself, is a great tutor and very patient. He lead me to E-GMAT for my Verbal review. I felt skeptical at first thinking my Verbal was strong, but his recommendation did wonders. He really can see where a student is lacking and bringing the strengths out in them. I just wish I had gone to him before wasting time with Manhattan. Everything quantative that is on the GMAT is in Target Test Prep. If you study from the program thoroughly, you will feel confident on Quant.

Things I wish people told me when I started this GMAT journey 1.5 years ago:
- It takes time and consistent effort -- try and study everyday even if for a short time
- The basics are super important -- once you know the basics, with practice, the challenging problems will come easy
- Relax and don't let the nerves get to you - So many times I would forget it's just a test and I can get through it
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesMagoosh Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Re: My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 12:15
Naurines wrote:
Very few times do they tell you that GMAT is a long road and has a great deal of bumps along the way. I figured if I took the class, studied what they said, and did enough practice tests, I would be on an easy ride to my 700. Not so for me, I took Manhattan GMAT twice - once in person and once online. My teachers thought I had mastered it; in fact, they all expected I would get a 700+ in no time. Instead I would get 700-720 on my practice tests and 650 on my actual test TWICE! I kept searching online hoping to find students who went through the same thing as me, so I hope this post helps someone.

I was losing hope and fast. My friend mentioned Scott and Target Test Prep and I can't tell you the wonders it did for me. My numbers speak for themselves. After my first Manhattan class and my first official test I got a 54% in Quant. After my second Manhattan class and second official test, I got a 59%. I started using the Flexible Study Plan at Target Test Prep end of May with Scott to boost my quant score. My official test came to an astonishing 77%. I felt so confident with Math, that I think I could have done even better without the nerves from my previous tests.

Scott, himself, is a great tutor and very patient. He lead me to E-GMAT for my Verbal review. I felt skeptical at first thinking my Verbal was strong, but his recommendation did wonders. He really can see where a student is lacking and bringing the strengths out in them. I just wish I had gone to him before wasting time with Manhattan. Everything quantative that is on the GMAT is in Target Test Prep. If you study from the program thoroughly, you will feel confident on Quant.

Things I wish people told me when I started this GMAT journey 1.5 years ago:
- It takes time and consistent effort -- try and study everyday even if for a short time
- The basics are super important -- once you know the basics, with practice, the challenging problems will come easy
- Relax and don't let the nerves get to you - So many times I would forget it's just a test and I can get through it

Is this a marketing strategy by the respective cos.? User just joined few days back to write recommendations?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.51
Reviews Badge
Re: My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 13:17
rmadmit Definitely not a marketing strategy. I have been using this forum for many months without a username, and wanted to give my perspective because I found few people who had the same issues I did. In fact, one of the companies is still unaware of my GMAT score.
Re: My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2016, 13:17

My Long Journey to Get that 710 - Target Test Prep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap