Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:47 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi

This question is difficult to answer. Let us put it this way....

Q: What does Kaplan teach and what does GMAX teach.
A: They both teach the same.

Q: Well, then what makes Kaplan different to GMAX?
A: Kaplan - Label (brand name). Proven methodoligies. Most of the students score good in Quant section after Kaplan and fairly good in Verbal. (It is easy to get a 40+ in quant, than to get a 40+ in verbal). And the most important, advertisement, marketing, etc. that has made Kaplan, PR so called THE gmat course. They were the initiators. Pioneers in Online courses.

GMAX : Not so famous, but still catching up. Study methods are pretty good ( both are ONLINE). Focusing both of Math and Verbal (I found SC section been given more focus than other parts of the verbal). Math section gives good ground work and concepts, but less of practice material.

Q: Should I take Kaplan or GMAX?
A: This question is like " Do I go to Harvard or to UCLA". Harvard has the brand name. But, both the courses will take you to the CEO position with YOUR hardwork. You can choose either of them, Kaplan (paying 1000$) or GMAX (paying 300$). I can gaurentee you, that you can score more than 650 with your own preparation, if you follow your scedule and work hard. On the other hand, I can also gaurentee you less than 600, if you take either of the course, browse the content and keep the books inside the shelf. :) . I hope you get my point.

Pardon me that, your question is still unanswered. Whe I was in ur position, I chose GMAX, on just one criterium.... WHAT the heck, I loose 300$ and not 1000$ if I do not get a 700+. I am still working on it, practicing, going thru the GMAX course on-and on-and on. Does Kaplan allow repeated viewing?. The only hitch about GMAX is, intereaction with the teacher after the course material or if you have a doubt. for example, if you are unable to understand the method taught, it is not possible to reach the mentor. Or is there ONE ?. I need to check with Leanne.

Finally to sum up, TAKE the GMAX course it will improve your verbal and math. IF you are not satisfied, then perhaps Kaplan. You loose 300$. But if you take kaplan and not satisified, you loose 1000$. Well, time is a factor is both cases. But 2 months time, and SINCERE preparation, will get the score YOU want.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear Carsen,
Hi. I'm glad you liked our gmax online course so much. To answer your question about help - YES - we have online help - using a great audio-video portal, or telephone help, or email help. And it is very inexpensive - $40 an hour for truly expert help. (Two of the GMAX teachers have gone on to become big names in GMAT preparation in the United States.) Just look at the website and you can see all the options clearly. We are certainly here for our students.
Contact me directly if you need help, and I will set you up with the appropriate tutor.
Regards,
Leanna
Director, GMAX
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]