Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That sucks. If you can get in why torture yourself. I have said this before (not to offend you, really) when I read an email with as many mistakes as yours (varied mistakes syntax, grammar etc) it is plausible to me that you earned a 12 on the verbal. Of course you may just be a lazy emailer, I am known to do that myself. Nonetheless, my point is, if you cant get a simple email correct how will you do well on a rather devious verbal test?

I dont mean to diss you, you are obviously very bright(high quant) but one must be a perfectionist in verbal as well to score in the 40's.
I sure wouldnt take it again if I didnt have to.

Cheers
Eric
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Dave, remember that you can still have many good answers but if they happen to be after you missed the first 8 or 9 questions, you sure will not improve your verbal score by much. Thus, it is a possible scenario, as remote as you might possibly think it could be, and I personally believe that appealing is not much use. You can always try.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Eric:

You wrote:

How did you study your GMAT grammar. Do you know how to write in English? Please find some elementary English book or consult with a 6 year-old kid to correct your poor verbal syntax!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dave

Though you are angry with your score, there is no need to snipe at eric.

I seriously doubt that computer will have been wrong. GMAT test software is a simple database and some algorithms. I believe most appeals have been around there being delays to access, noise or whatever. To claim the machine went faulty between your good quant score and your poor language score doesn't seem reasonable, and highly unlikely, especially as it seemed OK to get your results at the end.

As it stands, if I were you I would take it again. You are obviously confident you can score higher in the Verbal without any extra study, so why not prove it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yea seriously, you're calling out eric on his grammer ..look at your own grammer first.... whos the 6 year old
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think this should be a forum about childishly squabbling at each other. People come here to seek help and I do welcome that. However, there should be some moderation in the language used towards each other member. Let's use some diplomacy.

That said, I don't think Eric meant any harm in his response as he only wanted to point out some reasons which could have explained your devious result in the verbal section.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi DaveNewyork,

Welcome to GMATClub :)

Did u practice some GMATPrep tests before? If so, how do your V scores turn to be?

I also believe that all information about your test, such as logs and so, are probably preserved on some GMAC servers :)... Perhaps, u would have a chance to ask for a human check or even it would be already done on your official score, deserved to be a confirmation (double check?) of your score. :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
DaveNewyork wrote:
Eric:

You wrote:

How did you study your GMAT grammar. Do you know how to write in English? Please find some elementary English book or consult with a 6 year-old kid to correct your poor verbal syntax!

Except for missing apostrophe marks, there is nothing wrong with the bold text. There are no grammar-related errors.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts