Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618584 [3]
Given Kudos: 81563
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64882 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Re: Need HELP with NUMBER PROPERTIES !! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
silverspear wrote:
Any tips on improving skills to solve Quant Questions on Number Properties ???

It looks like my strength is Algebra and I seem to naturally start using Algebra techniques to solve questions that could be easily solved by picking numbers or eliminating choices.

I have been going over the material in the official guide and some of the great resources to improve my theory. However, I seem to consistently be doing bad in number property questions.

Any help/suggestions or suggestion on good study material will be greatly appreciated.

You can also check out our Arithmetic book. It has an entire section devoted to number properties. It discusses what the test maker has in mind while making such and such questions, from where you should start and things you should avoid doing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
silverspear wrote:

It looks like my strength is Algebra and I seem to naturally start using Algebra techniques to solve questions that could be easily solved by picking numbers or eliminating choices.

I have been going over the material in the official guide and some of the great resources to improve my theory. However, I seem to consistently be doing bad in number property questions.

Any help/suggestions or suggestion on good study material will be greatly appreciated.

Number Properties is the largest section in GMAT. So, either try to diagnose specifically which topics trouble you most or try to understand as many ways to solve a questions to improve holistically.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
VeritasKarishma wrote:
silverspear wrote:

You can also check out our Arithmetic book. It has an entire section devoted to number properties. It discusses what the test maker has in mind while making such and such questions, from where you should start and things you should avoid doing.

Where can I find the book?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92883 posts