Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V34
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V34
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Need help with Verbal practice [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi beebuzz0504,

I'd like to know a bit more about your CAT Scores:

1) When did you take each CAT?
2) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each of these CATs?
3) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
4) Did you take them at home?
5) Did you take them at the same time of day as when you plan to take your Official GMAT?
6) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?
7) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? Had you seen any of the questions BEFORE?

Assuming that your general 'ability level' is in the high-500s, you will likely need at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study to get to a 720+. This is meant to say that you might need to change your timeline a bit to allow for the necessary study time.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32888 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Need help with Verbal practice [#permalink]
Expert Reply
beebuzz0504 wrote:
I have been practicing from months for GMAT from OG, Magoosh, Manhattan . I have managed to raise my quant score from 39 to 45 ,but through all these months mu verbal score has moved from 25 to 29 only.
Can you please suggest any way to raise verbal score.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hello

Which book(s) you are using for Vebal?
How do you know your verbal score is 29?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
beebuzz0504 wrote:
I have been practicing from months for GMAT from OG, Magoosh, Manhattan . I have managed to raise my quant score from 39 to 45 ,but through all these months mu verbal score has moved from 25 to 29 only.
Can you please suggest any way to raise verbal score.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi beebuzz0504,

For verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

For critical reasoning section, I would highly encourage you to consider Powerscore critical reasoning bible. It is a great GMAT prep book and will clear your concepts really well. Powerscore CR bible with OG will surely improve your accuracy on the GMAT.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of the verbal review and GMATPREP QP1 for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... 68383.html

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Bot