Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need some advice [#permalink]
Thank you for the the prompt and detailed guidance.

Why MIM and not MBA?

I would love to pursue MBA over MIM but I believe I am ineligible for MBA (I hope I am wrong), because
1) The word in my college is that MBA requires post-graduation work experience but I started,ran and sold the company while studying full time 4-year degree.
2) My age is 22, most of the people I know who have gone to study MBA are 25+.

So do you think I am still eligible for MBA?

2) You should hone your post MBA vision to be more passionate about the area you want to impact (your description now is rather generic, but I understand you didn't go into full detail on the forum).

I do not have 1 big idea, but have a series of smaller ideas catering to niche market in a number of sectors. Also I would love discuss my plans in detail in a private consultation session with you, but not on a public forum.

One question b-schools always ask entrepreneurs is, if you are so successful at building a business, how can you afford to stop and do school for two years?

1) Opportunity to meet "Wow-people" and than stay in touch for the rest of our lives. I heard MBA is a lot of fun and can be a transformational experience, I do not want to miss out on the experience.
2) Most of my skills are at best intermediate, I would like to hone my skills further.
3) Use the brand name and alumni network in my advantage.

Is my thought process in the right direction? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thank you for the guidance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That sounds awesome, I had no idea I would be a competent applicant for top-MBA right away.

I will focus on GMAT for now and will get in touch with you immediately after GMAT.

Really appreciate your guidance, thank you.
GMAT Club Bot