Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9242 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Need some help with assessment! [#permalink]
jkolachi wrote:
Go with MGMAT, skip the veritas and at the end before the exam test yourself with the GMATPrep. That way you have an idea of where you are going into the exam. MGMAT quant is much tougher than real exam so don't worry about quant score, focus on your improve and how to continue to improve. Use the OG questions 3-4 weeks before the test. Spend the weeks leading to exam focusing on your mistakes and reviewing those concept.

For timing, I'd focus on getting the easy questions down to 60 seconds. Also skip 2-3 very hard questions that you have no idea how to approach. Chances are you will get it wrong and end up wasting time anyways. Strategically choose 2-3 questions and just skip em. That will give you an extra 5 mins to focus on the other questions that you can actually get right but you might get wrong because of rushing through them......

Thanks for the advice! Is there anything you would suggest that I can do to identify those 2-3 questions that I should skip? Is there anything I should avoid while identifying those question? (like to not skip any questions in the first 10 or last 10 or something along those lines)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
The harder questions will start showing up after 10-15 questions. When you look at a question and go WTF or read it once and don't understand where to begin.... Skip it. You will likely end up spending 1-2 mins trying to figure out how to tackle it and end up making some silly mistake anyways. Also if you have a weakness i.e. Combinations or Sets (then you can skip those -- as long as they're not first 10 or last 10).

Skip 2-3 questions from 15-27 range. Don't skip last 10, don't skip first 10. First 10 are very easy anyways.
GMAT Club Bot