GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 05:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 17:01
Hi,
I received my TOEFL Score and it was unexpected. I scored 98/120, Reading 18(I am still surprised), Listening 24, Speaking 30, Writing 26.
I am planning to apply for 2016 fall session or 2017 spring session.
Note: Reading Section is my strongest part and this score is unbelievable for me.
The colleges which I have listed are asking for minimum TOEFL scores 87 to 92.
I did mistakes in listening section but overall score was okay for me except reading section.
I have cross checked with the colleges where I am applying, the minimum score range is 80 to 90 with minimum 24 in speaking and writing(no cut off score is mentioned for reading and listening sections).
Should I write TOEFL again?
SVP
SVP
B
Re: Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 21:32
Ad90 wrote:
Hi,
I received my TOEFL Score and it was unexpected. I scored 98/120, Reading 18(I am still surprised), Listening 24, Speaking 30, Writing 26.
I am planning to apply for 2016 fall session or 2017 spring session.
Note: Reading Section is my strongest part and this score is unbelievable for me.
The colleges which I have listed are asking for minimum TOEFL scores 87 to 92.
I did mistakes in listening section but overall score was okay for me except reading section.
I have cross checked with the colleges where I am applying, the minimum score range is 80 to 90 with minimum 24 in speaking and writing(no cut off score is mentioned for reading and listening sections).
Should I write TOEFL again?

Hi Ad90,

That is a bummer. Have you completed your under grad from a university where English is the mode of teaching. If that is so, you might not have to give TOEFL at all for some of the universities.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Re: Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 14:49
Yeah I have completed my graduation from the university where English is the mode of teaching and I have cross checked with the universities they just need minimum TOEFL IBT Score with more than 24 in speaking and writing sections. So, I am relaxed thanks for the quick reply as I was really disappointed with my reading scores and I am yet to believe how I scored so low in reading as I can't put my reading score for rechecking also.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2015, 14:49

Need Suggestion on my TOEFL Score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass