Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 739 [1]
Given Kudos: 246
GPA: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
New to this forum [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
shwetachauhan wrote:
nguyendinhtuong
Thank you for that information
I went through links given in your reply and wanted to ask this can you shed some light on this sentence
"Kudos inflation and cheating is punished by banning"

I have given multiple kudos to different posts of different people You can see from my profile
Going through this site i found there are people here who gave less kudos then amount of kudos i gave in whole day so will I be banned for doing that?
Also what constitutes as "cheating" and "inflation" what are guidelines and other stuff

Hi shwetachauhan ,

I could see you have given very large number of Kudos few minutes after joining Gmatclub.

Ideally, it will not be a problem but yes you will be under our supervision to see whether you are dealing with any kind of cheating.

So, its better to use everything wisely to avoid getting banned.

P.S: When you started doing so, I was the first one who pointed that out but didn't say anything as I have not found anything suspicious yet. But I may keep an eye on you. ;)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: New to this forum [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Pooja,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan. As an aside, many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so - depending on your score goal - it's possible that you will need more study time than you have allotted.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [1]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
New to this forum [#permalink]
Kudos
shwetachauhan wrote:
abhimahna Please keep that i love when guys notice me in a non-creepy way :P
Jokes Apart

I considered kudos as facebook likes so i kept on liking everything where i could say thanks or found the reply or the question useful or witty
That is reason i did this many kudos.
Main thing i wanted to ask is
Doing this many kudos will lead me towards a ban? if yes how many kudos can be given in a day?or should i restrict myself and give kudos to question or good answer and avoid giving to simple "thanks" or replies like that?
What is kudos cheating can you link me to an article or provide an example for that
Also, what is kudos inflation?

Maybe considering kudos facebook likes is the reason why this guy comment for notice :lol:

While facebook is a social network, where people could express their opinions freely, gmatclub is an academic forum, where people are active for some specific purposes. Hence, you shouldn't use kudos as facebook like button.

Actually, considering kudos cheating is sometime based on Administrator's or Moderator's opinions. When they suspect some strange activities, they will follow these traces. In fact, the forum offers many tools for keeping dirty traces, so they will know whether a member cheats or not.

Hence, you should use kudos button only for the post you think that it is useful for you, and for other people. Since kudos could be trade for some benefits, kudos could also be considered a type of currency on this forum. Thus, you should contribute kudos only for useful posts, and as a way back, you will receive kudos if your posts are useful for other members.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
PoojaDeshmukh wrote:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum can some guide me or share me link to know more about this forum and how i can use to this at ym full extent i am planing to give GMAT after 2 months also study plan for same will be helpful

Regards
Pooja

You are going for a smart exam like GMAT and you really need to start figuring things on your own.
No one can explain you all the things completely even if they want to help.
So please explore each and every branch or subsection starting from the main forum and especially don't miss out the important topics marked at the beginning of every section by admin or other experts.
All the best and welcome to gmatclub. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
nguyendinhtuong
Thank you for that information
I went through links given in your reply and wanted to ask this can you shed some light on this sentence
"Kudos inflation and cheating is punished by banning"

I have given multiple kudos to different posts of different people You can see from my profile
Going through this site i found there are people here who gave less kudos then amount of kudos i gave in whole day so will I be banned for doing that?
Also what constitutes as "cheating" and "inflation" what are guidelines and other stuff
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
abhimahna Please keep that i love when guys notice me in a non-creepy way :P
Jokes Apart

I considered kudos as facebook likes so i kept on liking everything where i could say thanks or found the reply or the question useful or witty
That is reason i did this many kudos.
Main thing i wanted to ask is
Doing this many kudos will lead me towards a ban? if yes how many kudos can be given in a day?or should i restrict myself and give kudos to question or good answer and avoid giving to simple "thanks" or replies like that?
What is kudos cheating can you link me to an article or provide an example for that
Also, what is kudos inflation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

Well yes i gave that test got a 720
Planing to give in next months
My target score is 760+
Applying for Top 10 schools but my preference is IMD
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pooja,

A 720 is an exceptionally high score for an initial practice CAT, so I'm hoping that you can answer a few additional questions:

1) Had you studied at all before taking this CAT (and if you had, can you describe your studies so far)?
2) Did you take the FULL CAT in one sitting (with the Essay and IR sections)?
3) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC
Nope i didn't studied for the test before hand i prepared for another entrance exam called CAT it is entrance exam for indian b-schools
nopei didnt took full CA attempted only quant and verbal
Q50 V37
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pooja,

Based on this score result, you clearly have strong 'critical thinking' skills and you likely have most (if not all) of the necessary 'content knowledge' that you need to score at a high level. However, this score result is likely a bit 'inflated.' Since you skipped the Essay and IR sections, you took a shorter Exam that required less effort and energy from you. In the future, you should plan to take the CAT in a realistic and test-like fashion, including taking the ENTIRE CAT (with the Essay and IR sections), at the same time of day as your Official GMAT, away from your home, in a test-like environment and not do anything unrealistic.

1) What practice materials do you currently have?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

I have all materials from manhattan to kaplan to veritas
Having tests of all 3 of them also 800score
I am free this days so i can spend whole day untill i am not exhausted
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Pooja,

To score 760+, you will need to make some improvements to how you handle the Verbal section (even if you hit Q51 in the Quant), so I suggest that you use the materials that you have and focus on the Verbal section for the next 1-2 weeks. After that, you should take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT (with the Essay and IR sections). Once you have that score, you should report back and we can discuss the result.

Rich
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Top Contributor
PoojaDeshmukh wrote:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum can some guide me or share me link to know more about this forum and how i can use to this at ym full extent i am planing to give GMAT after 2 months also study plan for same will be helpful

Regards
Pooja

In general, we recommend focusing your attention on specific areas - perhaps sentence correction first, for example. But recognize that the actual exam will mix up verbal questions during the verbal part. So during your studies you might do lots of SC questions. But once you finish "studying SC" - you will want to "mix it up" - so practice doing one SC question followed by an RC question, followed by a CR question - because that's how the actual exam will be.

For purposes of improving during your studies, we recommend focusing your attention on specific subsections. To do that, you can study through the OG book, which is categorized by question type. You can also explore new questions in the Practice Pill Platform: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

Our student testimonials can be found at: https://www.gmatpill.com/testimonials
GMAT Club Bot