Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: New user: Question on the strategy to start [#permalink]
GmatLA - Thanks much for the great constructive feedback. Yeah, I agree with all the points that you have mentioned above.

The only thing that I'm debating is whether or not it is useful for me to buy the entire manhattan series of books. The way i'm currently viewing it is based on purchasing the following set to study:

1) For Quant Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook 7th edition

2) For SC and CR Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook 6th edition

3) Would be implementing everything from those books through the use of the Gmat OG 12.

Again, I would like to narrow down as to minimum amount of study material as I would like to concentrate on 2 or 3 sources of study.

As it relates to the actual practice test, I have started the first test in Gmat OG 12 and it seemed like the quant section was a bit tricky for me where I would know how to solve the problem in instances but chose a wrong answer at the last step due to the fact that it requires an additional step to be completed. Of course there are also problems where they are very confusing in wording such as Data sufficiency questions. On the other hand sentence correction from my first attempt I was able to get a result of 4 of 10 but was very close at many of the answers where I always narrowed down the answers to two choices and picked the wrong as I thought the other one was just too obvious.

I think overall as it stands right now I would be in 400 low range at best.

Please review the list of material attached below, and let me know if this list is sufficient enough to begin.

P.S. Those Lakers need D12 hehehe. Kobe is going into that mode where he will drop 30 every night just to make the game close.

Thanks again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Guy!

If anyone else has any additional advice, they are very welcome to post.
GMAT Club Bot