GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 23:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Non-EU Non-Swiss citizens finding jobs upon graduation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Non-EU Non-Swiss citizens finding jobs upon graduation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2018, 05:49
I know it may be a very cliched topic, but I am really worried about the prospect of finding a job in Switzerland or other EU countries after graduation from the SIM program.
I am a non-EU Chinese citizen. I speak Chinese, B2 french, C1 Spanish and near-native English but no German at all.
What are the chances of getting a full-time job / internship offer in the french speaking-area or german-speaking areas.
Would it be easier to find jobs in Geneva than in Zurich, or do companies reject non-EU students right away without even giving interview opportunities?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Schools: HSG '20 (I)
Re: Non-EU Non-Swiss citizens finding jobs upon graduation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 06:34
kinhui11 wrote:
I know it may be a very cliched topic, but I am really worried about the prospect of finding a job in Switzerland or other EU countries after graduation from the SIM program.
I am a non-EU Chinese citizen. I speak Chinese, B2 french, C1 Spanish and near-native English but no German at all.
What are the chances of getting a full-time job / internship offer in the french speaking-area or german-speaking areas.
Would it be easier to find jobs in Geneva than in Zurich, or do companies reject non-EU students right away without even giving interview opportunities?

Thanks!

Hi Kinhui11!

I don't know exactly which Business School are you applying to ( I assume it is HSG), however I believe your chance to get a job either in Switzerland (in case if you're applying to HSG) or somewhere else in Europe (in DACH countries especially) are pretty high!
Nevertheless it depends on the BS you choose.
If you would be admitted to HSG then I suggest you to start to learn Deutsch immediately after you get an Offer.
With your current language skills and HSG Diploma, even Deutsch B1 I strongly believe would be enough to get a dozens of job offers either in Switzerland or Germany upon your graduation.
From my personal experience, native Chinese speakers with strong English language skills and knowledge of German at least on B1 level are in high demand now.
So, don't worry!
I think it's a right choice and a right time for you!
IMHO, you have great opprotunities ahead of you if you just keep doing some simple steps and be persistent towards your goals!

Good luck to you and all the best! :-)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Non-EU Non-Swiss citizens finding jobs upon graduation   [#permalink] 16 May 2018, 06:34

Non-EU Non-Swiss citizens finding jobs upon graduation

new topic post reply Update application status